Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 08-17-2006, 03:30 PM   #166
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

NVE was in his 9th year, not exactly in his prime. His knees were going. And in the deciding game 3, which was in Minnesota, NVE was 1-13 for 3 points. Not exactly a lot of help. People are always saying don't bad mouth Maverick players to make Dirk look better. Same goes for KG. He had Wally and Chauncey and still got swept.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:44 PM   #167
TheHonestTruth
Banned

TheHonestTruth has no real reputation yet.

Let's settle this once and for all: Dirk is the GREATEST basketball player in the world. Period.
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:57 PM   #168
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

Why not say Dirk is the best player in the world right now? He did more with less than any player last season. He was far and away the MVP of the regular season and playoffs.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:23 AM   #169
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
Why not say Dirk is the best player in the world right now? He did more with less than any player last season. He was far and away the MVP of the regular season and playoffs.

I don't know man. The most with the least? Dirk probably had the best supporting cast for a superstar outside of Wade (who beat him), and possibly Duncan (although the Mavs minus Dirk played better than the Spurs minus Duncan. I mean let's look at who had a worse supporting cast. So Dirk had JT, Howard, Harris, Stack, Griffin, Damp and Diop as starting calibur players. Kobe had Lamar and Mihm. Pierce had Wally (for a little while. Iverson had Iggy, Delambert, and I guess Korver. KG had Ricky. Bron had just as many starting calibur players, but they were all basically a degree below Dirk's team.

JT>>Snow
Howard>Hughes
Stack>Flip

The only one better was Z than Dallas' two CT's, and the way he played, it wasn't by much.

Saying Dirk did the most with the least is ridiculous, because of the great team around him. And far and away the MVP? I'd put him in the top tier, and when it came down to voting, I'd have him, Nash, Kobe, and Bron all up there and all basically equal. Far and away the MVP is outlandish.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:34 AM   #170
Locked_Up_Tonight
National High School Star

Locked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
So Dirk had JT, Howard, Harris, Stack, Griffin, Damp and Diop as starting calibur players.

Diop was a cast off from Cleveland.

Griffin was sitting on the couch at the start of the season. No one wanted to sign him.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:54 AM   #171
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
Diop was a cast off from Cleveland.

Griffin was sitting on the couch at the start of the season. No one wanted to sign him.

I'd still take Diop over Mihm (Lakers), Blount (Wolves), Perkins (Boston). I think him and Sammy (Phi) are about on par, with Delambert having the slight edge, and that leaves Z as the only guy above him for sure.

And I agree on Griffin, don't know why I put him there, although he DID start for Dallas.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:00 AM   #172
Locked_Up_Tonight
National High School Star

Locked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I'd still take Diop over Mihm (Lakers), Blount (Wolves), Perkins (Boston). I think him and Sammy (Phi) are about on par, with Delambert having the slight edge, and that leaves Z as the only guy above him for sure.

But I think the only reason you'd take Diop is because of his age + salary.

If Blount didn't get a fat contract he'd be just as valuable. The same with Mihm. Perkins is probably on par with Diop except he's more offenmsive minded.

I'm not saying the other guys are "better." But it isn't Diop's skills that makes him better than those other guys. It is because he's only 23(?) years old and has a small contract compared to his production.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 01:11 AM   #173
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
But I think the only reason you'd take Diop is because of his age + salary.

If Blount didn't get a fat contract he'd be just as valuable. The same with Mihm. Perkins is probably on par with Diop except he's more offenmsive minded.

I'm not saying the other guys are "better." But it isn't Diop's skills that makes him better than those other guys. It is because he's only 23(?) years old and has a small contract compared to his production.

I see what you're saying, but his salary didn't come into my head at all. I went by what each team would have preferred. I'm a Lakers fan, and I'd take Diop over Mihm (although I wouldn't want him now, seeing as Kwame's starting and all). He'd just be more of a defensive presence than Mihm. In Minni, they already have an amazingly talented big (KG), so I'd rather a defensive, rebounding big guy, than a scoring guy like Blount. Plus Blount's undersized at the CT position. And I'll be honest, I don't really know that much about Perkins, so I can't really comment on him. I just know (or maybe think) that he's a fairly mediocre player, who's basically just a stiff.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:14 AM   #174
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

dgbigballer9329 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I'll tell you why.

Because when you get so vastly outplayed in the finals by a player considered on roughly the same level as you......the other guy earned the right to be called better. Never mind this babble about who was guarded with more attention.....it's a copout. Wade saw many doubles whether you're delusional a** wants to admit it or not. And he CARRIED the team to the title (who else was even scoring for them? it certainly wasn't Shaq).

If Dirk even played average ball for himself (which is GREAT), the Mavs are world champions. If Dirk played like he did the whole playoffs, the Mavs cruise, maybe even a sweep. But he didn't.

Dirk played well enough all year and the last several years to be called a top 5 player. But he didn't go out and EARN "best player in the game" status when it was there for the taking.
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: