Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-29-2008, 10:38 PM   #1
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here
Default Bynum/Gasol Update

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,4971479.story

Quote:
Pau Gasol participated in a brief scrimmage and Andrew Bynum was told by Coach Phil Jackson he would accompany the team on a two-game trip next week, though he wouldn't necessarily play.

Bynum was doing "really well" in his recovery after working his way through some patellar tendinitis in his injured left knee, Jackson said.

"It's not really connected to his injury per se. It was just the amount of work that he's started to be able to do, which is impressive," Jackson said. "I told him to expect to go on the trip to Sacramento [next Sunday] and Portland [on April 8]. Whether he can play or not, it may not be that time, but he's going to go through the workouts and practices and the pregame and whatever we have."

The Lakers have four regular-season games left after that trip.

Sounds like Pau wont play Sunday and Ariza is still 2 weeks away from running on a tread mill. At least Bynum will be there on the bench
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Bynum/Gasol Update

thanks Lakers13... a little glint of light at the end of the tunnel
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:48 PM   #3
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far

so tomorrow will be the last game they will have to play without a big man sounds like, thats good news.
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:58 PM   #4
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Tainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat cool

They posted a video on Lakers.com showing Bynum's rehab regime, and I was amazed at the stuff he was doing. So this doesn’t surprise me at all.
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:59 PM   #5
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted Sword
They posted a video on Lakers.com showing Bynum's rehab regime, and I was amazed at the stuff he was doing. So this doesn’t surprise me at all.

Yeah I saw that too, I wouldnt be surprised if he actually gets playing time in one of those games if not both.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:00 PM   #6
Lakers13
Reload Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
thanks Lakers13... a little glint of light at the end of the tunnel

Anything will help at this point If Gasol aint ready for wednesday, Im officially marking the man as soft. Fish is playing with torn tendons for gods sake, time to man up and play through the pain.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:20 AM   #7
KB24
Kids at the park dunk on me

KB24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted Sword

Yeah pretty amazing things.. here is the link for those that havent seen it

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080328bynumrehab.html
KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:20 AM   #8
and1
High School Varsity 6th Man

and1 has decent reputationand1 has decent reputation

that alter - g machine is quite funny...
and1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:50 AM   #9
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24
Yeah pretty amazing things.. here is the link for those that havent seen it

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080328bynumrehab.html

Good looking out.

Mannnnn o mannnn
I cant wait Until Bynum returns. That boy is beast, man I just cant wait.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:11 AM   #10
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nice posts... lets hope these guys start playing and contributing quickly.... the Lakers are in a statistical tie with the Suns right now but they have to start winning some games...

Today's game will not be an easy one either!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:50 PM   #11
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool

It's great to see Bynum workout and move like that. I'm starting to get really excited about his return. Now, we just need Gasol and Ariza back -- HEALTHY!!! And I hope they all get back in time to gel on the basketball court together....I have a feeling that Gasol, Bynum, and Kobe will have a lot of extra practices together before and during the Playoffs.
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #12
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

I just hope we can fininsh in the top four position going into the PO. I really don't like our TEAM play as of late and could it be Phil decision to hold Pau out a little longer then he should. Lakers needs to work on their chemistry before going into the PO.

I'm just not sure about our Lakers?
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:40 PM   #13
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The funny thing that I find with the lakers situation, is that if Bynum returns and for some reason is able to turn into the Bynum of earlier days this season, he will change the whole dynamic of the team. All he needs to do in my opinion is stabilize himself in being able to take alley oops and finish, and to contest the opponents shots. Those two aspects alone would completely alter what may possibly be the opposite teams game plan.

And with Gasol back, hopefully.. he can be second solid scorer, making the burden less for Bynum.

Looking at the video from Lakers.com it does not seem so far fetched that Bynum may return in a decent state of body, to where he can realisticly contribute to the goal of the lakers.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:43 PM   #14
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
The funny thing that I find with the lakers situation, is that if Bynum returns and for some reason is able to turn into the Bynum of earlier days this season, he will change the whole dynamic of the team. All he needs to do in my opinion is stabilize himself in being able to take alley oops and finish, and to contest the opponents shots. Those two aspects alone would completely alter what may possibly be the opposite teams game plan.

And with Gasol back, hopefully.. he can be second solid scorer, making the burden less for Bynum.

Looking at the video from Lakers.com it does not seem so far fetched that Bynum may return in a decent state of body, to where he can realisticly contribute to the goal of the lakers.

Its not like we are talking about a 30 year old vet with alot of mileage on him, or even a 25 year old player, the kid is 20! I am sure he will recover fully and just fine. I agree, he doesnt have to be the #2 guy anymore, thats Gasol's role. All Bynum needs to do is fill the paint on defense and block some shots, alter more with his presence and rebound. On offense, grab some rebounds, dunk some lobs and set some picks. If he can block 3-4 shots, grab 10-12 boards and put in 8-10 points a game, I'll be happy.
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:26 AM   #15
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
Anything will help at this point If Gasol aint ready for wednesday, Im officially marking the man as soft. Fish is playing with torn tendons for gods sake, time to man up and play through the pain.

You better not marking Gasol as nothing until you know him better. You can play with pain if you have a finger injured (like kobe), but if you are a 7 footer who moves quickly like Gasol, play with an injured ankle and you will completely broke it, and you will be out for 2 or 3 months. ¿Is that what you want?.

If you have Gasol's (or Bynum) size, your ankle suffer a lot in a game; you can't play with that injured, too risky.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: