Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 04-06-2008, 11:35 AM   #1
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default O'Neal Chafing At 20-Minute Limit

He deserves it, after missing 33 games, no coach is going to let you play more than 20 mins and risk another injury.

************************************************** ************************************************** ****************

Jermaine O'Neal doesn't agree with coach Jim O'Brien's insistence on limiting him to twenty minutes a game, according to the Indianapolis Star.

O'Neal, who missed 33 games because of issues with his left knee, was taken out in the final eight minutes against Milwaukee on Friday night despite the game being close.

"That 20 minutes creeps up on you real quick," O'Neal said. "and sometimes it creeps up on you in tough situations in the fourth quarter when another team is making its run and you have a rhythm. . . . I would have campaigned a lot more, but every time we made a basket, it eased me a little bit. I was fully prepared to campaign and say, 'Coach, put me in the game.' "

"I've been told by our medical people that's his limit. He said he felt great. I'm glad he felt great. Maybe we can increase his minutes. When I'm told by our medical people he has 20 minutes, that's what we're going with," O'Brien added.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../1088/SPORTS04
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: O'Neal Chafing At 20-Minute Limit

Of course he wants to play, guys like JO want to play 48 minutes every night. I don't see him "chafing" about it though. He understand why his minutes are limited. Another sensationalist Pacer headline from the Star. If I'm Bird I call up Peyton and try and get him to come to a few games.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:53 AM   #3
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

i cant beleive JO would be upset about this. What did he expect? Come back from a 33-game injury and get 35-40 mins right away? No coach in their right mind would do that
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:09 PM   #4
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

he sees himself as the former all-star he once was and the pacers' franchise player.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: