Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-09-2006, 11:18 AM   #1
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here
Default robo babcock on the 2004 draft (that one)

readign in the totonto sun that babcock said that he had andre igudouala and jameer nelson as the 2 players ahead of araujo on his draft list, however he drafted by position which he doesnt usually do, and he ****ed himself

oh well

link
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:45 AM   #2
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

J Miles 23 has an OK reputation so far

and thats y hes fired
J Miles 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:06 PM   #3
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

The Raptors would be such a different team if he went with his gut decision rather than try to be the hero.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:11 PM   #4
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

thats what i said after the draft...if we drafted Iggy..then im guessin Mo Pete would be on NO right now....vince might have been happy and stayed

Bosh, Iggy, Vince, Jalen, Rafer/Mike James
Old 06-09-2006, 01:01 PM   #5
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

It's been widely known for years that that was Jack McCloskey's pick and not Rob Babcock.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:07 PM   #6
Danny
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Danny has an OK reputation so far

Babcock did some good things and some bad things during his time.. Even if he wud have picked sumone else instead of HOffa.. VC trade was just horrible.. We could have got Paul pierce instead of the william garbage and some picks..
Although he did amazing in last years draft by picking up Villy graham and Ukic.. buh the VC trade just ruined his chances..
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:13 PM   #7
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

i just realsied the title of my thread was "robo babcock" y accident, which made me think, shoudl we just call rob babcock "robo ****" from now on?
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:16 PM   #8
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
i just realsied the title of my thread was "robo babcock" y accident, which made me think, shoudl we just call rob babcock "robo ****" from now on?

Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:23 PM   #9
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

in all honesty..babcock did a decnt job in the second year...besides siging bonner again...he got mike james for rafer...drafted charlie v, and joey graham..all decent moves

course he would never live down his first year....vince trade was terrible..2 useless players and a 1 dude that didn't even cross the border..and 2 picks
araujo was a terrible ass pick....and in all honesty..i didn't mind the rafer signing..he is still a good pg..just has attitude and mental problems

but no matter what he did..the vince trade will stick with him as possible the worst trade in history
Old 06-09-2006, 02:52 PM   #10
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

Lots of Raptor fans here that I don't see in the NBA forum. Guess that's why we have team forums.

Well, Babcocks seems like a nice guy. Hopefully he gets his chance somewhere far away from Toronto.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:24 PM   #11
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Yeah, babcock seems like a good guy. If it wasn't for the Vince trade, one could almost say he was good-to-pretty-good GM. His only other bad move was signing rafer, which he turned into a great trade when acquiring mike james.

And I think that no matter who was picked that year, vince carter would still leave. If we had jameer nelson, that would have been the best.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:08 PM   #12
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm
Lots of Raptor fans here that I don't see in the NBA forum. Guess that's why we have team forums.

Well, Babcocks seems like a nice guy. Hopefully he gets his chance somewhere far away from Toronto.

minnisota isn't that far
Old 06-09-2006, 04:29 PM   #13
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Thumbs up I know where Rob Babcock can coach...

I had an idea to where Babcock can go next season. I know this place, where people play basketball....hey, I think he would be better off coaching my old high school basketball team. They sucked, and, well they couldn't get any worse!
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: