Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-31-2008, 04:39 AM   #16
El Seano
Hey Boston! **** you!

El Seano has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bynum/Gasol Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24
Yeah pretty amazing things.. here is the link for those that havent seen it

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080328bynumrehab.html

Great video, the official home page has improved so much this year and the videos are a big part of it, though they seem to be in love with using music from Jay Z's Black Album.
El Seano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:31 PM   #17
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
You better not marking Gasol as nothing until you know him better. You can play with pain if you have a finger injured (like kobe), but if you are a 7 footer who moves quickly like Gasol, play with an injured ankle and you will completely broke it, and you will be out for 2 or 3 months. żIs that what you want?.

If you have Gasol's (or Bynum) size, your ankle suffer a lot in a game; you can't play with that injured, too risky.

But Fisher can play at high speed with torn ligaments in his foot? Its all about peoples pain threshold. I love Pau, but he doesnt seem like a guy who has high tolerance for pain.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:34 PM   #18
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
But Fisher can play at high speed with torn ligaments in his foot? Its all about peoples pain threshold. I love Pau, but he doesnt seem like a guy who has high tolerance for pain.
big difference between injury in the foot and one at the ankle, ad fisher is much smaller then gasol so the two injuries are really not comparable
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:37 PM   #19
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
big difference between injury in the foot and one at the ankle, ad fisher is much smaller then gasol so the two injuries are really not comparable

Your right, Fisher actually tore something. Im just mad the dude is taking forever on a sprained ankle.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:51 PM   #20
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
Your right, Fisher actually tore something. Im just mad the dude is taking forever on a sprained ankle.
being the proud owner of a bad ankle since high school i can say those things are nothing to mess with, my doctor taped it up and said i was good to go after a few days rest... it became a chronic weak ankle, years later i tweaked it badly again playing basketball, i went in got it looked at again this time they did an mri and x-rays and they said well it's just a sprain but because the bone was never set properly when you broke it before...

wtf? when did i break my ankle? lol i was so pissed to learn of the bad diagnosis years earlier... not that it cost me anything of importance, it just would have been nice to have it fixed properly first time around...
Old 03-31-2008, 12:56 PM   #21
Lakers13
Reload Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
being the proud owner of a bad ankle since high school i can say those things are nothing to mess with, my doctor taped it up and said i was good to go after a few days rest... it became a chronic weak ankle, years later i tweaked it badly again playing basketball, i went in got it looked at again this time they did an mri and x-rays and they said well it's just a sprain but because the bone was never set properly when you broke it before...

wtf? when did i break my ankle? lol i was so pissed to learn of the bad diagnosis years earlier... not that it cost me anything of importance, it just would have been nice to have it fixed properly first time around...

Ouch. I kinda have a sprained wrist for the rest of my life but that has more to do with never going to see a doctor I ate **** on a bike and prob broke the wrist and just wrapped it, to this day I cant put alot of weight on it cuz it starts hurting a bit. My dream to be bodybuilders Mr Universe has fallen

Ill lay off him then if it can be that severe, I just never had one that bad that I couldnt walk or run off.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:58 PM   #22
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

you should stop seeing the laker medical staff no but seriously, how is that ankle now? any permanent damage?
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:09 PM   #23
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
you should stop seeing the laker medical staff no but seriously, how is that ankle now? any permanent damage?

LMAO wise guy! nice!!!!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:38 PM   #24
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
haha i wasn't gonna name names but you know who the fricking doctor was? of course not because i never said...lol

quick history. my stepdad owned a porsche repair shop one of his clinets was the orthopedic doctor for the rams and USC traojans at the time.. he's that baaastad that left me a cripple...lol

actually the ankle is good, it just makes really cool noises first thing in the morning...lol
Old 03-31-2008, 07:36 PM   #25
big baller
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

big baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i dont know about you, but arent you suprised they r not at least playing bynum at the bench? he could come out for 10mins and help us out a lil. and im exited to see bynum and gasol play side by side!!! 07-08 champs baby!!
big baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #26
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quick update, Bynum was on the court today running drills for the trainers and
Gasol is looking good for tomorrow night, pending how he feels tomorrow morning after todays practice, he took part in a full practice had no difficulties and was said to be pain free...
Old 04-01-2008, 05:27 PM   #27
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
Quick update, Bynum was on the court today running drills for the trainers and
Gasol is looking good for tomorrow night, pending how he feels tomorrow morning after todays practice, he took part in a full practice had no difficulties and was said to be pain free...

Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:55 PM   #28
SCV42
Buck Foston

SCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this board

Once the injuries subside, the Lakers should make a good run in the playoffs this year. However, I think a championship is MAYBE a bit myopic or unrealistic. From next year on though, I feel the Lakers will be a year better and everyone else will be a year older. Portland is really the only team I feel we will have to reckon with in the future. Who else do you think might be a contender in a year or two?
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:19 PM   #29
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far

They just said on Lakers live Bynum isnt even practicing with the team and although he will be with the team for the upcoming road trip, probably wont play. They said he might play in the last few games. This sucks! What happend to "8 weeks"? That was 13 weeks ago Lakers wont win a damn thing now. They wont have enough time to play together. Next year is no guarantee either the way this team gets injured. Sucks.
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:30 PM   #30
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
They just said on Lakers live Bynum isnt even practicing with the team and although he will be with the team for the upcoming road trip, probably wont play. They said he might play in the last few games. This sucks! What happend to "8 weeks"? That was 13 weeks ago Lakers wont win a damn thing now. They wont have enough time to play together. Next year is no guarantee either the way this team gets injured. Sucks.

Do you have a specific number for the games Bynum will play? Who knows man; maybe they all can mesh together well in a few days.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: