Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 03-29-2008, 07:26 PM   #1
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation
Default Who do you hope to end up with in the draft?

Minnesota will likely be picking in the top 5, so what prospect do you like best (in that range)?
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:38 PM   #2
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Who do you hope to end up with in the draft?

Whoever is the best player flat out in the draft, which is probably Beasley is who they should pick if they get the chance. Not only do they need a player at PF, but they need somone who they could possibly trade in their 3rd year if the player does not mesh well with the team.

It all depends whether or not the player we draft would rather play in a better place than Minnesota with more media attention and what not. I want a player that is good that wants to stay with the T-wolves from the draft, but I could never take it for granted that they do.

Most people think we should get Rose because of the PG situation and think Foye can't play the spot. It's really a toss up. Maybe Rose could be better than Beasley? It's too hard to say with the basketball talent becoming more and more athletically advanced.

Who thought Craig Smith would be the player he is today? Who thought Corey Brewer would be such a bust this year? (not saying he can't become a better player) We have good draft picks, we have a good chance of picking up more than one player that turns out to be a better thing.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:29 PM   #3
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil baller
what do u think about trading our first round draft to the heat for alzono morning, jason williams, adn udonis halsem. we would be giving up stuff but i think we will gain some with the addition of those three players

That is so rediculousley stupid on so many levels.....
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:53 AM   #4
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well the Wolves are as attracted to guards as the Detroit Lions are attracted to recievers in the draft. I think they will draft Rose, and if he is not their they will draft Bayless.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:47 PM   #5
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Rose or (Brook) Lopez would probably be ideal for the T'Wolves.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:24 AM   #6
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Unless they can get Beasley or Rose at the 1 or 2, they should really consider trading down to get some veteran leadership on that team. As for Bayless, they already have a undersized combo-guard not working out for them, plus Telfair has shown promise and a positive attitude towards development.

They're at a point where they've drafted and acquired young talent at every position (except possibly at center because a Gomes/Smith/Jefferson frontcourt is too small) and are in the process of building cap space for a serious free agent move.

I'd also try to package Jaric and/or Madesen with someone like McCants or Gomes to build towards being able to offer a max-level deal in the summer of 2009 or 2010
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:26 PM   #7
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

FOYE4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Rose:

Rose/Jaric
Foye/Shad/Walker
Brewer/Gomes/Snyder
Al/Cookie
POB(FA)/Dorsey/Richard

Mayo:

Foye/Bassy/Jaric
Mayo/Shad/Walker
Brewer/Gomes/Snyder
Al/Cookie/Richard
Diop(FA)/Hardin

Beasley:

Foye/Bassy/Jaric
Shad/Walker/Jaric
Brewer/Snyder/Walker
Beasley/Gomes/Richard
Al/POB(FA)/Hardin

Lopez:

Foye/Bassy/Jaric
Shad/Lee
Brewer/Gomes/Snyder
Al/Cookie
Lopez/Richard

i like the Rose and Mayo situation more. make it happen mchale
FOYE4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:46 AM   #8
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

1.Roy Hibbert
2. Kevin Love
3. Brook Lopez
4. OJ Mayo
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:43 AM   #9
EnglishWolf00
Can barely lace up my sneakers

EnglishWolf00 has an OK reputation so far

need a pg. or shooting man... someone who can hit 3's, take the pressure off AL so when hes double teamed he can find a guy who acturally knows how to play the game.... like foye was doing towards the end.
EnglishWolf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:31 PM   #10
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

deandre jordan or javale mcgee... it maybe a huge gamble but consider that they already have randy foye sebastian telfair rashad mccants and corey brewer.. i think getting a small player would just give twolves defending teams who have legit centers... not unless telfair or jaric ( no one wants him) will be traded for a pick .... who knows well i just hope mchale will be smart this time..... oh god please here me now ..
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:39 PM   #11
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
1.Roy Hibbert
2. Kevin Love
3. Brook Lopez
4. OJ Mayo

Roy Hibbert? He had a hard time holding it down in college. DO you seriously think he's a better prospect than Brook Lopez? Hibbert is the least consistant player I've ever seen and will get eaten alive in the NBA.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:16 AM   #12
EnglishWolf00
Can barely lace up my sneakers

EnglishWolf00 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcht02
Roy Hibbert? He had a hard time holding it down in college. DO you seriously think he's a better prospect than Brook Lopez? Hibbert is the least consistant player I've ever seen and will get eaten alive in the NBA.

Brook Lopez is far better than roy hibbert, and i rekon we should get him. hed hold his weight unlike ****ing hibbert
EnglishWolf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:57 AM   #13
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcht02

I had Brook Lopez on my list, my word. As for eaten alive, it can go both ways. Brook will take his lumps, just like Roy will. Both of these guys are slow. Brook has little foot speed and the same goes for Roy.

When I did my list, I was not trying say draft Roy. I was picking people that I think that we should go after.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:38 PM   #14
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
I had Brook Lopez on my list, my word. As for eaten alive, it can go both ways. Brook will take his lumps, just like Roy will. Both of these guys are slow. Brook has little foot speed and the same goes for Roy.

When I did my list, I was not trying say draft Roy. I was picking people that I think that we should go after.
You guys should just wait until next year for a big. Thabeet will probably come out...
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:46 PM   #15
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

If you guys could get chris kaman for free. Would you do it right now. Cause thats what brook lopez will most likely turn into. Which is a good solid double double center for many years. Mayo will probably be a ben godon or monta ellis type. So its really just prefrence. But every team in th playoffs still. Has a solid big man to play around. So I think lopez should be the pick.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: