Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #31
SCV42
Buck Foston

SCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this board
Default Re: Is it possible that the Lakers training staff could be to blame for all the injuries?

[QUOTE

"franks foley's fuzzy fennec feels funny"[/quote]

Frank Foley's fuzzy fennec's fallic functionality feels fairly freakingly funny
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:39 PM   #32
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Is it possible that the Lakers training staff could be to blame for all the injur

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
and they taste good too!

Truly nature's perfect creature.

Quote:
so it's a fox? from africa? and you can buy them as pets?

OK, you just opened up a ginornous can of worms, because each question is at the center of a hotly contested debate regarding fennecs. That's right--it's an exciting time right now in fennec country.

First of all, while most classify it as a fox (genus vulpes), others classify it in its own genus (fennecus), because of significant differences between it and other, "true" foxes (they have difference chromosome counts, are less solitary, and have a far more insectivorous diet).

Secondly, while its primary habitat in the wild is the Sahara Desert in Africa, the ones you see in the States are likely several generations removed from wild fennecs. It's illegal to export these little guys from Africa, since they're relatively rare in the wild; there's also the remote chance that some of them can escape into our habitats, go feral, form a viable breeding population in the wild, and drive out our native fauna and flora. The latter scenario is unlikely, but there are numerous instances of introduced fauna destroying native ecosystems: cane toads in Australia, mongooses in Hawai'i, starlings in America, perch in Africa, and rats and cockroaches in freakin' everywhere--just to name a few.

Third, the legality of owning a fennec is completely at the discretion of the state in which you reside. Some states require that you have a special permit; some allow you to buy them in-state, but not bring them in from out-of-state. In California, it (unfortunately!) is illegal to buy OR import a fennec, and no permits are available. Sadness (On a related note, we have similarly Draconian laws in regards to domestic polecats, a.k.a. ferrets). For such a liberal state, Cali sure does hate teh exotic furries.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:56 PM   #33
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Is it possible that the Lakers training staff could be to blame for all the injur

no problem on the can of worms, love animals and learning about them

Quote:
For such a liberal state, Cali sure does hate teh exotic furries.
i know, i want a hedge hog

gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #34
Frank Foley

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool

Hedgehogs are f'n awesome. And, yeah, they're illegal too. California statutes prohibit all animals that are not specifically enumerated, so the cool pets are all illegal by default.

I realize I'm making myself out to be a furry lover here, so I should add that my roommate (who I hate but still interact with on a daily basis) is a zoology major. I'm also doing grad studies in conservation. I guess that makes me a credentialed furry lover.

Last edited by Frank Foley : 04-01-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:43 PM   #35
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Foley
Hedgehogs are f'n awesome. And, yeah, they're illegal too. California statutes prohibit all animals that are not specifically enumerated, so the cool pets are all illegal by default.

I realize I'm making myself out to be a furry lover here, so I should add that my roommate (who I hate but still interact with on a daily basis) is a zoology major. I'm also doing grad studies in conservation. I guess that makes me a credentialed furry lover.

Wow, a conservationalist... you just went up a notch in my book... nice!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #36
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Hedgehogs are f'n awesome
yeah they sell em in vegas and many of the stores in so cal carry the food and supplies, i called a vet who was recommended and they said they would indeed take care of a hedgehog, so me and the family may be going on a little road trip..wink wink nudge nudge

Quote:
California statutes prohibit all animals that are not specifically enumerated
didn't seem to slow down the old gerbil invasion in the bay area if you know what i mean....lol

Last edited by gts : 04-01-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:55 PM   #37
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
yeah they sell em in vegas and many of the stores in so cal carry the food and supplies so me and the family may be going on a little road trip..wink wink nudge nudge

they make good eatin' in arkansas....

Old 04-01-2008, 09:03 PM   #38
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
they make good eatin' in arkansas....

really ? hmmm maybe we'll pick up a couple extra for a roadie, cook em on the manifold "hobo style"
Old 04-01-2008, 09:09 PM   #39
Frank Foley

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
yeah they sell em in vegas and many of the stores in so cal carry the food and supplies, i called a vet who was recommended and they said they would indeed take care of a hedgehog, so me and the family may be going on a little road trip..wink wink nudge nudge

Very very cool. The bad thing about having them as pets is that they're extremely delicate creatures: they're susceptible to a ton of diseases, highly sensitive to extremes in temperature (both hot and cold), and don't live too long on average (usually about 4,5 years if you do everything right). They're fun while they last, though.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:14 PM   #40
SoCalMike

Quote:
Very very cool. The bad thing about having them as pets is that they're extremely delicate creatures: they're susceptible to a ton of diseases, highly sensitive to extremes in temperature (both hot and cold), and don't live too long on average (usually about 4,5 years if you do everything right). They're fun while they last, though.

Ok, you obviously know more about this than you do hoop...

Seriously, what do you plan to do when you graduate? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:23 PM   #41
Bruinlove
Banned

Bruinlove has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

didn't seem to slow down the old gerbil invasion in the bay area if you know what i mean....lol
Hedgehogs just as a friendly warning always smell like piss and um, they're hard to tame. This girl I know has had one for 3 years and it still bites and craps and pisses on everyone and everything at random.
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:30 PM   #42
Frank Foley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinlove
Hedgehogs just as a friendly warning always smell like piss and um, they're hard to tame. This girl I know has had one for 3 years and it still bites and craps and pisses on everyone and everything at random.

Haha, that's true enough, but no one gets a hedgehog because it's cuddly and soft and smart and pettable. Hedgehogs are fat, prickly spazzes--and therein lies their appeal.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:38 PM   #43
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

First of all, while most classify it as a fox (genus vulpes), others classify it in its own genus (fennecus), because of significant differences between it and other, "true" foxes (they have difference chromosome counts, are less solitary, and have a far more insectivorous diet).

OBVIOUSLY they should be classified in their own genus. Anyone with any sense knows this.
Damn f-ing retards who try to classify them as foxes!! I can't believe those fools. ya know!? Probably a bunch of damn Suns fans.

:)
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:56 PM   #44
Frank Foley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Ok, you obviously know more about this than you do hoop...

Did you just question my b-ball knowledge? I believe you did. I may have to fight you.

In response to your question, I've got no clue about what to do after graduation. I'll probably try to stay in school for as long as possible; life outside of the classroom is so bright and scary.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:00 PM   #45
SoCalMike

Quote:
Did you just question my b-ball knowledge? I believe you did. I may have to fight you.

In response to your question, I've got no clue about what to do after graduation. I'll probably try to stay in school for as long as possible; life outside of the classroom is so bright and scary.

Well I have a personal interest in conservation and habitat preservation in light of the endless lack of concern by our society in that area... I do support organizations that focus in these areas both with time and money. I want my kids to be able to enjoy the planet and its inhabitants for as long as possible. So there is much you can contribute!!!!

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: