Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 08-11-2006, 06:00 PM   #16
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

I think Dirk is slightly overrated by some of you just beacuse he is such a UNIQUE player. I still think he is top 10 in the league though, just not top 5.
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:01 PM   #17
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Tubbs
KG had similar talent one year in Minny, and he won 58 games. Dirk won 60. How the hell would KG look "a lot better?"

And Dirk plays with one of the sh!ttiest teams in the world and makes them way better than they are, they're called "Germany."

Heh, good call.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:01 PM   #18
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default .

you think KG wouldn't make zimbabwe look better than they are?

and KG NEVER has had the talent surrounding dirk right now.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:02 PM   #19
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.

I don't see how you can still put Duncan above Dirk. Dirk outplayed him in the regular season AND head-to-head in the playoffs.

top 5 (no order)

Kobe
LeBron
Nowitzki
Wade
Duncan
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:04 PM   #20
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i can't think of another player ahead of dirk so i'd put him at #6.

guys like nash, t-mac, VC, etc. would be the next level.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:05 PM   #21
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I completely disagree with you.

I think Duncan outplayed Dirk in the playoffs, but the rest of the Mavs outplayed the rest of the Spurs.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:07 PM   #22
MaverickFan4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs

I think Duncan outplayed Dirk in the playoffs, but the rest of the Mavs outplayed the rest of the Spurs.

The Spurs gameplan was to take out Dirk, whereas the Mavs let Duncan have his and tried to shut down Parker, Ginobili and the Spurs bench so you really cant say that.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:09 PM   #23
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

duncan owned the mavs in some of those games. it doesn't matter if they put in seth green to defend him.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:14 PM   #24
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Ricardo Tubbs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
and KG NEVER has had the talent surrounding dirk right now.

Sam Cassell, 20/7, better than Terry then, maybe even better now
Spree, 17PPG, was considered even better then than Howard is now

Didn't have the same bench, but many of Dallas's backups missed significant time, and Cassell/Spree is better than Terry/Howard.

Quote:
you think KG wouldn't make zimbabwe look better than they are?

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't get them the bronze in the 02 Worlds or silver in the 05 Euros.

KG is the far better all-around player, and I might even take him over Dirk, but he just isn't the scorer Dirk is. If a sucky team needs anything from their best player, it's scoring.
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:15 PM   #25
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs

Did Duncan have 37/15 in game 7? Did Duncan make the game tieing play to take it to overtime? Did Duncan dominate the other team in OT?

Duncan had a great series against Dallas, but Dirk made the more important plays, had better stats and won the series. That's outplaying to me
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:16 PM   #26
MaverickFan4Life

Cassell/Spree is better than Terry/Howard.

WRONG ^^^^
Old 08-11-2006, 06:16 PM   #27
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Default .

the year you mentioned when KG had a couple good starters around him, he put up 24 ppg. dirk put up 25 ppg this season. no real difference and KG hasn't regressed since then...his team has.

plus KG gets around 11-14 ppg every year while dirk officially has never even hit the 10 mark.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:17 PM   #28
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

juvenile, outplaying someone in one game doesn't make you better.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:17 PM   #29
ROY=ROY
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ROY=ROY has an OK reputation so far

Dirk is definately in the top 5 but, at seasons end he may possibly be knocked out by Amare
ROY=ROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:19 PM   #30
MaverickFan4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROY=ROY
Dirk is definately in the top 5 but, at seasons end he may possibly be knocked out by Amare

I guess you didnt hear about Amares knee
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: