Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 03-30-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here
Default The History of Grand Theft Auto

Quote:
March 28, 2008 - It's all about the American Dream. You start at the bottom, put in effort and time, and you make it to the top... no matter who you have to kill. Any stone player can get known and get paid if they take what they want, and survive the day. And see the next guy lining up to take what's yours and make it his. That's what makes this country great.

Gamers live the life Rockstar's built for them, fifty million of them, doing what they want and getting ahead one drive-by, one stolen ride, one felony at a time. It's a funhouse mirror on our sliding culture, envisioned by a Scot and a pair of Brits. Imitators come and go. None come close to Grand Theft Auto's excesses, successes, consequences, and stepping outside the lines. The franchise is big-time. Stocks jump at the mention of its name. So do giant-killers, lawyers, mothers, and politicians lip -- all stepping up to take their shot at a game that turned controversy into fame, and then infamy.

A life of crime ain't easy, baby.

The History of Grand Theft Auto by IGN Staff

I haven't had a chance to read all of it, but the article from IGN seems pretty interesting. In anticipation of the release of GTA IV, it seems only appropriate that we look back at GTA's history. Enjoy!
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:48 PM   #2
~LA's finest~
I hit open 5-footers

~LA's finest~ has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The History of Grand Theft Auto

Oh man, this might be the one game that gets the first perfect 10.0 on IGN for Xbox360. This game is going to be off the hook, the best part about this game is that it releases when my final exams are over. My girlfriend is going to Miami for 3 weeks, so guess what I'll be doing for those 3 weeks?

Not not cheating on her, you twisted minds.
I'll definitely see some of you online with this game, because I heard it's multiplayer compatible.
~LA's finest~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:40 PM   #3
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

Wow, I just got back and finished the article. That history is incredible. I think the next game should be in a London rip-off-city, or an Asian city, or a South American city.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:51 PM   #4
~LA's finest~
I hit open 5-footers

~LA's finest~ has an OK reputation so far

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D_DpcY6CIzM

Pretty cool analysis of the game...
~LA's finest~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:09 PM   #5
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LA's finest~
http://youtube.com/watch?v=D_DpcY6CIzM

Pretty cool analysis of the game...

Yeah that it is pretty cool. Obviously, some of the theories are wrong with the new information we have, but their eye for detail is interesting.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: