Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 08-12-2006, 12:46 AM   #1
$hotyme
Can barely lace up my sneakers

$hotyme has an OK reputation so far
Default 2005 playoff team vs current roster

Are we as good right now as we were when we played Dallas 2 years ago....? Whats your opinion....our 12 man rosters..

Current Roster
Alston/Spanoulis/Lucas3
Battier/Sura/Head
McGrady/Snyder
Howard/Hayes
Yao/Mutombo

VS

2005 Playoff Team
Sura/James/Moochie
Wesley/Barry
McGradyPadgett
Bowen/Weatherspoon/V. Baker
Yao/Mutombo

Point Guard's
Alston-Sura-Lucas3 vs Sura-James-Moochie
Im gonna give the pg matchup to the 2005 playoff team for obvious reasons. moochie is a 10 year nba vet, jl3 is a 10 day contract vet. Alston vs mike james is a toss up, mike will score more, but alston is a better fit, and sura vs v-span, ill take the american hustler.
Winner: 2005 Playoff PG's

Shooting Guard's
Battier-Sura-Head vs Wesley and Barry
I think Sura and Head can come off the bench and hopefully bring close to what Barry brought that year. But for obvious reasons, the current SG's are gonna get the edge, because Battier is on a different level than midget boy david wesley. Wes is one of the reasons we lost in the playoffs 2 years ago, by getting raped, stabbed, shot, molested, made fun of and torched excessively by Jerry Stackhouse. Stack wont do that to Mr. Shane Battier. I am loving Battier at the World Champioships. i dont know who has been watching those game, but battier is very impressive.
Winner: Current Sg's

Small Forward's
McGrady-Snyder vs McGrady-Padgett
I think you have to say the T-Mac of 2 years ago is better than the one now. But if healthy, he can get back to that level. but if he isnt that good, Snyder is so much more better than Padgett it makes up for it.
Winner: Current SF's

Power Forward's
Howard-Hayes vs Bowen-Weatherspoon-V. Baker
I thought the other day there was never a more pathetic power forward combo than the one we have now. then i remembered 2 years ago when bowen was starting. power forward is our weak spot right now, but believe it or not, its better than it was 2 years ago. as of right now, we have the worst pf combo in the league, we rank 30th, but its better than we had.
Winner: Current PF's

Center's
Yao-Mutombo vs Yao-Mutombo
I hope to God that Mutombo is more energized this season like he was 2 years ago. u cant blame the old guy last year for now showing up, if u were 48 years old, would u get pumped about playing with hayes, howard, bogans, wesley, bowen, lampe, frahm, brunson, etc etc. i know i wouldnt. Yao is ALOT better now than he was 2 years ago, id even say yao could be the best big man in the league next year. even if mutombo suxx, the center position has improved just with yaos improvement, but an energized mutombo would be a bonus.
Winner: Current C's

wow we took dallas to 7 games with that roster, and i think the one now may be a little better. The keys here are the health of T-Mac and Sura, and we have to hope Snyder and V-Span are in the rotation. its also possible those 2 may be better than we think they are, that would be a huge surprise. we are a top 6 team right now easily, id say the top 7 teams each year are all contenders, because u never know what can happen. so i say we are just in the contenders group, but we are in that back of that group.

Heat-Mavs-Spurs-Bulls-Suns-Clippers-Rockets-Pistons

thats the order

are we better now or then?
$hotyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:50 AM   #2
junwin
I hit open 5-footers

junwin has decent reputation

definately better now

battier should bring some intangible qualities to the table.. and i think players like Alston and Head are gonna make the difference
junwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:12 PM   #3
Marky418
Decent playground baller

Marky418 has no real reputation yet.

T-Mac is Back to 100%
Think im not telling the truth read it for yourself

http://aol.nba.com/rockets/news/McGr...86735-822.html

Now with Battier and Alston he Rockets are ganna rape the Mavs next year
Healthy T-Mac = Could be Champs
Marky418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:14 PM   #4
Marky418
Decent playground baller

Marky418 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $hotyme
Are we as good right now as we were when we played Dallas 2 years ago....? Whats your opinion....our 12 man rosters..

Current Roster
Alston/Spanoulis/Lucas3
Battier/Sura/Head
McGrady/Snyder
Howard/Hayes
Yao/Mutombo

VS

2005 Playoff Team
Sura/James/Moochie
Wesley/Barry
McGradyPadgett
Bowen/Weatherspoon/V. Baker
Yao/Mutombo

Point Guard's
Alston-Sura-Lucas3 vs Sura-James-Moochie
Im gonna give the pg matchup to the 2005 playoff team for obvious reasons. moochie is a 10 year nba vet, jl3 is a 10 day contract vet. Alston vs mike james is a toss up, mike will score more, but alston is a better fit, and sura vs v-span, ill take the american hustler.
Winner: 2005 Playoff PG's

Shooting Guard's
Battier-Sura-Head vs Wesley and Barry
I think Sura and Head can come off the bench and hopefully bring close to what Barry brought that year. But for obvious reasons, the current SG's are gonna get the edge, because Battier is on a different level than midget boy david wesley. Wes is one of the reasons we lost in the playoffs 2 years ago, by getting raped, stabbed, shot, molested, made fun of and torched excessively by Jerry Stackhouse. Stack wont do that to Mr. Shane Battier. I am loving Battier at the World Champioships. i dont know who has been watching those game, but battier is very impressive.
Winner: Current Sg's

Small Forward's
McGrady-Snyder vs McGrady-Padgett
I think you have to say the T-Mac of 2 years ago is better than the one now. But if healthy, he can get back to that level. but if he isnt that good, Snyder is so much more better than Padgett it makes up for it.
Winner: Current SF's

Power Forward's
Howard-Hayes vs Bowen-Weatherspoon-V. Baker
I thought the other day there was never a more pathetic power forward combo than the one we have now. then i remembered 2 years ago when bowen was starting. power forward is our weak spot right now, but believe it or not, its better than it was 2 years ago. as of right now, we have the worst pf combo in the league, we rank 30th, but its better than we had.
Winner: Current PF's

Center's
Yao-Mutombo vs Yao-Mutombo
I hope to God that Mutombo is more energized this season like he was 2 years ago. u cant blame the old guy last year for now showing up, if u were 48 years old, would u get pumped about playing with hayes, howard, bogans, wesley, bowen, lampe, frahm, brunson, etc etc. i know i wouldnt. Yao is ALOT better now than he was 2 years ago, id even say yao could be the best big man in the league next year. even if mutombo suxx, the center position has improved just with yaos improvement, but an energized mutombo would be a bonus.
Winner: Current C's

wow we took dallas to 7 games with that roster, and i think the one now may be a little better. The keys here are the health of T-Mac and Sura, and we have to hope Snyder and V-Span are in the rotation. its also possible those 2 may be better than we think they are, that would be a huge surprise. we are a top 6 team right now easily, id say the top 7 teams each year are all contenders, because u never know what can happen. so i say we are just in the contenders group, but we are in that back of that group.

Heat-Mavs-Spurs-Bulls-Suns-Clippers-Rockets-Pistons

thats the order

are we better now or then?
Great Thread
Marky418 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: