Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 11-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here
Default Question

A guy that played on my team during two summers (like 3 and 2 years ago) got signed by Lehigh University. Is that a good bball college? I only know that they play D1. He only played on my team during summer because he lives/lived in Canada, he's Serb and from my city. He attended Bluvale high school in Ontario and was the best player in his team as far as I know.
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:15 PM   #2
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation
Default Re: Question

They play in the Patriot League and are one of the better programs in that conference, but it's a low-level D-I conference. Kenpom.com had it ranked No. 27 of 33 Division I conferences last year.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:23 PM   #3
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

What's the competition type? How many teams from every conference advance to "playoffs" or whatever?
Old 11-15-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That conference only gets one team into the NCAA tourney every year, the conferene tournament champion. I can't recall there being a year they were good enough to get an at-large bid into the tourney.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
What's the competition type? How many teams from every conference advance to "playoffs" or whatever?
The 8 conference teams have a year end tournament, they're seeded according to record of course. Then the winner of that advances to the big NCAA tournament with 68 teams (starting this year). You get into the NCAA tournament by either winning your conference (31 of them), or being selected as a sort of "best of the rest" at large bid to fill it out by a committee. Teams in small conferences like the Patriot League pretty rarely get in w/o winning their conference, maybe never.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:55 AM   #6
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Wasn't Leigh U in the tourney last year? If not, I'm pretty sure they were a 16 seed recently.
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #7
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

I just found out that one more guy that played on my team during the summer plays for Stanford. He's originally from Serbia, but lives in Canada so he was here during the summer break.
Is Stanford any good? I mean for basketball.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: