Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-03-2008, 01:05 AM   #31
Local High School Star

Default Re: Bynum/Gasol Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
Do you have a specific number for the games Bynum will play? Who knows man; maybe they all can mesh together well in a few days.

They said "a couple". Not good. This is going to be the toughest playoffs in recent memory and a few games playing together is not going to get it done.
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:11 AM   #32
Lakers13
Reload Time

He'll prob play the last 4 games.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:53 AM   #33
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
He'll prob play the last 4 games.

Doubtful. 4 games would include the road trip and they already said he wont be back till most likely the SA game. Only 1 game left after that. Mitch said yesterday hes still a few weeks away from playing an NBA game. Besides, 2, 3, 4...doesnt matter. This is a young team with very little playoff experience. They would need at least 25-30 games playing together to get on a roll and comfortable with each other.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:18 AM   #34
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

Perhaps they won't need so many games. Bynum is a bit unexperienced, but fortunately Gasol will be the PF. Gasol is so smart, and probably realizes soon what he has to do to fit perfectly with Bynum, Odom, and Kobe.

You can give the ball to Kobe or Pau, knowing they will look for the best option before taking all the shots. That's why I think it won't be difficult to Bynum playing with Pau.

I always said Gasol was the perfect addition for this team. Gasol has made Kobe and Odom better, and will do the same for Bynum, I am absolutely sure.

Last edited by GoldMedallist : 04-03-2008 at 05:21 AM.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #35
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

Just watching all the other PO teams they are sharp and tuned up going into the PO and our lakers to me looks out of sink for sure. So to think we can put it together in the PO is scary to me. If I was a betting man I wouldn't put my money on the Lakers this year. All I can do is HOPE we win it all. Sorry just my opinion guys.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:06 PM   #36
Lakers13
Reload Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
Doubtful. 4 games would include the road trip and they already said he wont be back till most likely the SA game. Only 1 game left after that. Mitch said yesterday hes still a few weeks away from playing an NBA game. Besides, 2, 3, 4...doesnt matter. This is a young team with very little playoff experience. They would need at least 25-30 games playing together to get on a roll and comfortable with each other.

Well heres hoping we can squeek him into the Hornets home game too.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:27 AM   #37
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

We are going to be at least in the W/Conf finals anyway, so let Bynum have the rest he needs to be full fit and ready to go on our way to the NBA finals.
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:04 AM   #38
GMW
Local High School Star

Quote:
Game notes
Andrew Bynum and Trevor Ariza, two Lakers still on the mend, won't play in any of the final six regular-season games. Bynum, sidelined for the last 40 games by an injured left knee, will accompany the team on its two-game road swing so that his progress can be monitored during practice. ... Ariza has missed 38 games with a broken right foot, and doctors have asked the coaching staff not to have him run yet. He'll have another diagnostic test to see if the fracture is completely gone before he is given clearance.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280404013
GMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:35 AM   #39
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

I just saw this while reading the game recap. WTF?!!?! This has to be one of those bullsh*t reports that Phil is famous for promoting.
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:50 AM   #40
GMW
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerDynasty00
I just saw this while reading the game recap. WTF?!!?! This has to be one of those bullsh*t reports that Phil is famous for promoting.
Andrew himself says 2 games before the playoffs is the closest he can get...

Quote:
When asked if Bynum might miss the rest of the regular season, Jackson said, "Oh, sure, there's a very good possibility."

Bynum sounded a little more hopeful.

"At this point, I'm trying to get back a couple of games before [playoffs] just so I can get, like, a tune-up," he said. "The last two games, that's the closest I can get back. And I have a good chance of practicing right before the playoffs with my team, get a bunch of hard practices in."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,5799725.story
GMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:35 PM   #41
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Dang, its frustrating... like a moving target... I think we all are VERY anxious to see this team at full strength, but I fear it just wont happen this year... even in the playoffs, thats likely not enough time to see these guys play "at full strength" in which they know each other and have learned to play with each other to unleash the maximum potential.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:43 PM   #42
Lakers13
Reload Time

His return jumps back and forth every day. The dude is traveling and doing practice with us, now they are saying he wont be available until the last 2 games? I dunno , its either mind games or perhaps they were rushing things last week.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #43
~LA's finest~
I hit open 5-footers

It doesn't really matter what Bynum does, we still have Kobe, Pau and Odom. The key is Odom will move to the 3, which makes him a lot more potent as a player because of his length/versatility...with Pau's passing game, you just know Bynum will not only get a lot more lobs his way, but he'll get a lot more space. Plus our interior defense improves so much with him in the post, and we'll be once again one of the best rebounding teams in the league. He brings so many extra dimensions to this team.

Bynum/Mbenga
Gasol/Turiaf/Radmanovic
Odom/Ariza/Walton
Bryant/Vujavic
Fisher/Farmar

I'm assuming this will be our playoff roster if Ariza comes back, if he doesn't our 12 man roster will be Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Bryant, Fish, Farmar, Turiaf, Vujavic, Mbenga, Walton, Mihm and Radmanovic.

Newble, Karl and Ariza (injured) will not make the roster...anyone disagree with my assumption? I'd rather have Newble play then Mihm personally.
~LA's finest~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:05 PM   #44
Lakers13
Reload Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LA's finest~
It doesn't really matter what Bynum does, we still have Kobe, Pau and Odom. The key is Odom will move to the 3, which makes him a lot more potent as a player because of his length/versatility...with Pau's passing game, you just know Bynum will not only get a lot more lobs his way, but he'll get a lot more space. Plus our interior defense improves so much with him in the post, and we'll be once again one of the best rebounding teams in the league. He brings so many extra dimensions to this team.

Bynum/Mbenga
Gasol/Turiaf/Radmanovic
Odom/Ariza/Walton
Bryant/Vujavic
Fisher/Farmar

I'm assuming this will be our playoff roster if Ariza comes back, if he doesn't our 12 man roster will be Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Bryant, Fish, Farmar, Turiaf, Vujavic, Mbenga, Walton, Mihm and Radmanovic.

Newble, Karl and Ariza (injured) will not make the roster...anyone disagree with my assumption? I'd rather have Newble play then Mihm personally.

I think someone brought up thats its based on a per night basis. So depending on the matchups, that will determine whos IR'd for the night.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:19 PM   #45
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LA's finest~
It doesn't really matter what Bynum does, we still have Kobe, Pau and Odom.

Ummm, yea it does matter...ALOT. If you think the current team is going to get to even the WCF, you are delusional. They BARELY beat a bad Mavs team last night at home. What are the chances they go into NO, SA or even Utah and win a 7 game series? Not good. They NEED Bynum in the lineup to get thru the west and him coming back for the playoffs wont cut it. This team has no time to gel, sucks.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: