Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 03-26-2008, 10:24 AM   #1
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Default FF7: Crisis Core

I just picked this up yesterday. This action rpg for the psp is really good. Reminds me of Rogue Galaxy for ps2. Some people say it's similar to Kingdom hearts.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:46 PM   #2
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: FF7: Crisis Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
I just picked this up yesterday. This action rpg for the psp is really good. Reminds me of Rogue Galaxy for ps2. Some people say it's similar to Kingdom hearts.

What's the battle mode like? I can't help but get irritated every time Square tries to cash in on FF7 again. They never seem to be able to recapture the spirit of FF7.

I haven't enjoyed a FF game since the PSOne. Reason is because when the FF games came out for PS2, the graphics were so awesome, but then you had to go into that irritating menu-based battle mode bs. I can't stand that crap anymore. When it was the little polygon graphics from ff7 it was ok, but not now that they've upgraded so much.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:20 PM   #3
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
What's the battle mode like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEjc7gUSDIE
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:35 AM   #4
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
What's the battle mode like? I can't help but get irritated every time Square tries to cash in on FF7 again. They never seem to be able to recapture the spirit of FF7.

I haven't enjoyed a FF game since the PSOne. Reason is because when the FF games came out for PS2, the graphics were so awesome, but then you had to go into that irritating menu-based battle mode bs. I can't stand that crap anymore. When it was the little polygon graphics from ff7 it was ok, but not now that they've upgraded so much.

Mathius
Yea, I hated that too, which is why I started liking games like Kingdom Hearts better then FF. It ruins the flow of a game with the constant stopping and starting with battles. I played FF8 all the way through, but gave up with 9 and halfway through 10, and didn't bother with the others after that. What are they up to now, 13 or something?

I want to get this though. I liked the Dirge Of Cerberus game on PS2 (Although it was short and repetative). I have no idea if/when Crisis Core is coming out in Australia. I actually haven't bought a PSP game since Vice City Stories came out.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:03 AM   #5
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

Playing Crisis Core as well. It's okay so far but Zack is a bit corny. Can't wait till Cloud shows up

PS: For you guys who don't like totally turn-based battles, FF12 had a pretty nice system. Check it out..

My favorites are still FF7, FF8 and FF10 though
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:29 PM   #6
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Yea, I hated that too, which is why I started liking games like Kingdom Hearts better then FF. It ruins the flow of a game with the constant stopping and starting with battles. I played FF8 all the way through, but gave up with 9 and halfway through 10, and didn't bother with the others after that. What are they up to now, 13 or something?

I want to get this though. I liked the Dirge Of Cerberus game on PS2 (Although it was short and repetative). I have no idea if/when Crisis Core is coming out in Australia. I actually haven't bought a PSP game since Vice City Stories came out.

Dirge of Cerberus got a lot of very harsh reviews, but when I rented it, I enjoyed it. Made it passed the first boss at least. Lots of cut scenes. References to characters I barely remembered from FF7.

I never cared for the way they modeled Sephiroth's face to look like some sort of monster in Advent Children, but apparently they used it again in Crisis Core. Looney or not, Sephiroth was always a handsome guy in FF7.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:07 PM   #7
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

So this decently replicates the feel of FF7?

Honestly I still rate FF7 as my favorite game of all time. A buddy got me hooked over a high school Christmas vacation, and I ended up spending four straight days at his house playing the game almost nonstop. I'll still pick it up and play it from time to time, and it's just as enjoyable.

I'm always looking for another game that'll replicate its feel, and I've heard good things about Kingdom Hearts. A lot of my games on my PS3 are almost too much at times, I guess I still enjoy the simple interface of FF7. Is Crisis Core something you think I'd like as well? I could use a good rpg for my psp anyway.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: