Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-26-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Article: OC Register - Odom carrying load while waiting for Gasol

To view the entire article, click on the source below:
---------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Pau Gasol did not progress enough to practice Tuesday, possibly pushing his return date to Sunday. Gasol still has swelling and soreness in his sprained ankle, but Coach Phil Jackson stopped short of calling it a setback.

"He didn't improve between Saturday and today," Jackson said.

The Lakers hoped Gasol could practice Tuesday and potentially be available Wednesday against Charlotte or more likely Friday against Memphis. Asked about the Friday target date, Jackson said, "I'm sure he'd like to be back for Memphis, but I don't know if that's a possibility."
Lamar Odom has played a major role during Gasol's absence.

He recorded his sixth consecutive double-double Monday and became the first Laker to grab 20 rebounds in consecutive games since Vlade Divac in 1995.

"We have to win to stay on top of this crazy race, so I'm willing to do whatever it takes to help propel my team to victory," Odom said.

Odom is averaging 18.6 points, 16.8 rebounds, 4.2 assists and 2.0 blocks over the past five games.

"This is what we've all expected from him since he's come here," Kobe Bryant said. "I think now he's comfortable. He understands the offense and he's playing with a great deal of confidence."

Odom had 23 points and 21 rebounds, five assists and five blocks Monday. He told Jackson he wanted to stay in the game and he ended up playing all 53 minutes.

"I felt like I was doing a good job deterring some of these guys' shots," Odom said. "Protecting the basketball, rebounding the ball. I knew I could help. I felt confident with my shot. I just wanted to stay out there. I'm paying for it now."

Odom and the other starters were given a day off to recover.

"It was a spa day for me," said Odom, "without the facial."

Source: Odom carrying load while waiting for Gasol

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:47 PM   #2
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Article: OC Register - Odom carrying load while waiting for Gasol

The team is doing well even without Pau. The most important thing right now is to recover properly from the injury. The swelling is not good.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:29 PM   #3
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

WOW!!!!

"Odom had 23 points and 21 rebounds, five assists and five blocks Monday. He told Jackson he wanted to stay in the game and he ended up playing all 53 minutes."

He's da MAN!!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

avg 16.8 boards in a 5 game stetch is crazy.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: