Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-02-2008, 03:28 PM   #16
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How about having Classic/Old school forum?

Quote:
Do you really think a lack of knowledge is going stop some of the idiots from posting? Half the posters now, have no idea what they are talking about, but that doesn't stop them from making ridiculous threads/posts/arguments that hold little to no truth/value.

If a Classic/Old School Forum were to be made then I garuntee that alot of threads will be "(Legendary player here) vs (modern player here)" followed by some of the most nauseating crap ever seen.
I guess there would have to be pretty damn good mods, then. And lots of them. There would be cons and ups and downs, but I don't think it would end up as chaotic as the NBA forum.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:38 PM   #17
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
I guess there would have to be pretty damn good mods, then. And lots of them. There would be cons and ups and downs, but I don't think it would end up as chaotic as the NBA forum.
It may not be as chaotic as the NBA forum. But, there will certainly be posters attemting to troll the forum and make arguments that hold no value.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:58 PM   #18
Lakerfan1-Iceland
Kids at the park dunk on me

Lakerfan1-Iceland has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
It may not be as chaotic as the NBA forum. But, there will certainly be posters attemting to troll the forum and make arguments that hold no value.

Hei nice to see this thread still here
But KebabStall arent there trolls and ignorant posters on every forum?
The classic forum most likely would not be as hectic and crazy as the main forum is sometimes.
Me personally i used to post some here a few years back and everynow and then i get into discussions on the main board but thats mostly about a current game or a current hot topic but most of the time i dont feel like bothering with some of the MANY dumb witted posters on here and some amazingly ridiculus claims.

A Classic forum me thinks would mostly have posters who genuenly care about the game and history and feel like having good debates or discussions.

For instance i just got finished watchin the whole 1987 finals all 6 games, i had only seen games 4 and 6 from that series before and just started watchin the whole 1985 series, am half way through game 3 in LA. I had newer seen the Lakers losses and some of the wins from those years.
And watchin those games MAN that was some good basketball!

Really fun also just seeing how the refs were callin the game diffirent back then, like in game 2 in 1985 Bob Mcadoo and Kevin Mchale basically got into a fist fight and showing everyone jumped of the bench and things were cracy, what did the refs do? Called a double foul, no free throws or technicals just talked to them and the game went on

I would love to be able to come here log into a classic forum and join some discussions about this there!
I know creating a topic about this here it would maybe last 2-6 hours or so before some dimwit would come with something about MJ,Kobe or Lebron or it would get bumped down to page 3-4.

How about it Jeff? It shouldn be so hard to create a Classic forum now would it?
Lakerfan1-Iceland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:06 PM   #19
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

mjbulls23 has an OK reputation so far

good idea

but I get the feeling it won't be long before the trolls spam it with the "Kobe vs ____" threads
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:11 PM   #20
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

There'd have to be a fairly tough minded moderator and we'd have to do without the comparison threads (because ultimately they don't really go any where). Again, I like the idea even if I am a little skeptical on whether it could work.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:07 PM   #21
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerfan1-Iceland
Hei nice to see this thread still here
But KebabStall arent there trolls and ignorant posters on every forum?
The classic forum most likely would not be as hectic and crazy as the main forum is sometimes.

Me personally i used to post some here a few years back and everynow and then i get into discussions on the main board but thats mostly about a current game or a current hot topic but most of the time i dont feel like bothering with some of the MANY dumb witted posters on here and some amazingly ridiculus claims.

A Classic forum me thinks would mostly have posters who genuenly care about the game and history and feel like having good debates or discussions.

i think by having a separate forum, it would minimize the knucklehead trolls

btw, i dont know if the mods are just limited to certain forums, but i would be willing to mod. as the current sonic mod, things are VERY slow there...
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:08 PM   #22
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
There'd have to be a fairly tough minded moderator and we'd have to do without the comparison threads (because ultimately they don't really go any where). Again, I like the idea even if I am a little skeptical on whether it could work.

that describes me well
Old 04-02-2008, 08:20 PM   #23
Lakerfan1-Iceland
Kids at the park dunk on me

Lakerfan1-Iceland has an OK reputation so far

Go for it Ranier get Jeff and the guys to start this forum up :)
Lakerfan1-Iceland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:18 AM   #24
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerfan1-Iceland
Go for it Ranier get Jeff and the guys to start this forum up :)

i sent jeff a msg and wo i guess we will wait and see what happens
Old 04-03-2008, 11:24 AM   #25
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hopefully Jeff comes through with the old school forum. Hopefully I can keep the Andrew Toney troll within in check.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:09 PM   #26
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've thought about it and even though I can see this new forum (if it happens) become infested with trolls, I'd really like to have one. Just look at some the crap that's being posted now, nothing but shyte on the front page.

I live by the rule of, if you don't see a thread that intrigues you, then don't click on it. That has resulted in me only clicking on about 3 threads today just because of the trash that is being spewed out.

There's about 5 threads on one damn topic and people keep bumping them all up instead of just posting their ideas in one thread.

Rant over, sorry for rambling on like that. *Waits for the expected replies from the ishiots*

Anyway, I think this forum would be a good idea, it would provide good discusson for the posters who witness the era and also posters who know their stuff about the older eras. But, it will also offer, posters like me, an insight to the game and history of basketball to help further their knowledge and understanding of the history.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:23 PM   #27
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bump. So is this gonna happen?
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:41 PM   #28
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope so, maybe the Old School forum will draw back some of the older more knowledgeable posters who don't post here anymore.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #29
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I hope so, maybe the Old School forum will draw back some of the older more knowledgeable posters who don't post here anymore.

I don't know about this, but for sure it will attract some new knowledgable posters, instead of just new random 18-year olds.
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:20 PM   #30
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Wouldn't it be easier for the eight of us to just PM each other all the time.
No because there are some of us who don't actively participate in those conversations, but still love to read them. Compared to psileas or you my knowledge in league history is rather limited, but precisely because of that I enjoy the history talk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psileas
By creating a history forum, only people who actually care a bit will mind to perform a little more clicking (see: OT threads), not just any random Joe.
I like more this idea. Of course, there can't be such a thing as a troll-free board, but hopefully they could be limited with the help of some deserving mod, plus some threads that are quickly buried here may last longer.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: