Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 03-14-2008, 08:50 PM   #1
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Could Jermaine Return Soon In Indiana?

Jermaine O'Neal, who has been on the shelf since mid-January with knee issues, could be close to returning to the court for the Pacers, according to the New York Post.

Peter Vecsey seems to think that Jermaine might need to return in order to save the jobs of both Larry Bird and Jim O'Brien.

The Pacers will play in Dallas and Orlando this weekend before hosting the Knicks, Bobcats ,and Timberwolves next week

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03142008...873.htm?page=2
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:02 PM   #2
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Could Jermaine Return Soon In Indiana?

Boo!!!
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:51 PM   #3
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hopefully he comes back, puts up 20/12/3 and someone is stupid enough to trade for him. They really should give him every opportunity to put up stats. If we still have him and Murphy we have no chance to re-sign Granger w/o going into the luxury tax.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He'll come back and get 17/10/2
Old 03-16-2008, 06:35 AM   #5
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Hopefully he comes back, puts up 20/12/3 and someone is stupid enough to trade for him.

shhhhhh! dammit, lebowski...pipe down or you'll ruin it.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:37 AM   #6
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i don't listen to vecsey. i don't care if o'neal comes back or not as long as he's gone by the end of summer.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:46 AM   #7
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i don't listen to vecsey. i don't care if o'neal comes back or not as long as he's gone by the end of summer.
hes not going to be going no where unless he comes back and can prove that he has healed his injuries. No team wants a $19 mill / year injured player. JO has to come back and prove he can play still
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:57 PM   #8
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
hes not going to be going no where unless he comes back and can prove that he has healed his injuries. No team wants a $19 mill / year injured player. JO has to come back and prove he can play still

crush my dreams why don't ya, PR? geez.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:22 PM   #9
Irk Woodsman
I airball my layups

Irk Woodsman has an OK reputation so far

He's coming back Monday according to a few fans that heard straight from Jermaine himself.
Irk Woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:51 PM   #10
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irk Woodsman
He's coming back Monday according to a few fans that heard straight from Jermaine himself.
Yeah, I read that over at pacerdigest.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:52 PM   #11
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irk Woodsman
He's coming back Monday according to his few fans that heard straight from Jermaine himself.

fixed.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:06 PM   #12
Irk Woodsman
I airball my layups

Quote:
Jermaine O'Neal plans to return for Monday's game against Miami, and adding a six-time All-Star to the mix could provide a much-needed lift for the Pacers in their battle for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.

"Iím going to play on Monday," O'Neal said after the Pacers beat New Jersey 123-115 Saturday night. "Iíll play Monday. As far as being able to really score the way that I want to score in the low box itís probably going to take me a game or so, but I think that Iím going to fit right in defensively. I think thatís what the team expects of me to do."

Out since Jan. 16 with a bone bruise and swelling in his left knee, O'Neal returned to practice March 19 and has been working to regain his game conditioning. He has missed the last 33 games, during which the Pacers went 12-21. O'Neal said he plans to take a cautious approach to playing time, at least initially, and that he expects "20 to 25 minutes off the bench" Monday night.

"Obviously, I have to play my way back into shape," he said. "Itís unfortunate that we only have nine games left but the period of time that I was out was the period of time that I needed to get my knee back. Obviously I dealt with this knee for two years, and itís been quite an issue. Itís had me in and out of the lineup. So I wanted to be done with that. Iím healed from it, and Iím looking forward to trying to get this team in the playoffs."

With the offense humming right along, averaging 112.6 points in the last eight games, O'Neal should provide the biggest lift to a defense that has yielded 113.4 points in the last five.
http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5700001925
Old 03-31-2008, 11:08 AM   #13
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this board

He's going to slow down our offense. They'll revert to what the Pacers used to LOVE to do: Throw it into Jermaine in the post, everyone else backs away, and he does a fadeaway jumpshot from the baseline.

Game. Set. Match.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #14
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
He's going to slow down our offense. They'll revert to what the Pacers used to LOVE to do: Throw it into Jermaine in the post, everyone else backs away, and he does a fadeaway jumpshot from the baseline.

Game. Set. Match.
i was at the game last night and the first play he came in the game he traveled, then on the other end he blocked a shot and got whistled for the foul. after that he played pretty decent, a block or 2, 9 points and 3-4 rebounds when i left at end of 3rd quarter.
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:19 PM   #15
Irk Woodsman
I airball my layups

The offense seemed fine.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: