Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 08-11-2006, 07:20 PM   #31
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

amare hasn't proven he can do a lot on his own yet. he needs to be spoon fed by nash just like marion does.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:20 PM   #32
Locked_Up_Tonight
National High School Star

Quote:
I think Duncan outplayed Dirk in the playoffs, but the rest of the Mavs outplayed the rest of the Spurs.

Um, no.

Duncan in the playoffs averaged:
26 points
11 rebounds
3 assists
57% FG

Dirk in the playoffs averaged:
27 points
12 rebounds
3 assists
47% FG

Duncan had a higher FG%. And his team lost in the second round. Dirk scored more points, grabbed more rebounds and his team (beat Duncan's team) made it to the Finals.

Dirk had the much better playoof run.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:20 PM   #33
Locked_Up_Tonight

Quote:
I think Duncan outplayed Dirk in the playoffs, but the rest of the Mavs outplayed the rest of the Spurs.

Um, no.

Duncan in the playoffs averaged:
26 points
11 rebounds
3 assists
57% FG

Dirk in the playoffs averaged:
27 points
12 rebounds
3 assists
47% FG

Duncan had a higher FG%. And his team lost in the second round. Dirk scored more points, grabbed more rebounds and his team (beat Duncan's team) made it to the Finals.

Dirk had the much better playoof run.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:24 PM   #34
Locked_Up_Tonight

Quote:
the year you mentioned when KG had a couple good starters around him, he put up 24 ppg. dirk put up 25 ppg this season. no real difference and KG hasn't regressed since then...his team has.

Dirk averaged 26 points a game in the 04/05 season. Last year he averaged 26.6 points a game.

That is a huge difference than saying he averaged 25 points a game.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:28 PM   #35
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

either way, a bigger difference is 14 rpg to 9.2 rpp or whatever dirk averaged this season. plus KG is a better passing big man.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:31 PM   #36
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Quote:
the year you mentioned when KG had a couple good starters around him, he put up 24 ppg. dirk put up 25 ppg this season. no real difference and KG hasn't regressed since then...his team has.

26.6 actually, and since you mention KG's 24.2 that year, notice how he never did that before or since. Basically KG needs more talent around him to score more. The true sign of a guy that really isn't a genuine first option-type of scorer.

Dirk on the other hand scores more with less talent around him.
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:33 PM   #37
Locked_Up_Tonight

Quote:
either way, a bigger difference is 14 rpg to 9.2 rpp or whatever dirk averaged this season. plus KG is a better passing big man.

Do you just spout off stats without actually looking them up?

Garnett averaged 12.7 rebounds last year.

Man you must have REALLY SUCKED in math class when they taught you rounding.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:35 PM   #38
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
juvenile, outplaying someone in one game doesn't make you better.

do you wan't me expand the comparison to the whole series, or even the whole playoffs, or do you want me to include regular season as well?

Series:

Duncan: 32/12/4
Nowitzki: 27/13/3

and as winning and coming up good in clutch situation counts, I say they played equally well, also considering the defensive attention and the calls they got.

Playoffs:

DUncan: 26/10/3
Nowitzki: 27/12/3

Dirk had better stats AND got to the finals. Dirk easily had the better playoffs.

Regular Season

Duncan: 19/11/3
Nowitzki: 27/9/3

records and supporting casts were almost equal, Parker and Manu played better than anyone but Dirk on the Mavs. Dirk easily beats Tim in the stats category.
Some even argued Parker to be the real MVP of the Spurs (though I think that's bs)

What argument can you make for Duncan to be better than Dirk? Explain please
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:40 PM   #39
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvenile
Did Duncan have 37/15 in game 7? Did Duncan make the game tieing play to take it to overtime? Did Duncan dominate the other team in OT?

Duncan had a great series against Dallas, but Dirk made the more important plays, had better stats and won the series. That's outplaying to me

Haha, you're an idiot.

Question #1 - Yes, actually he had 41 points, 15 boards, 6 assists, and three blocks. Get your facts straight.

Question #2 - He couldn't. His team was WINNING.

Question #3 - Not sure about this one, so I'll give you it. Although I'd like to see a statline saying exactly how many points Dirk put up. I think I remember Duncan getting 4-6 of the Spurs abysmal 7 points, but if Dirk dominated than, I'll say that Dirk outplayed Duncan in overtime of game 7, which was, as you said the most important part.

An no you're wrong again. Duncan had better stats than Dirk throughout the series, and a better final average.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:41 PM   #40
miles berg
MFFL

IMO it is Duncan and LeBron at #1 and #2 and the top level.

Then Wade, Dirk, Kobe, KG, and (when healthy) TMac at the 2nd level with all having a shot at being at the top level with the above two.

Then Nash, Pierce, Arenas, etc....in the next level with Bosh, Melo, and others about to join them.

Amare is a total wildcard, could be #1 or could be top 25, it is all up to his knees.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:44 PM   #41
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvenile
Series:
Duncan: 32/12/4
Nowitzki: 27/13/3

and as winning and coming up good in clutch situation counts, I say they played equally well, also considering the defensive attention and the calls they got.

Playoffs:

DUncan: 26/10/3
Nowitzki: 27/12/3

Dirk had better stats AND got to the finals. Dirk easily had the better playoffs.

How can you passibly say that they were basically the same in the first category, but Dirk was better in the second one. That doesn't make sense.

And you keep bringing up the point of Dirk winning, but I keep telling you, Duncan outplayed Dirk (as the stats tell us) while Dirk's team outplayed Duncan's team.

(Edit: my bad. I didn't see what you said about calls and defensive attention. That's true. But also, when it comes to total playoffs, you have to take into acount who the teams were playing. I'd take Sacramento over Memphis any day.)

Last edited by RidonKs : 08-11-2006 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:46 PM   #42
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Default .

i'm talking about the year he won the MVP fool. the same year he put up 24 ppg.

i may be dumb at math, but you're plain stupid.

on a sidenote, it's funny how people criticize chris bosh cause he puts up stats on a bad team, but others criticize KG for putting up stats on a good team.:rollingeyes:
Old 08-11-2006, 07:46 PM   #43
Juvenile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Question #3 - Not sure about this one, so I'll give you it. Although I'd like to see a statline saying exactly how many points Dirk put up. I think I remember Duncan getting 4-6 of the Spurs abysmal 7 points, but if Dirk dominated than, I'll say that Dirk outplayed Duncan in overtime of game 7, which was, as you said the most important part.

What I remember about the OT is Duncan missing almost every shot and being taken out of the game by Desagana freakin' Diop, Dirk dominating the Spurs as usual and advancing to the WCFs

Idiot
Old 08-11-2006, 07:49 PM   #44
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Well I admitted you were right in that one, so I don't know why you're calling me an idiot, considering a basically agreed with you. Although I'd still like to see an overtime statline for both players, just so I'm not taking your word for it.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:50 PM   #45
Juvenile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
(Edit: my bad. I didn't see what you said about calls and defensive attention. That's true. But also, when it comes to total playoffs, you have to take into acount who the teams were playing. I'd take Sacramento over Memphis any day.)

Memphis was the No. 1 defensive team in the league iIrc. Or at least top 3, I don't feel like checking. Also, Memphis was the higher seed. AND Dirk dropped 31 per game on them, whereas DUncan had a 18/11 first round

Edit: that's why I called you an idiot:

Quote:
Haha, you're an idiot.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: