Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 03-29-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
Mattbuffs6
I airball my layups

Default Biggest Game to date.. The Warriors visit

As I type right now, we have a Nuggets 19-15 lead with just under 5 in the first. These two teams are mirror images of eachother. Not only with the style that they play but on the sidelines you have two old timer coaches with Karl and Nelly. Baron and AI are two of the best guards in the game. Jackson can match Melo all night with points, and J.R. and Monta both provide their respective teams with a huge spark... Which leads me to believe the X Factor in tonight's ball game is the low post play of Camby and K-Mart, a pair of double-doubles wouldn't hurt. And I'm not digging Harrington or Biedrins, I'm just saying that Camby and K-Mart should have really solid nights, if they don't we might be in a bit of trouble.
Mattbuffs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
Mattbuffs6
I airball my layups

Default Re: Biggest Game to date.. The Warriors visit

End of 1st Nugs 38 Warriors 32

Stat Leaders

Nuggets:

Points= Melo with 12 (K-Mart adds 11)
Assts= Melo with 5!
Rebs= Camby with 4

Warriors:
Pts= Baron w/ 11
Assts= Ellis w/ 3
Rebs= Biedrins w/3

The boys are moving the ball extremely well (12 assists with 38 points) K-Mart has been playing like a man early but when he got a break on the bench, Biedrins started eating us up a bit by the boards and with put backs, he has 6 pts. In these types of games it matters on what the role players do and we cant let Biedrins to have a bunch of easy buckets. Fun game, I bet you can count on 1 hand how many possesions a team will shoot with less than 10 on the shot clock.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:16 PM   #3
Mattbuffs6
I airball my layups

Halftime Nuggets 65 Warriors 61

Man, this is great hoops, just a bunch of ballers ballin. Great pace to the game. The Warriors aren't going away though, the Nugs have stretched it out to 10-11 points numerous times but Warriors string together a couple stops to get it to 4-6 points. Stephen Jackson had been struggling early but had 8 points in the final couple minutes for his guys. As for Kenyon Martin.. wow! That was one of his best halves as a Nugget, it can't be stressed enough, if he comes to play like this night in and night out, we won't only make the playoffs but we can do some serious damage. The question remains if his knee will hold up. Biedrins has 10 and 8, we gotta put a clamp down on him, Harrington has been non-existent so far. Camby hasn't attempted a shot but he has been there on the D end with his presence and his rebounds.. Whew, this is playoff basketball!

Leaders
Nugs

Pts= Melo/ K-Mart each with 19
Assts= Melo/AI with 5
Rebs= Camby(who else?)/ Martin each with 7

Warriors
Pts= Davis/Jackson each with 16
Assts= Ellis w/ 4
Rebs= Biedrins w/ 8.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
Mattbuffs6
I airball my layups

No 3rd quarter report, North Carolina- Louisville is too good. As is this game, but now the teams are trading baskets and leads.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:24 PM   #5
Mattbuffs6
I airball my layups

Denver Nuggets 119 Golden State Warriors 112 Final.

Great game, the bench won this one with their play (J.R., Linas, Eddie etc.) I get a little worried when our starters step back on the floor after a break, as you saw we lacked the intensity we needed and let Golden State right back in it. K-Mart is the man of the night with his 30 pts, great game though. Now its the home and home with the Suns coming up, we can celebrate a bit tonight since we got that 8th spot, but we are far from same we need to keep this up. 9 games to go, lets go and get this! I'm gonna go and get drunk.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:24 PM   #6
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Dude, you should come to the gamethreads in the main forum because it seems like you're talking to yourself.
Anyways! Nuggets WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:40 AM   #7
CAAIDN
High School Starter

CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:06 AM   #8
paguy1955
High School Starter

What a game.. the Pepsi Center packed..the crowd rocking..and one more thing.......K MART. JAMMED!!!!!!!
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:30 PM   #9
Mattbuffs6
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAYZIE
Dude, you should come to the gamethreads in the main forum because it seems like you're talking to yourself.
Anyways! Nuggets WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya, my bad, I'm new, what? Honest mistake, solid win, big home and home coming up with the Suns don't forget we are 3 GB of Jazz for the division lead, that is still not out of reach.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:28 PM   #10
Geandily
Local High School Star

Best Nuggets game I've been to in a LONG time, was a ton of fun! I was worried when I saw that Iverson had hurt his hand again, thankfully Kenyon was amazing and pulled through for us when we needed him most.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: