Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-29-2008, 07:08 PM   #1
Droth24
Gonna kick cancers ass

Droth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Seeding

Do you think the seeding is really going to matter in the western confrence playoffs this year? because i dont think it will because everyone is so close in talent that i dont think who plays where will matter. thoughts?
Droth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Seeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droth24
Do you think the seeding is really going to matter in the western confrence playoffs this year? because i dont think it will because everyone is so close in talent that i dont think who plays where will matter. thoughts?

Are you serious? Of course it matters. Take the Spurs and the Jazz just as two examples. Spurs are 30-6 at home and 20-17 on the road. Jazz are 32-4 at home but 16-21 on the road. Yea, I think being a higher seed and getting homecourt matters just a little.
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:34 PM   #3
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

NOPE, real champs can win on the road.. the only thing the seeding will affect is Kobes MVPS chances..

if lakers are 6th while hornets are 1st u no wat that meens..
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:50 PM   #4
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe=MVP07`
NOPE, real champs can win on the road.. the only thing the seeding will affect is Kobes MVPS chances..

How many NBA champions have been ranked 5th or lower? ONE, The Rockets in 94-95 I believe. You cannot play 3 series on the road and expect to win a championship or even get to the Finals. If it were doable, alot more than one team in NBA history would have done it.
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:54 PM   #5
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
How many NBA champions have been ranked 5th or lower? ONE, The Rockets in 94-95 I believe. You cannot play 3 series on the road and expect to win a championship or even get to the Finals. If it were doable, alot more than one team in NBA history would have done it.

This year is the exception my friend.. Did u hear Pops quote? let me paraphrase it for you, pretty much, this year is unlike all other years, there will be no upsets b/c teams 1-8 are the same ..its never been like this
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:02 PM   #6
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
This year is the exception my friend.. Did u hear Pops quote? let me paraphrase it for you, pretty much, this year is unlike all other years, there will be no upsets b/c teams 1-8 are the same ..its never been like this

I still think we need at least some sort of home court, especially against the likes of the Spurs.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:52 AM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I share that same opinion,

our team is 1 of 8 teams with roughly the same record in the west, secondly, we're the best road team in the west IMO.

Seeding shouldnt matter unless its against SA.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:17 AM   #8
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think seeding can have an impact, and obviously there is a correlation between the top seedings and the particular team's capabilities.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:29 PM   #9
Illosophee
I airball my layups

Illosophee has an OK reputation so far

Well, the Western Conference is pretty tight. In the Western Conference right now, literally every game matters and every loss counts. What I mean by that is that if the Lakers lose another game, they'll have to try just as hard as ever before just to catch that number one seed away from the N.O Hornets or San Antonio Spurs, etc. You know? The Western Conference is extremely tightly gripped and it is an absolutely rare thing to see a number 8 seed team be just as good talent-wise as a number 1 seed in the NBA.
Illosophee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:55 PM   #10
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool

I think having "Home-court" is going to be an advantage. As close as the Conference is, there are some teams that don't do very well away from home.
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:22 PM   #11
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Sure most would say seeding is very important but, our lakers must understand they must bring there game day in a night and we don't.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:35 PM   #12
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think their play should not be dominated by thinking of the standing. While they are important, I dont think its the pressing matter.

The problem that the lakers are having right now, is that their flow is off. They are not beating teams they are suppose to beat, and are not playing to the possibilities of their offence and defence.

I dont imagine that the lakers will enter the playoffs in a good flow, if they continue to play with the lack or passion that they have been executing.

They need to finish these last games strong, yes for seeding purposes, but most importantly for proper playoff motivation.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #13
GMW
Local High School Star

GMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation here

With the West so close this season, homecourt could well be a decisive factor in the playoffs, so grabbing a top seed is crucial. Gasol's return should give us a big boost.

With that said, I'd much rather have them bring back Gasol and Bynum with no risks and lose a few seeds because of it, than to have them rushed back and risk losing them again come playoffs.
GMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:49 PM   #14
Pinocchio
Banned

Pinocchio has an OK reputation so far

I think we just need to get healthy. Because we have the best team. And no one can stop us when we are healthy. So lets just not worry about seedings. Because we just need to be healthy. And everything will work out good for us trust me. I never lose hope because we have Kobe. And he will get us to the ship this year. So lets not worry about ranks. All we need is to be healthy.
Pinocchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:36 PM   #15
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinocchio
I think we just need to get healthy. Because we have the best team. And no one can stop us when we are healthy. So lets just not worry about seedings. Because we just need to be healthy. And everything will work out good for us trust me. I never lose hope because we have Kobe. And he will get us to the ship this year. So lets not worry about ranks. All we need is to be healthy.

No offence but ranks do matter at least a bit... i mean you cant grab the ship if you aint in the top 8...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: