Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 03-22-2008, 01:04 PM   #1
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far
Default Tayshaun and Amir Johnson

When I see these two on the court together, they're about the same size and body shape. What makes Amir a PF and Tayshaun a SF? Is it just the outside shot? Why else wouldn't Detroit use Amir as a SF?
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:38 AM   #2
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tayshaun and Amir Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick27
When I see these two on the court together, they're about the same size and body shape. What makes Amir a PF and Tayshaun a SF? Is it just the outside shot? Why else wouldn't Detroit use Amir as a SF?

Amir is more of a inside banger while Tayshuan gives you a little bit of everything.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:37 AM   #3
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 Dimes A Game
Amir is more of a inside banger while Tayshuan gives you a little bit of everything.

I agree, Amir has to be an inside banger because he doesn't have an outside game. However, why is it such a strange concept for our SF to be a banger? If he's quick and has a long reach, couldn't he play defense similar to Tayshaun?

On the offensive end, he can post up smaller SFs and use that to his advantage. The rebounding advantage he'd give to the team should more than make up for the trend of outside shooting the Pistons seem to be in.

Billups/Stuckey
Hamilton/Afflalo
Johnson
McDyess/Maxiell
Wallace/Ratliff

In any combination of the above lineups, there is enough ability to defend any other lineup in the NBA that I can think of (Lebron is always the exception). Anyone else able to think of a lineup where Johnson can be exploited on the defensive end?
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:12 PM   #4
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62dL24Z-JZU
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:44 AM   #5
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom

That's awesome, i missed that one.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:19 AM   #6
HWN Tommie Style
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HWN Tommie Style has an OK reputation so far

I actually like the idea of Amir coming off the bench for Tay. If Jarvis doesn't make his first 3 shots, yank him immediately and put in Amir. And, with current roster withstanding, that make a FORMIDABLE team. it really switches things up for the 3.
HWN Tommie Style is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: