Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 08-15-2006, 05:14 PM   #136
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
I'd say top 10. Hes still not an all star.

that was the worst post i have ever saw on this board yet, dirk not an allstar??

what

the

f u c k
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:19 PM   #137
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

yeah...that was pretty damn bad.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:46 PM   #138
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
The difference is, if it was MIN vs DAL...if they put KG on Dirk...Dirk would be shut down. They put Dirk on KG, KG would put up the same numbers, if not better than usual.

Yeah, I agree with that. I looked at some of the boxscores of the two teams, and Dirk only averaged about 21-22 ppg against Minni. Howver, KG's big defensive advantage on Dirk just counters the advantage Dirk has at the ofensive end. Add in the fact that KG has proved that he simply can't LEAD a team, and his inability to come up big in crunch time, compared with Dirk being a bigtime clutch player, and I think that makes Dirk the better overall player.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:05 PM   #139
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
The difference is, if it was MIN vs DAL...if they put KG on Dirk...Dirk would be shut down. They put Dirk on KG, KG would put up the same numbers, if not better than usual.

I hope your not basing this on the 33/16 Dirk averaged on KG the last time the two met in the playoffs when the Dirk-led Mavs SWEPT the KG-led TWolves.

Dirk>KG
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:08 PM   #140
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
I hope your not basing this on the 33/16 Dirk averaged on KG the last time the two met in the playoffs when the Dirk-led Mavs SWEPT the KG-led TWolves.

Dirk>KG

Hehe, good call. I forgot about that.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:13 PM   #141
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
I'd say top 10. Hes still not an all star.

Um... if he were top 10, wouldn't he more likely than not be an all star?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:17 PM   #142
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Um... if he were top 10, wouldn't he more likely than not be an all star?

Not if the fans voted in five of the worst players, and the seven best players were in the same conference as Dirk, and Dirk was the eighth best, so the coaches didn't put him in.

In other words, kobedaman24 is an idiot.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:45 PM   #143
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Well I see your point, although you did exagerate like crazy with some of your points. Olwakandi WAY worse than Damp? I dunno about that. Erica is basically just a big body, like Olowakandi, with maybe a LITTLE more skill set. And Spree wasn't nearly as bad as you say. He was probably most comparable to Stack on Dallas, and it's a pretty good comparison, although I think Stack would win. And finally, I wold take Cassell (from THIS year) over Terry any day. SamIAm tore it up this year in the playoffs, and it just proved to me once more that this guy might be one of the best, if not the best decision-making PG in the league. Scoring PG's like JT are everywhere (although the Jet is one of the best), while it's harder (and invaluable) to find a real PG like Cassell in the L. Add in the fact that Sam is a few years older than he was with Minni, and that emphasizes my point even more.

I think you are really underrating KG's talent in that one year he got to the WCF's. There is no doubt that Dirk's team is better, and has been every year, except when they were both equal in KG's one good playoff run, but Dirk has done the most out of the two with the teams they have, so I gotta give this one to Dirk. the point is, KG can't really be a leader (Cassell was in that one year), while Dirk has shown that he can, and does lead teams to big things, and I think that's what seperates the two.

Stack now may be the most overrated player in the league. He sucks flat out. He cant shoot, He is one of the worst defenders in the nba(he makes dirk look like bill russell and that is saying something) and he doesnt board. Yeah he is so great. Spree now is probably better than stack now and spree isnt in the league. I hate spree but he could defend and he shot in the mid 40s percentage wise. Stack is a career 40 percent shooter. Spree was more comparable with josh now and he was better then than josh is now.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:53 PM   #144
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

I think Dirk is arguably in the top 5.

You have Duncan, Bryant, Lebron, Wade and Dirk...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:05 PM   #145
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Stack now may be the most overrated player in the league. He sucks flat out. He cant shoot, He is one of the worst defenders in the nba(he makes dirk look like bill russell and that is saying something) and he doesnt board. Yeah he is so great. Spree now is probably better than stack now and spree isnt in the league. I hate spree but he could defend and he shot in the mid 40s percentage wise. Stack is a career 40 percent shooter. Spree was more comparable with josh now and he was better then than josh is now.

Heh, well that proves my point even more. Although Stack CAN shoot, and he was great for Dallas when they needed a scoring punch, it just goes to show you how good KG's team was that year. What mzwach said about Cassell Spree being old and just shooting was flat out wrong. But saying Stack is the most overrated is crazy. Sure the guy's really dumb at times, but that fadeaway from 15ft was money throughout the playoffs iirc.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:13 PM   #146
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No Stack CANT shoot and he thinks he is a star. He shot 40% in the playoffs just like he did for the year and for his career. He did shoot the 3 better in the playoffs than normal but he still wasnt anything special. He shot it at 33% in the playoffs as upposed to 27% in the regular season and 30% for his career. He cant shoot. He doesnt rebound and he doesnt even try defensively except for like 2 plays every other game which is annoying because on those couple of plays he shows that he could be good.

As for KG, he has had a WHOLE lot more talent than people think he has.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:48 PM   #147
Sneakerpro
I hit open 5-footers

Sneakerpro has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickFan4Life
Cassell/Spree is better than Terry/Howard.

WRONG ^^^^

They were the year KG won MVP
Sneakerpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:46 PM   #148
basketballer4
Sweaty ti.ts

basketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat cool

No, I don't think Dirk's in the top five.
basketballer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:27 PM   #149
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

I think he is. He's been the last two seasons. Sucked the way he *****ed out in the finals, but his play up till that point in the postseason was maybe top 1 or 2.

He's got a great team around him regardless of what the Dirk groupies say (They underrate the team in order to overrate Dirk) but what player playing deep into the playoffs didn't have a great team?
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:32 PM   #150
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Hehe TMOGE, you're posting in a lot of BBall related topics. Guess that argument with Knoe provoked you a little afterall, even though he didn't take the bet.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: