Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-19-2006, 04:24 AM   #31
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

IMHO: Little Nate will surprise everyone. He is small but his speed, quickness, athleticism and drive makes up a lot!
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:27 PM   #32
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Nate

So basically you Nate lovers are looking at him more for potential than for right now? So I ask you, what potential does a 5'9" guy with no point guard skills posess and why exactly should we wait for him to attain the skills he should already have? You invest in 7 footers in hopes the develop because theres a shortage. Not in 5'9" players. The average guy working in the post office or best buy is that height. Why are we investing so much time in a guy who at the peak of his game will be like robert pack? If he acquires everything we hope he will, which he probably wont because he looked worst in the summer league to me than in his rookie season, he still will be a 5'9" point guard. If that's the case, we could have sought after Sebastian Telfair, who HAS alot of point guard skills and actually can run a team NOW.Nate robinson is nothing more than a miniature version of Chris Anderson.A dunking fool.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:39 PM   #33
KF4L
Banned

KF4L has no real reputation yet.

Good post, I agree about Nate, but I wouldn't have said it so harshly.
KF4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:38 PM   #34
Tru Baller 209
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Tru Baller 209 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
So basically you Nate lovers are looking at him more for potential than for right now? So I ask you, what potential does a 5'9" guy with no point guard skills posess and why exactly should we wait for him to attain the skills he should already have? You invest in 7 footers in hopes the develop because theres a shortage. Not in 5'9" players. The average guy working in the post office or best buy is that height. Why are we investing so much time in a guy who at the peak of his game will be like robert pack? If he acquires everything we hope he will, which he probably wont because he looked worst in the summer league to me than in his rookie season, he still will be a 5'9" point guard. If that's the case, we could have sought after Sebastian Telfair, who HAS alot of point guard skills and actually can run a team NOW.Nate robinson is nothing more than a miniature version of Chris Anderson.A dunking fool.

I definately agree with your post. People also fail to mention that Nate Robinson is a defensive liabilty. Just like earl boykins, opposing PG's are going to post him up time and time again into submission. On offense he will play like a SG but on defense he will have to guard the opposing PG. I think that is why we drafted Mardy Collins. He can play like a PG on offense and guard the opposing SG on defense. This allows Nate to play like the SG that he is. I would have liked to trade Nate for a scrappy real PG like Jarret Jack. Or perhaps a veteran PG like Eric snow, in some combination of players. This way that veteran PG could help mentor Mardy Collins who i think can be a good PG. Btw, i completely disagree with the fact that the NBA is a show business. As far as i'm concerned the NBA players are professional basketball players. They are supposed to be an example of how pure basketball is supposed to be played. That is why i would pay money to see them play. It's almost a learning experience. If i wanna watch entertaining basketball then I'll wait till the Harlem Globetrotters are in town. Apparently Isiah Thomas disagrees with me and actually supports Nate. That was Larry's biggest problem with Nate, and to be honest i think he was absolutely verified.
Tru Baller 209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:56 PM   #35
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

One of the best point guards to ever play the game was only a few inches taller. That's 6'1" Isaiah Thomas.

Nate's got speed, heart and a tremendous vertical leap. He is usually not a liability on D. In fact, I expect that his ability to change the tempo of the game, get steals and force turnovers will surprise everyone this season.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:08 AM   #36
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

So what is your opinion?
Old 09-05-2006, 03:23 PM   #37
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Any other opinions - or are we done with this?
Old 09-05-2006, 03:37 PM   #38
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

did you really need 2 post to say what is your opinion lol..
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:20 PM   #39
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
did you really need 2 post to say what is your opinion lol..

I'm trying to keep the thread alive. Are you a mod here?
Old 08-28-2007, 10:17 PM   #40
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Little Nate

When I look at Nate Robinson, I think of Calvin Murphy. He was a 5'9 shooting guard back in the 1970's but Calvin Murphy scored and passed the ball. I think Nate wil improve over time not saying he will be like Calvin Murphy but he has the potential.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:30 AM   #41
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

If you look down on the front page you will see that he is a mod.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:20 AM   #42
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize

So funny when one person throws out a harsh opinion all the otha ppl start hoppin on the bandwagon. Some are true but i think ur nuts if u think he shouldnt be in the league. Comparing REGULAR guys to him is pretty unreasonable. Ppl who work in best buy and guys like me and u prolly arent even 1/3 of the athlete that he is.
I dont think hes the savior at all. And I'm up in the air about him bein traded but all i know is...
The guy is small, heart of a lion, quickest guy on our team bar none, prolly our second most efficient shooter, and is ATLEAST trying to work hard and improve his game. All of these things are facts.
His defense can get better and he has the tools to cause havoc.
The kid looked MUCH better in SL. Look at his assists from the prior 2 seasons. Both reg season and SL. both dont compare to this year. Overall hes doing what hes supposed to..GIVE FORTH EFFORT to trying to be a better player. Thats all u can ask for.

AGAIN..hes not the savior but all u guys are a lil drastic comparing him to me and u and implying he shouldnt be in the league. This kid has the tools just needs the right carpenter thats all.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #43
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well I'm 5'8" and I could dunk in HS. Should I expect the Knicks to sign me tomorrow? Basically all I was saying is we are investing in someone who's maximum potential still isn't much. It's like when I moved down here in VA from NY to go to school. These country boys down here will put 23 inch rims on a rusty station wagon. Then they will put flip out screens, tv's in the headrest, speakers, amps, etc. $h!t I have seen a dude put Lamborghini doors on a 200 nissan altima. @ the end of the day, it's never gonna be a Lamborghini. Just like @ the end of the day Nate's never gonna be a real pg and @ 5'9" even if he were to become one, it really wouldn't serve us any purpose.

p.s. Nate is no Calvin Murphy and definitely no Zeke. Furthermore, these guys both knew how to play coming out of college. They weren't just athletes that ran around like chickens with their heads cut off.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:58 PM   #44
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

I don't think Nate will ever be a starter.

But he's a good player coming off the bench and makes a team deep.

He has special talents that not everyone has, he's fearless and has courage.

That means a lot and helps team chemistry if channeled and controlled. It's a team and a team is made up of many different personalities and skills.

I think he has improved every year in the league and that's what you look for in a young player, hard work and constant improvement.

Who knows what kind of player he can be in a few more years. He may never more than what he is or he may turn out to be a really special player coming off the bench and doing special things only he can do.

Some times you don't realize how much a player brings to a team until he's gone even though he's only a role player.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:16 PM   #45
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I'm sorry.When you a sub-par team who hasn't made the playoffs, why are you investing in a guy who you said yourself is never gonna be starting pg worthy? just don't see the logic behind developing someone who's peak is decency. Yet the same ppl that rant and rave about this guy can justify bashing Marbury who @ his worst is still way better than Nate ever will be. Fortunately for us, there are GM's that probably would value Nate as much as some of you guys do. Instead of us capitalizing on this and getting a much needed shot blocker or reliable 2 guard and making Crawford a dangerous 6th man, we invest in a guy who will never be an influence in whether we make it to the playoffs or not. Let's face it, if we made it, whether Nate played to his full potential every night or not, it wouldn't be because of him.I don't hate the guy, I just don't see his purpose on our team.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: