Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-31-2008, 12:19 AM   #1
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here
Default Really Who thought we'd GET 50+ wins this season?

now every game shows how high of a 50 win team we will be..
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:29 AM   #2
Droth24
Gonna kick cancers ass

Droth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Really Who thought we'd GET 50+ wins this season?

Who would've thought that it was going to be Luke with the potentional game winning play? Tonight was really a battle, good game in terms of toughining up the team and getting them battle ready for the play-offs.
Droth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:40 AM   #3
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

I think nobody saw it coming, I think I predicted near 47-48 wins at the beginning of the season, prior to Bynums emergence and Paus arrival.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:56 AM   #4
lakers4ever
Decent playground baller

lakers4ever has an OK reputation so far

It's a good thing we are at 50 wins because we might not even be in playoff contention with much less. It is a weird year for sure.
lakers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:12 AM   #5
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yep 50 wins... need to start tightening the screws soon..playoffs are just around the corner... good win for them tonight, after the last couple losses it was nice to see them buck up in overtime, play some d and take the win....

tonight was a team effort for sure.. and that's what it's going to take to win in the playoffs, just about every laker that played made a positive contribution, mihm only plaed 3 minutes so i won't say too much...

farmar had another rough outing but he didn't force anything tonight and he didn't score...lol
but he did have a steal and 4 assists and played some decent d when he was on the floor...

other than those two every laker played well...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:56 AM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am one of those guys that thought the Lakers would never get to 50 wins this season, so my hat is off to them. They have played well overall despite critical injuries.

So why is Farmar playing poorly lately? Is he injured and we dont know it? Has he hit the rookie wall again? Glad to see he was not chucking it last night.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:49 AM   #7
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I am one of those guys that thought the Lakers would never get to 50 wins this season, so my hat is off to them. They have played well overall despite critical injuries.

So why is Farmar playing poorly lately? Is he injured and we dont know it? Has he hit the rookie wall again? Glad to see he was not chucking it last night.

Yea he has been in a slump, hope he can have a good run beofre the playoffs begin. Maybe its the sophomore wall
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:14 PM   #8
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Lets all admit it here, no one really did

This season looked groomed for disaster. its truly been a cinderella season so far. on the brink of losing Kobe and going into a complete rebuilding mode to building a powerhouse for many years to come in a matter of months.

anyways..50 is great, focus is on the playoffs though
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:19 PM   #9
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Lets all admit it here, no one really did

haha... well, i was definitely vocal and i do admit when i am wrong... there are some here who did call for more wins but i dont know if they truly believed themselves.

this was indeed a surprise.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:45 PM   #10
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe=MVP07`

who thought we would win 50+???

I said last summer that we had a shot at 53 wins if we had
a tremendous year and stayed healthy...I really liked our team with
only two major exceptions... I did not like Kwame or Cook...
I am very glad to see them gone..

I never predicted getting Pau, that was incredible....

Injuries have nailed us again, but if Pau is ready, we have
a real shot at 55+ wins. I think that might get Kobe the MVP....

(but we need Bynum healthy too to get far in the playoffs....)

Last edited by magicmanfan : 03-31-2008 at 05:49 PM.
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:08 PM   #11
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I am glad we got 50 wins but it doesn't mean anything if we can't get out of first round. Our main goal is to get out of first round and our biggest challenge is to go after Kobe's ring #4. I know we can do it but it is all up to how healthy Pau and/or Bynum are. I got my fingers crossed but I have a good feeling that we are going to reach finals. After that, the ring is up for grabs.

I REALLY hope we don't have to play Spurs and hopefully Suns draw them in first round. I have a feeling Suns can beat Spurs this time around.

Last edited by bladefd : 03-31-2008 at 06:10 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:49 PM   #13
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

At the start of the season, I thought we'd be a 6-8th seed team, but after Bynum's surge and Pau coming to LA, it made me thing we'd go maybe to 55...

Hopes were crushed by these damn injuries
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:48 PM   #14
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
At the start of the season, I thought we'd be a 6-8th seed team, but after Bynum's surge and Pau coming to LA, it made me thing we'd go maybe to 55...

Hopes were crushed by these damn injuries

so you dont belive we will go .500 in our last 10 games??
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:55 AM   #15
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe=MVP07`
so you dont belive we will go .500 in our last 10 games??
Well.. seeing the way we're playing.. I don't think so (not trying to arise pessimicity [if that's a word])..

The only way I see us getting over .500 is with Gasol played solid games.. w/o him I don't think we'll be over .500 at the rate we're going.

(ps I'm not so great at predicting outcomes, but this is just my opinion based on our gameplay the last couple of contests)
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: