Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-09-2006, 01:07 PM   #16
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Ha, maybe if they added some veterans like Wally and Scal they wouldn't have such a high pick every year.

Draft picks are always valuable, even second rounders. 2 firsts is nothing to sneeze at.

riiight, first of all, wally and scalabrine don't guarantee any more wins, infact, take g.wallace and brevin off that squad, replace them with wally and scalabrine, and they would most likely have the best chance at oden next year. sure draft picks have value, but if anyone should know how worthless these mediocre draft picks can be, its a boston fan. how many years has ainge been adding these youngsters with these mediocre picks? and WHAT does he have to show for it? not ONE player that anyone can definetely say will be a star in this league... and that's pathetic. maybe charlotte doesn't want to build like boston is. maybe they want to try a tactic different than having average players with long contracts teamed up with crappy prospects.

your entire trade was basically "i want two of your players who have serious value and manageable contracts, but i'm only willing to offer players that have no use on a team as crappy as the celtics, and a couple first rounders, one of them will probably be a late lotto pick."

:rollingeyes:
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:45 PM   #17
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Ha, maybe if they added some veterans like Wally and Scal they wouldn't have such a high pick every year.

Johnny at it again.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:53 PM   #18
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

Any team that doesn't need a lot of scoring from the PG spot would love to have Brevin Knight. One of the better defenders from the 1 spot, and steals a ton of balls. He's also one of the best passers in the league and can really create. I would like him on the Sonics.
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:57 PM   #19
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Quote:
Hey, the Bobcats are rebuilding, and they do want to move Knight. The draft picks should be attractive to them.

Sorry if this is nit-picking, but how can you rebuild something that was never there to begin with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMoses
I would like him on the Sonics.

You already have Ridnour and Waston...?

Last edited by Spike Spiegel : 06-09-2006 at 01:59 PM.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:18 PM   #20
Sound and Fury
Verbosity Incarnate

Sound and Fury is considered somewhat coolSound and Fury is considered somewhat coolSound and Fury is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Draft picks are always valuable, even second rounders. 2 firsts is nothing to sneeze at.
If draft picks are so valuable, why are you in such a hurry to get rid of them? :confused:

Anyway, what I imagine the Bobcats are looking for in return would be (a) a young SG or (b) a solid, preferably young-ish, backup PF/C. They would probably prefer a player to a pick if they're moving Brevin this season, as they are fast approaching the talent level of "good enough not to be in the mix for a #1 overall pick, but not good enough to be a title threat."

As a Laker fan, I sure wouldn't mind seeing Brevin Knight in a Lakers uniform (his contract is about right and as has been mentioned, he's a solid, pass-first point guard; would be excellent next to Kobe because Brevin doesn't mind giving Kobe as many shots as Kobe wants).

However, I think the Lakers have only three pieces that would even come close to being attractive to the Bobcats - Bynum (who they won't move), Chris Mihm, and Kwame Brown. I don't think any of those pieces is attractive enough to the Bobcats, and even if they were, the Lakers probably can't afford to lose any more size right now.

So the Lakers are out of the running. Other teams that I have to think might be interested... in increasing order of likelihood (IMO):

Raptors - would want him, but have nothing Charlotte wants but Bosh and Villanueva, who aren't moving.

The Rockets are another team that could really use Brevin Knight, but unless Charlotte wants Stromile Swift (and I can't imagine why they would), forget it.

The Jazz might not mind having Brevin Knight around to mentor Deron Williams, but unless Charlotte is interested in Gordan Giricek - and they shouldn't be - I can't think of any pieces the Jazz would give up... they already made a move with Toronto and that got rid of Humphries, who might have been a guy that could have interested Charlotte.

Portland might be interested in Knight as a solid backup and mentor for Telfair, and especially as a character guy. If Darius Miles wasn't such a complete bonehead, Charlotte might be interested. But he is, so they're not.

The Wolves could use Knight... and have a piece they might be able to move in Ricky Davis (assuming Charlotte will take his knuckleheadedness). The Wolves can then slide McCants into the starting lineup. If they feel McCants is ready, the Wolves might just be crazy enough to do this, but I'm just not convinced it does much for the Wolves.

The Grizzlies would probably love to have Brevin, considering they were starting Chucky Atkins for part of the year. Only problem is, I'm not sure that they have the right pieces to give up... Mike Miller and Hakim Warrick are probably the only players that fit the needs of the Bobcats. It could happen, I guess, but I don't know that it markedly improves the Grizzlies.

The 76ers could use Knight (use AI at shooting guard) but Charlotte isn't going to take Dalembert - he makes too much money. If the Sixers are willing to move Steven Hunter, maybe something can get done.

The Hornets don't particularly need Knight - they have Chris Paul - but if they want to get a solid backup PG and get rid of Byron Scott unfavorite JR Smith, I kind of suspect the Bobcats would take him as a young SG.

You know the Knicks are going to call anyone who offers any player for trade. Unless the Knicks are dumb enough to send Channing Frye or David Lee to the Bobcats, nothing will happen. Given that Isiah runs the Knicks, expect to see both Frye, Lee, and two first-round picks headed to Charlotte this summer.

The Cavaliers could really use Knight, but it's hard to see what they could offer Charlotte. Hughes makes too much money. Damon Jones is too one-dimensional. Eric Snow is too old. Donyell Marshall is too old. Maybe Anderson Varajeo and maybe throw in Luke Jackson to give the Bobcats a couple of young talents? I don't think the Cavs want to lose Varajeo, but you have to give something to get something, and I think Knight fits a weakness (starting PG) perfectly for the Cavs, while Varajeo gives the Bobcats a talented young frontcourt guy - just the thing they are looking for. With some salary cap filler, this might be possible.

Dallas is always looking to collect quality players, and they actually have a piece that might interest Charlotte... Marquise Daniels. Daniels is a young, athletic guy who probably can fit into the hole at the two-guard spot in Charlotte, and who has a relatively modest contract - but Dallas won't miss him all that much. Knight gets to go to a better situation team-wise, while Daniels gets to go to a team that can give him the minutes he needs. This one is actually within the realm of possibility, IMO.

The Hawks could use Knight, too (poor guy if he gets traded here) and have plenty of young bodies to offer... or possibly Al Harrington? The Hawks want to move Harrington, he wants out, and he would give the Bobcats a backup scorer at the PF spot. If not Harrington, perhaps a combo of Childress and Stoudemire to open up a spot for Marvin Williams? Plenty of possibilities here - if both teams are interested, a deal should get done.
Sound and Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:37 PM   #21
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Quote:

Neither is Gerald Wallace.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:39 PM   #22
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Johnny's gone 'round the bend...
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:56 PM   #23
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Grizzlies could use him for sure
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:11 PM   #24
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Trade scenario:

New York gets

Brevin Knight

Charlotte gets

Nate Robinson

New York gets the floor general it needs badly, while Charlotte gets a young prospect who can be a combo guard off the bench.

Good trade for both teams.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:14 PM   #25
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Stromile Swift for Brevin Knight.

I can dream.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:28 PM   #26
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I say trade Tony "No IQ" Allen, Al Jefferson, Dan Dickau and a future 1st for Brevin Knight and Primo Brezec.

That works for me. I'm sure the Bobbies would do it too.

CT: Perkins/ Brezec/ Jones
PF: Raef/ Gomes
SF: Pierce/ Scrubaline
SG: Szczerbiak/ Green
PG: Knight/ West/ Greene
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:44 PM   #27
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

SecondFiddle has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Grizzlies could use him for sure

Yeah, the Grzzlies really could use him, atkins has had a great career, maybe he should go into coaching now
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:23 PM   #28
toneloc103
I hit open 5-footers

toneloc103 has an OK reputation so far

Cavs could use him for sure, but there is NO way they give up Varajeo to get him. I like Knight's game for the Cavs as they do need a pure passing PG, but as they AV's talent is too much to give up for BK. Cavs will be hard pressed to get the PG they need this offseason cuz they have no cap space.
toneloc103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:27 PM   #29
IGGYIVERSON
High school junior varsity star

IGGYIVERSON has an OK reputation so far

Brevin Knight for Steven Hunter and Kevin Ollie
IGGYIVERSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:27 PM   #30
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound and Fury
If draft picks are so valuable, why are you in such a hurry to get rid of them? :confused:

Dallas is always looking to collect quality players, and they actually have a piece that might interest Charlotte... Marquise Daniels. Daniels is a young, athletic guy who probably can fit into the hole at the two-guard spot in Charlotte, and who has a relatively modest contract - but Dallas won't miss him all that much. Knight gets to go to a better situation team-wise, while Daniels gets to go to a team that can give him the minutes he needs. This one is actually within the realm of possibility, IMO.

I like that trade.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: