Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 03-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #1
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Default Delonte West

I really like him. Hardly ever watch a Cavs game though.

1. What do you like about him?

2. What don't you like about him?

3. What's his future with the team? The rest of this year and moving into the next couple of years?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Delonte West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
I really like him. Hardly ever watch a Cavs game though.

1. What do you like about him? He knows his role on the team, he brings the ball up, for the most part makes good decisions with the ball, doesn't shoot too much, and is one of our bigger guards who can play D

2. What don't you like about him? his shooting could be improved, sometime his bricks look like they could break the backboard.

3. What's his future with the team? The rest of this year and moving into the next couple of years? i like him as a player, and think he's a decent starting guard.

Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:42 AM   #3
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ_x_RKUY3s&NR=1
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:00 PM   #4
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93

Lebron has done that to a lot of people. He would probably do that to me as well. Delonte West is a great all around player and I like watching him play.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:55 PM   #5
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93

Delonte swatted the hell out of Andre Miller last night.

I think he's a talented "bubble" player who could have a break out year at any point.

Clearly his weakness is his jumper, and I think he needs to be more aggressive in running the offense. I'm not talking about pushing the ball, he already does that. I think if he truly wants to break out in this league, he needs to take on a leadership role on the court, and direct the offense more.

It's too early to tell where this team is going to go. At the beginning of next year, after they've had the entire off season to work together, we will have to see how they start out. And then we will find out who will come and go come February next year.

But Delonte is clearly happy being here, he was a college roommate of Dwayne Jones, and there are people on the staff he knew from college and/or high school, so as long as he isn't looking for some kind of crazy contract, I am happy having him here.

Danny Ferry has proven to be a solid GM, not great. He still offers stupid contracts to people who just don't deserve them (see Varejo, Sasha, and Mike Brown).

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:04 PM   #6
dr aj
I airball my layups

He pushes the ball up the court well and thats what we need. Always good to get fast break points.
He sets LeBron many alley oops and its very good to watch.

He has a shot and is able to set up players. His assists in todays game and against the 76ers are impressive and what we really like to see.

I would like to see West penetrate more in the key, then dish out to a 3 pointer or lay it up himself. Because he is capable of finishing at the rim.
dr aj is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: