Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 03-24-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
Domingo84
I airball my layups

Domingo84 has decent reputation
Default Mav's r done this season

Without Dirt the Mav's season is over! They will not make the Playoffs this year! Denver will take there slot! The Kidd trade is garbage! I can't beleive everyone said the Suns Shaq trade was garbage compared to the Kidd trade! why did Dallas even get a Kidd! What the Mav's needed is size to match up with the west and the Mav's chemistry is messed up and they just need to start out fresh and make some big trades during the off season and don't be surprised that Avery gets fired!
Domingo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:03 PM   #2
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation
Default Re: Mav's r done this season

Please try to type with some semblence of grammar; not everyone here likes to read what looks like the typing of a 12 year old kid on a cell phone. And when you make a thread, instead of ranting about how you think the "Mav's r done this season", structure your thoughts better and at least make the thread inviting to people other than trolls. You proclaiming your dislike for the Mavericks doesn't really leave much room for outside insight in this thread, now does it?
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:08 PM   #3
OKC-SONIC

Dallas is dead. Plain and Simple.
Unless the can do something miraculous without Dirk,
but going up against GS twice and a motivated Denver,
it doesn't look like Dallas is going to make the 8 seed.

So sad.

Thank God I'm about to be a Sonics Fan.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKC-SONIC
Dallas is dead. Plain and Simple.
Unless the can do something miraculous without Dirk,
but going up against GS twice and a motivated Denver,
it doesn't look like Dallas is going to make the 8 seed.

So sad.

Thank God I'm about to be a Sonics Fan.

You sure type an awful lot like -primetime- and Doomsday Dallas.

I heard that Dirk should be out for two weeks or so (but I'm not sure how accurate the articles I read are), but if Dallas can conjure up a couple of victories and stay competitive, they should be able to get back into it once Dirk returns.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:18 PM   #5
Robtastic
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Robtastic has an OK reputation so far

It's definitely tough for the Mavs from here on out, but you've got to believe they have some chance of making the playoffs. Brandon Bass has played well, and as long as he can provide some decent play at the 4 I think they've got a fighting chance. Terry and Howard have some major work to do, and Kidd will actually have to make some of those bricks he's been throwing up of late.

That being said, even if you don't believe in the Mavs, you have to at least believe in Denver's potential to completely screw up.
Robtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:33 PM   #6
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domingo84
Without Dirt the Mav's season is over! They will not make the Playoffs this year! Denver will take there slot! The Kidd trade is garbage! I can't beleive everyone said the Suns Shaq trade was garbage compared to the Kidd trade! why did Dallas even get a Kidd! What the Mav's needed is size to match up with the west and the Mav's chemistry is messed up and they just need to start out fresh and make some big trades during the off season and don't be surprised that Avery gets fired!
Dirt... Mavs have a chance remember they still have J-Kidd who is desperate for a championship. They also have Brandon Bass who is also pretty good.
By the way whats up with all the !!!!!!
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:17 AM   #7
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domingo84

Well, you have to understand that getting Jason Kidd is the best the Mavs could do at that moment. What if they hadn't taken Jason Kidd? I can assume they should have already been exceeded by GS and Denver by far.(You don't expect Devin Harris to be even better than Kidd, do you?)

Therefore, you should understand that taking Jason Kidd was a desperate move for the Mavs since they must have known that their current roster was unable to even provide them a Play-off position. Kidd would at least turn them into an elite play-off and maybe second round team if Dirk hadn't been injured.

Besides, don't compare this trade to the Shaq's one. This trade is a move the Mavs had to do as I stated above(Kidd is at least better than Harris for sure), while for the Suns, they could have been better with Marion and what they did by trading Marion for Shaq is an action of self-destruction, which turned a champion contender to a mediocre team. I really can't believe how you could compare this two trades in this way, it's just way to absurd...
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:52 AM   #8
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
You sure type an awful lot like -primetime- and Doomsday Dallas.

I heard that Dirk should be out for two weeks or so (but I'm not sure how accurate the articles I read are), but if Dallas can conjure up a couple of victories and stay competitive, they should be able to get back into it once Dirk returns.

Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:42 PM   #9
Maniak
I Love LeBron

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If they lose tonight against the Nuggets....that could easily jepordize(spelling?) their chances completely...Maybe JK can work out a miracle? doubtful, but its worth the hope
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:02 PM   #10
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Anything can happen in the west playoffs this year. No west squad is truly dominant
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:47 AM   #11
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Anything can happen in the west playoffs this year. No west squad is truly dominant
word
Old 04-02-2008, 03:28 AM   #12
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

Next game vs. Golden State is a key game!

Winning would get us the tie breaker and two less losing games with 7 games to play.

Losing would tie seasons series and tie losing games.

But, as already mentioned...everything can happen

Is Dirk ready to play?
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:30 AM   #13
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

Dirk should NOT play in this game, for the sake of his long term success he needs to sit out, a high ankle sprain is a very serious injury and to injure it again this soon would be devastating to his career. I don't care how fast a healer he is, nobody recovers from a high ankle sprain in 11 days.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:48 AM   #14
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
Dirk should NOT play in this game, for the sake of his long term success he needs to sit out, a high ankle sprain is a very serious injury and to injure it again this soon would be devastating to his career. I don't care how fast a healer he is, nobody recovers from a high ankle sprain in 11 days.

He played and the Mavs have won this key game
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:20 AM   #15
KokeAyne
High School Varsity 12th Man

KokeAyne has an OK reputation so far

If the Mavs can beat the suns today...I will have faith...if not it looks very bleak.
KokeAyne is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: