Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 04-04-2008, 07:55 PM   #1
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Good computer game?

i'm gettin tired of messin around online & watchin tv during my free time. the only videogame console i have is a ps2 & i dont play it much anymore, but i was wonderin if anyone knows of any great PC games?

what would you recommend me?

Last edited by MK2V1GP : 04-04-2008 at 08:38 PM.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:17 PM   #2
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Good computer game?

Well, it depends. What is your favourite genre?
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:12 PM   #3
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
i'm gettin tired of messin around online & watchin tv during my free time. the only videogame console i have is a ps2 & i dont play it much anymore, but i was wonderin if anyone knows of any great PC games?

what would you recommend me?

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, if you're into sword-fighting/magic games. It has a great story and immense detail. Everyone in the game leads an actual life, making it seem very realistic. The Sims games are also incredibly addicting.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:37 AM   #4
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Computer games are pretty limited unless you're a hardcore computer guy or gamer.

The reason I say this is because the newest, greatest games are always pushing the limits of your computer. If you're not upgrading at LEAST once a year, you're behind, and that takes $$$.

Also, playing online is hardcore. There are guys on there that do nothing but play all day long, and they'll kill you, and if you don't get better FAST, it probably won't be fun.

I remember I used to play WC3 before World of Warcraft came out. I loved to build levels, and I would play with my one buddy. But the moment I jointed their online server, I was getting my butt kicked in like 19 seconds. These guys played all the time. They had all the macro keys down, and barely stopped their fingers moving. I just liked to play for fun and used my mouse. It was good enough for my friend and I.

It's like that South Park episode.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 05:10 PM   #5
Maniak
Feminist Homewrecker

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Warcraft 3

Starcraft

The Sims(havent played, heard its good)

Guild Wars

I personally play WoW, although, it costs money a month, and it can get boring for alot of people.

My 2 cents
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #6
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Guild Wars

I was thinking of getting this when I went out to get Shivering Isles for Oblivion. Is it good? And is the online free? I thought I remembered it being free...
Old 04-05-2008, 07:13 PM   #7
Maniak
Feminist Homewrecker

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMosɘs
I was thinking of getting this when I went out to get Shivering Isles for Oblivion. Is it good? And is the online free? I thought I remembered it being free...

its free, just buy it at the stores, no monthly pay or anything, it is a decent game. I have played it briefly...and alotof people i know like it

Ill tell you one thing----Hell of alot better than Runescape
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:43 PM   #8
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
its free, just buy it at the stores, no monthly pay or anything, it is a decent game. I have played it briefly...and alotof people i know like it

Ill tell you one thing----Hell of alot better than Runescape

Runescape = Trash
Old 04-06-2008, 01:07 AM   #9
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I play Lineage 2. Basically a free version of WoW. You'll like it if your into those kind of games.

For sports. Freestyle street basketball is pretty addictive. Gets boring though. Im taking a break from that.

Then for shooting I play Day of Defeat. Well I used to play before my steam account was hacked. The only shooting game I play right now is COD but thats for 360

Lmao @ Runescape, people still play that?
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:54 PM   #10
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
I play Lineage 2. Basically a free version of WoW. You'll like it if your into those kind of games.

For sports. Freestyle street basketball is pretty addictive. Gets boring though. Im taking a break from that.

Then for shooting I play Day of Defeat. Well I used to play before my steam account was hacked. The only shooting game I play right now is COD but thats for 360

Lmao @ Runescape, people still play that?

Young people, or complete idiots. That game is the worst. The one time my friend forced me to play, some guy tried to rape me!
Old 04-08-2008, 04:49 PM   #11
CAAIDN
High School Starter

CAAIDN is considered somewhat coolCAAIDN is considered somewhat cool

COD4 is so good on pc especially Multiplayer
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:23 PM   #12
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

well, warcraft is a decent PC game

bioshock i believe won GOTY

honestly, there are some really good games under $30 nowadays, most of the $50 titles are war games and sports titles
sixerfan82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #13
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

If you want an RTS with massive scale try Medieval2 Total War, if your computer cant run that get Rome Total War. Also, Sins of a Solar Empire is fun if you have a ton of patience and some friends to play with. Warhammer 40k is fun but you have to buy like 9 expansions to play with real people, Warcraft 3 is pretty fun with all the weird little custom games it has, StarCraft is probably the most well balanced RTS ever made so you might want to try that.

If you want an arcadey RTS I hear COD4 is fun, as is Team Fortress 2, if you want realistic I like Red Orchestra(which I think is like 15 bucks off of steam now and has a free expansion coming out)

Bioshock is supposed to be REALLY REALLY good but my computer isnt good enough to run it

World of Warcraft is kinda fun but is pretty much a virtual chatroom. That Freestyle Street Basketball game is pretty fun too if a bit retarded.

Half-Life 2 is a TON of fun if you play it co-op with a few friends with the mod called "Synergy" some of my best ever gaming experiences were from playing that cooperatively, throwing beercans at the police and having them chase your friend around with a billyclub is SUPER funny.

I don't recommend counter-strike or counter-strike source, those games are full of the dumbest people in the gaming world. Oh, and Madden sucks for PC, dont buy it!

Last edited by Geandily : 04-08-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:44 PM   #14
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

Jazz Jackrabbit 2. No lie. Incredibly trippy, fun as hell gameplay, and a semi long story. I still play it to this day 10 years after I got it. You can find it free online with a little google action.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:31 PM   #15
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

don't listen to anyone else, pick up "Grim Fandango" immediately. one of the greatest games ever made. An absolute adventure, the writing is brilliant, the fun-level is extremely high and it's not super complicated or overly easy. If you like it, check out the "Monkey Island" series.

I also recommend Civilization but it takes some learning, it's hard core, long-hour, turn-based, strategy, but its' way better than any of the other strat or sim games i've tried. smarter and deeper, not just combat or sim-building, full on god-complex escapism.

Image from Grim Fandango. You play Manny, a travel agent for the department of death.

(SERIOUSLY man, you can probably get this game for 15 bucks on ebay, you will thank me)
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: