Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 08-15-2006, 09:36 PM   #151
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

I get in moods where I wanna talk ball. It's just sometimes this play is so immature (posters like Knoe) that it's easier just to clown on people and talk ball somewhere else. But then every once in awhile theres a day like today where there are alot of great topics and discussion going on. Wish it'd happen more often.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:47 PM   #152
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
He's got a great team around him regardless of what the Dirk groupies say (They underrate the team in order to overrate Dirk) but what player playing deep into the playoffs didn't have a great team?

Only "dirk groupies" do that.. right.. not Shaq groupies.. or Wade groupies.. or Kobe groupies.. or LeBron groupies

So if everyone is a groupie.. What's wrong with there being Dirk groupies?

The things you say are so incredibly stupid, TMOGE. I just chalk it up to racism. But you are so stupid, you don't even know you are racist.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:19 AM   #153
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
I hope your not basing this on the 33/16 Dirk averaged on KG the last time the two met in the playoffs when the Dirk-led Mavs SWEPT the KG-led TWolves.

Dirk>KG
sorry, i must be completely wrong unless KG wasn't playing Dirk on defense. Yeah I think I could agree. KG might need to be a second option. I'm not sure wether it is his supporting cast or the difficulty for PF to nail game winning shots inside the paint, since dirk has his outside game...it therefore makes it easier for him to either stay outside and nail it or go inside surprising the defense and put it in for the and 1. KG rarely gets an and 1. I don't really know if it's a deal where KG just doesn't want to be the #1 option in the fourth quarter or what, but it doesn't help any when his teammates won't step up in the clutch either. Dirk is a great player. I just don't think he's better than KG. KG is a pioneer. Next season will be a test though, KG actually has a somewhat decent cast this year and if he doesn't make it this year, then currently...Dirk might be the better player.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:41 AM   #154
Bill Swerski

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
The difference is, if it was MIN vs DAL...if they put KG on Dirk...Dirk would be shut down. They put Dirk on KG, KG would put up the same numbers, if not better than usual.
:confused: They matched up against each other in the Western 1st round 3 years ago,
Dallas swept Minn,
and Dirk averaged 36 and 16, if I'm not mistaken.
Can somebody who knows everything please co-sign ??

Edit 33 and 16, apparently

Last edited by Bill Swerski : 08-16-2006 at 01:44 AM.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:42 AM   #155
Bill Swerski

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
that was the worst post i have ever saw on this board yet, dirk not an allstar??

what

the

f u c k
CO-SIGN
Old 08-16-2006, 01:51 AM   #156
greenhawk
I airball my layups

greenhawk has an OK reputation so far

I'm a Dirk groupie so I would definately rank him among the three best players in the NBA. He is not the guy to put 50 points on the board regularly as it could be seen by LeBron or Kobe, but he is a consistent shooter, a living matchup nightmare and defensively improved player. And he definately makes his teammates better.

He needs to get a little more experienced in high pressure situations and he doesn't need to argue with refs all the time (even if he obviously got cHEATed by them sometimes).

greenhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:41 AM   #157
FabCasablancas
Banned

No wonder Dirk has an inferiority complex.. even his self-proclaimed "groupies" are too afraid to say Dirk is the best player in the league.

It's funny how people say Dirk's supporting cast is so great.. yet the teams they were on before were terrible. Donnie Nelson must be the greatest GM that has ever lived.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:48 AM   #158
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

dgbigballer9329 has an OK reputation so far

The best player in the NBA wouldn't play like a biatch in the NBA Finals.

He was great all playoffs, but his mediocre 6 game finals performance (coupled by Wade's dominance, free throw aided or not) solidifies his status as great, but not the best.
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:06 PM   #159
ACCBaller1403
Washed up streetballer

ACCBaller1403 has decent reputationACCBaller1403 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbigballer9329

He was great all playoffs, but his mediocre 6 game finals performance (coupled by Wade's dominance, free throw aided or not) solidifies his status as great, but not the best.

He's certainly not the best. I stay saying number 5 though. If not 5 then definately 6.
ACCBaller1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:52 PM   #160
FabCasablancas
Banned

Did you not see dirk and Shaq's numbers in that series? Are they not great players?

Dirk and Shaq were the ones getting double-teamed constantly.. not Wade. If Dirk had another true all-star on his team they would have looked like a superstar just like Shaq made Wade look like a superstar.. Terry only looked like a superstar one game... because he isn't an all-star caliber player.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:56 PM   #161
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

SecondFiddle has not been impressing people

Yes, on the German national team
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:56 AM   #162
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCBaller1403
Wow. Even if he isn't hitting his J's that game he's better than 20th. He's still a big body and will rebound. I don't know where this horrible rebound concept is coming from. He rebounded just as much as Shaq this year and Shaq is considered a good rebounder.

20th was a bit of an exaggeration, but really, if he's not hititng his J he's borderline top 10. He does have good rebounding numbers, but by no means would I feel confident if I had to rely on him getting rebounds. He seems like one of those players who grabs a lot of the ones that come right to him. I've rarely seen Dirk fight for a tough rebound. The ones I see are those that take weird bounces or just happen to be in the right place. Needless to say, he's still a good rebounder, but by no means a "great" one. The numbers seem a little bit inflated. Would you really feel more comfortable with Dirk going up for a rebound or Shaq/Patrick Ewing etc.

On top of that, he still doesn't have much of a low post game. Granted he does have one of the best hi-post games in the league, but if his touch is off, or he's being played physical, the shot is definitely not money. Not just that, if he's off, he can't drive past smaller defenders, or post them up down low. And he definitely doesn't finish strong, not even Mavericks fan can debate this one.

Much has been made about his defense. And while I'm not going to heavily criticize him for that, I have Lebron as one of my top players for goodness sake, as a big man he needs to be better. Teams usually tend to center/focus their defenses with their big guys. Dirk's defensive woes are amplified because he plays in the front court, where as the wing players can be magnified to a certain extent (this whole thing is somewhat counterbalanced by the no-handchecking rule).

That being said, when Dirk is on, he scares me. You know what's coming and you still can't stop it.
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:45 AM   #163
jan803
High school junior varsity star

jan803 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
On top of that, he still doesn't have much of a low post game. Granted he does have one of the best hi-post games in the league, but if his touch is off, or he's being played physical, the shot is definitely not money. Not just that, if he's off, he can't drive past smaller defenders, or post them up down low. And he definitely doesn't finish strong, not even Mavericks fan can debate this one.
this is one of dirk's weaknesses. it's really inexcusable considering he's around 7'-0. he relies too much being outside. he very seldom likes to go into the low block. and i'm sorry, haslem's defense on him didn't help dirk's cause either.
Quote:
Much has been made about his defense. And while I'm not going to heavily criticize him for that, I have Lebron as one of my top players for goodness sake, as a big man he needs to be better. Teams usually tend to center/focus their defenses with their big guys. Dirk's defensive woes are amplified because he plays in the front court, where as the wing players can be magnified to a certain extent (this whole thing is somewhat counterbalanced by the no-handchecking rule).
his man, haslem was making OPEN jumpers in the finals. didn't see much of dirk's defense.

i agreed w/black moses' post. dirk's play in the finals was rather disappointing. he doesn't like physical contact and the heat defenders figured this out. he stayed outside. he didn't drive to the basket to get and-1's when i really thought he'd take advantage of how the ref's were calling the games. his overall performance wasn't that of the franchise guy. terry's overall play showed more heart. in fact, if the mav's won the finals terry would have hands down been the mvp, not dirk and that bothers me.

anyway, before the final's, dirk was starting to look like a top 5 player. terry and harris improved. the main core of the team is still intact. they will make the playoffs; that's a no-brainer.

in order for the mav's to get that championship, they're going to need to 'toughen up' whether fans think it's fallacy or not. most fans outside of dallas feel this way so it's up the mavs...starting w/dirk to show they can overcome that view of their team.
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:25 PM   #164
Kgallstar
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Kgallstar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
I hope your not basing this on the 33/16 Dirk averaged on KG the last time the two met in the playoffs when the Dirk-led Mavs SWEPT the KG-led TWolves.

Dirk>KG

You keep talking about this , but please post the players from both teams and Kgs stats in that series.
Kgallstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:00 PM   #165
Kgallstar
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Kgallstar has an OK reputation so far

ok let me help you.

Michel Finley( in his prime)
Steve Nash ( in his prime)
Dirk Nowitzki(in his prime)
Nick Van Excel( in his prime)

vs
Kg(prime)
Wally(prime)
Chaucey(prime)

Who would you choose to win?

Stats in those 2002 playoffs
Dirk KG

Pts 33 24
Rb 16 19
As 1 5
St 3 2
Blk 1 2

Better all around player you be the judge.
Kgallstar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: