Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-31-2008, 08:53 AM   #1
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here
Default who to draft?

who should we draft and what pick do you think we'll have?
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Re: who to draft?

Depends on which current Bulls are kept around and who leaves

A big man with a low post game would be nice
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:55 AM   #3
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

Brook Lopez or Kevin Love is the way to go. I would try hard to get Lopez since he could be a legitimate starting center for many years, trade up if needed. If the Bulls can't get him though, Love should be still available when the Bulls pick. Both players could really improve this team, of coarse that wouldn't solve all of the teams problems, but landing one of them would be a great start and it could save Paxsons job. Seriously!!!
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:16 PM   #4
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: who to draft?

I like Brook Lopez a lot more than Kevin Love, because Lopez has the athleticism and height to potentially become an All-Star. I don't think Love will ever be more than a Drew Gooden type player, mostly because he lacks the size and athleticism to keep up with the better power forwards in the NBA.

As I have said before, I think we need to draft a true point guard. Obviously, Derrick Rose would be perfect, but DJ Augustin, Ty Lawson, or Darren Collision, if they come out, would be good fits for the Bulls because they are faster than anyone currently on the team, and also because they can play the point guard better than anyone on the team. Assuming we will get rid of Gordon and Duhon this summer, we will have an open spot for a guard to come in and get some good minutes backing up Hinrich/Thabo.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #5
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

David Padgett. The Brad Miller type of player. The guy is a better passer than a lot of guards, would possibly be the best passer of any big men at the next level. He has a nice arry of post moves and is very smart and moves well. I don't know if he will ever become All-Star level, but he is solid and safe. Only real concern is he is a little injury prone, but heals well.

'Shady' Arthur. Already has the moves to be in the NBA. If he could add 10-15 pounds the guy will be a boss. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy becomes the next Kevin Garnett - he has that type of potential and feel to his game. Unselfish. Only real weakness is his rebounding, which is just because he doesn't seem to judge the ball well - a few years in the NBA and he will be dominate.

I think Chicago sould trade off Gordon and Duhon and maybe even pick up a few more draft picks to solidify the bench with youth from this draft, and possibly dump Tyrus Thomas. Hell why not package Deng, Tyrus and Gordon and ship them to Miami and bring in Beasley.

Players like Brandon Rush, Darnell Jackson, Wayne Ellington, ect would all fit well. Not knocking anything on the college players from the smaller conferences, but play it smart and take a guy from a big program. Obviously there is the stand outs from smaller schools who always do well in the NBA, but safe picks usually come from big schools.

Hinrich/Draft Pick
Hughes/Thabo
Deng/Nocioni
Gooden/Tyrus/Arthur
Noah/Gray
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:17 PM   #6
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
David Padgett. The Brad Miller type of player. The guy is a better passer than a lot of guards, would possibly be the best passer of any big men at the next level. He has a nice arry of post moves and is very smart and moves well. I don't know if he will ever become All-Star level, but he is solid and safe. Only real concern is he is a little injury prone, but heals well.

'Shady' Arthur. Already has the moves to be in the NBA. If he could add 10-15 pounds the guy will be a boss. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy becomes the next Kevin Garnett - he has that type of potential and feel to his game. Unselfish. Only real weakness is his rebounding, which is just because he doesn't seem to judge the ball well - a few years in the NBA and he will be dominate.

I think Chicago sould trade off Gordon and Duhon and maybe even pick up a few more draft picks to solidify the bench with youth from this draft, and possibly dump Tyrus Thomas. Hell why not package Deng, Tyrus and Gordon and ship them to Miami and bring in Beasley.

Players like Brandon Rush, Darnell Jackson, Wayne Ellington, ect would all fit well. Not knocking anything on the college players from the smaller conferences, but play it smart and take a guy from a big program. Obviously there is the stand outs from smaller schools who always do well in the NBA, but safe picks usually come from big schools.

Hinrich/Draft Pick
Hughes/Thabo
Deng/Nocioni
Gooden/Tyrus/Arthur
Noah/Gray

We have enough solid and safe big men that will never get to the All-Star level. If we draft or sign a big man that won't dominate, everyone will just complain for another year while that big man has a solid but unspectacular year, and the next year we will want another big man....

Any big guy we get had better be an All-Star, otherwise go for a fast point guard that knows how to distribute. Everyone agrees that we need one star to go with the role players we have now, and that nobody currently on the team has that star potential. If we don't strike gold in the lottery, then we had better package anything we can to get the star player we need. Otherwise we will keep going through the same cycle year after year.

I only see three potential studs in this draft: Beasley, Rose, and Lopez. Nobody else can help this franchise turn it around, so maybe we should follow the Suns idea of trading our first round pick this year (ala the Deng trade, not trading away for money).
Old 04-05-2008, 11:25 PM   #7
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

95% positive that Kevin Love will be the pick. He fits Paxson's love of college winners that are too limited to be a difference maker in the league.

Love is basically the Deng of PF. He'll be in a Bulls uniform next season.(If he declares)
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:37 PM   #8
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here

Brook Lopez or Kevin Love. And if the Bulls get a better draft pick, then they should draft Beasly or Rose and then get rid of some of their guards.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:02 AM   #9
dak121
College superstar

1) Darrell Arthur
2) Kevin Love

Drafting either of these guys will allow Paxson to ship Thomas off for another 1st rounder.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:05 PM   #10
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
1) Darrell Arthur
2) Kevin Love

Drafting either of these guys will allow Paxson to ship Thomas off for another 1st rounder.

I don't think either of those guys will be better than Thomas is now. If you are going to trade him, why not trade TT and our first rounder to move up in the first round or get an All-Star player?
Old 04-08-2008, 10:07 PM   #11
dak121
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
I don't think either of those guys will be better than Thomas is now. If you are going to trade him, why not trade TT and our first rounder to move up in the first round or get an All-Star player?

Thomas can't even get numbers against the D-league all-star Heat. The guy has done basically nothing this entire season.

Until further notice, Thomas is a bust. Simple as that. He's a clueless, stupid ballplayer.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:55 AM   #12
deiv
Can barely lace up my sneakers

deiv has an OK reputation so far

My suggest's always the same...
sign and trade for deng
and pick this guy:
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Gallinari-535/

he's such a talented player!i've seen him playing all season long here in italy!i think he's much better than the others italian players who joined NBA so far!
Forza Bulls!
deiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #13
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by deiv
My suggest's always the same...
sign and trade for deng
and pick this guy:
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Gallinari-535/

he's such a talented player!i've seen him playing all season long here in italy!i think he's much better than the others italian players who joined NBA so far!
Forza Bulls!

He isn't very quick or explosive. Bust.

17.5 points in a Euro league. Won't get it done in the NBA as an All-Star.

And as much quickness and explosivness as the players that are entering the draft now...good luck.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: