Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 09-10-2006, 01:29 PM   #31
riggz_01
Can barely lace up my sneakers

riggz_01 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Here's my take on the upcoming season. The knicks will make the playoffs. here's why. First the have motivation. LB basically called them all bums. He wanted to trade them all. The only player on the team who's team gets better when he leaves them is marbury. With Zeke coaching, Marbury will be motivated to get the job done night after night. Expected 20 pts, 5 boards, 10 assists. By the way his stats last seaon with LB was quite similar. He will rise up this year.(come,come haters). Q doesn't fit on this team at all. Has no trade value, plus he sucked up to LB which made things worse for him. Last years rookies will get good minutes this year since they don't have a "young kids need to watch and learn but don't play "coach like they did last year. We won't have to see 43 different starting line-ups like last year either. we already know who starts night in and night out now. LB tried to lose by blowing up his teams confidence. When a player gets on the floor and has to worry about what his coach is thinking about him how can you play anywhere close to your potential? Nate, channing, and david lee will thrive this years because the leash will be off so they can play loose. Steve francis will be "sixth man of the year". here come my starting lineup.........

C Eddy Curry
PF Channing Frye
SF Jared Jefferies
SG Jamal Crawford
PG Stephon Marbury

Sixth man Steve Francis(to back up both guard spots). The rest of the rotation will be lee, balkman(so he can get about 10 minutes of game experience), nate robinson to change the tempo of the game. Jalen won't play none. he should be the locker room motivator. i don't think marty collins will play hardly any this year. q won't play either. JJ may get a few mintues depending on his on his game shape.(tsk,tsk). Malik will back up the bigs.

LETS GO KNICKS!!!!!!!

Stephon wont share the ball that's for sure. His career stats is more important to him than the team as a whole. Marbury i think is the only other player to have average more than 20 ppg and 8 astpg other than Oscar Robertson. and i think if sacrificing means losing that kind of company, I dont think starbury's up for that. And dude what do you mean Steve Francis will be sixth man. He'll be demanding for a trade if ever that happens with him coming of tha bench. Sorry Guys but get real. Im beting the Knicks might get lucky the first few games in terms of making the games competitive, But im betting the knicks will be at the bottom of the league for the next 3 or four years because of all these Huge contract that are untradable... Dont get angry at me. get angry at Isiah thomas!

The only thing positive with the Knicks right now is Jared Jeffries period. But im scared that he wont be able to shine because Marbury is the most self centred Player in the world.
riggz_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:43 PM   #32
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggz_01
Stephon wont share the ball that's for sure. His career stats is more important to him than the team as a whole. Marbury i think is the only other player to have average more than 20 ppg and 8 astpg other than Oscar Robertson. and i think if sacrificing means losing that kind of company, I dont think starbury's up for that. And dude what do you mean Steve Francis will be sixth man. He'll be demanding for a trade if ever that happens with him coming of tha bench. Sorry Guys but get real. Im beting the Knicks might get lucky the first few games in terms of making the games competitive, But im betting the knicks will be at the bottom of the league for the next 3 or four years because of all these Huge contract that are untradable... Dont get angry at me. get angry at Isiah thomas!

The only thing positive with the Knicks right now is Jared Jeffries period. But im scared that he wont be able to shine because Marbury is the most self centred Player in the world.

Another Knick hater! Gee, just what we needed.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:09 AM   #33
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Internet has an OK reputation so far

Why would you call him a knick hater? He made some good points and did it in a nice way... he even said sorry, where was the hate???

Last edited by Internet : 09-11-2006 at 02:12 AM.
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:02 AM   #34
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:

That's why you call him a knick hater, he doesn't no nothing
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:19 AM   #35
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Internet has an OK reputation so far

He raised a good point that might well be true about marbury and gave his reasons why.... calling people a knick hater just for that is childish.

Are ppl not allowed to mention any problems there may be with the knicks? Is everything just so perfect with your team that nobody is allowed to talk about whats wrong with them?? It would be pretty boring if ppl can only say nice things about the knicks. It would be pretty quiet aswell.
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 12:48 AM   #36
goillcity
I brick open layups

goillcity has an OK reputation so far

in my opinion this is what i think new york should do
your main problem is defense and selfish guards
you guys should bench marbury if he won't play team ball
and let stevie run the point
and make sure you have multiple passes
set each other up and not set yourself up for the shot

strating linup should be
G-steve francis runing the point with marbury or crawford, if none of these guys run the point its supposed to be run start mardy collins, i know it sounds crazy but the egos of these guys will go down
humility and team effort is key
F-quentin richardson and taylor(q can shoot very well and could make a living shooting in the corner off picks from taylor jeffries and eddie)
C-curry in the middle
curry still needs to toughin up
if he's soft a couple weeks into the season bench him and start frye
curry will feel like a punk and will have to be a beast off the beanch to get his starting role
jalen rose and milik rose should do well coming off the bench
defence is a problem that shouldn't be, your guys can play d if they hustle on d, your guys are fast they should be on both sides of the floor
the knicks shouldn't play anyone because of who they are or how much their paid, play them for what they do
the knicks need to realize the talent they have won't do them any good unless they play together and hustle on d
i'd personally like to see them in the playoffs
bulls knicks rivalry is not the same with out playoff games
i don't think they'll be in this year though

Last edited by goillcity : 09-13-2006 at 04:56 PM.
goillcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:25 PM   #37
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Amazing a bulls fan would come in here. His precious bulls had to go on a close to 10 game win streak just to make the playoffs. Now they got a stick in the mud that doesn't serve any true need in today's NBA. If u like to run Ben would get un the way just like he did in Detroit. If anything the Bulls will get to keep their pick. We WILL BE BETTER!!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 06:59 PM   #38
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Chill guys, its not as if they were insulting the Knicks, you dont have to strike back with such venom. Im a die hard Knicks fan, and ill be the first to admit, these Knicks have many flaws, one of which is chemistry, the reason we sucked last year. However, this year we have a coach that all the players like, and that is the MAIN reason I believe these Knicks will be so much better. However, the Bulls ARE better then us right now, they play better defense, play like a team, and have been great the last couple of years, so, saying that we are better then them, when we had 23 wins last year, is going overboard.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:13 PM   #39
goillcity
I brick open layups

Quote:
Amazing a bulls fan would come in here. His precious bulls had to go on a close to 10 game win streak just to make the playoffs. Now they got a stick in the mud that doesn't serve any true need in today's NBA. If u like to run Ben would get un the way just like he did in Detroit. If anything the Bulls will get to keep their pick. We WILL BE BETTER!!!!

thats funny from the guy who made the bulls won't make the playoffs thread on the bulls page
and hell yeah my bulls did go 9 out a 10 to get the 7th spot in the playoffs
i didn't come on here sayin new york is hot garbage y'all are only gonna win 12 games at home
i said that it would be good to have the rivalry back
that if you guys could make the playoffs if you get your guards to play team ball
as for ben wallace being a stick in the mud and has no purpose in the nba, thats just plain dumb
you wish you had ben in the middle
detroit wishes they had ben too
you can hate on the chi all you want but we're going to have a killer squad this year
top 3 in the east

Last edited by goillcity : 09-13-2006 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:29 PM   #40
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

bulls will make the playoffs
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:25 PM   #41
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillcity
thats funny from the guy who made the bulls won't make the playoffs thread on the bulls page
and hell yeah my bulls did go 9 out a 10 to get the 7th spot in the playoffs
i didn't come on here sayin new york is hot garbage y'all are only gonna win 12 games at home
i said that it would be good to have the rivalry back
that if you guys could make the playoffs if you get your guards to play team ball
as for ben wallace being a stick in the mud and has no purpose in the nba, thats just plain dumb
you wish you had ben in the middle
detroit wishes they had ben too
you can hate on the chi all you want but we're going to have a killer squad this year
top 3 in the east

Top 3??? So you really believe that having Ben on your roster is gonna get you an extra 15 wins? Because Miami will get 55 wins, And Detroit in my belief will win more than the 64 they got last year (Possibly 66). Nazr will fit in better because he moves without the ball and is a decent rebounder. And Cleveland slumped through parts of the season and still got 50 wins. Honestly I ddon't see you winnings any more games with ben in the line-up and your 41-41 won't cut it this year!!!!
Old 09-15-2006, 02:16 AM   #42
goillcity
I brick open layups

Quote:
Top 3??? So you really believe that having Ben on your roster is gonna get you an extra 15 wins? Because Miami will get 55 wins, And Detroit in my belief will win more than the 64 they got last year (Possibly 66). Nazr will fit in better because he moves without the ball and is a decent rebounder. And Cleveland slumped through parts of the season and still got 50 wins. Honestly I ddon't see you winnings any more games with ben in the line-up and your 41-41 won't cut it this year!!!!

your a damn goon
no way will clevland will have a better season than the bulls
it doesn't matter how many wins detroit an miami have
thats only two teams we'll still be better than everyone else
meaning in the top 3
detroit mey get 55 but 64 wins is wild
it's wild that they did it last year
there is no way it will happen again
not with flip at the helm, everyone says ben hated him so much they'll be better without ben
they all hate flip
flip is garbage
you guys should have done much more under larry brown, he's an amazing coach, but your team is imature
you say ben was nowhere in the playoffs, where was rasheed, in my opinion rasheed is the worst thing for the pistons
hes a nutcase
and detroit is going to miss ben a lot more than you think
bulls will be top 3 in the east
i think the bullies may even come out with the best record in the east this season
you might as well jump on the bandwagon now
bears are winning it all this year too
riots in the streets of chicago

Last edited by goillcity : 09-15-2006 at 04:54 AM.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:45 AM   #43
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillcity
your a damn goon
no way will clevland will have a better season than the bulls
it doesn't matter how many wins detroit an miami have
thats only two teams we'll still be better than everyone else
meaning in the top 3
detroit mey get 55 but 64 wins is wild
it's wild that they did it last year
there is no way it will happen again
not with flip at the helm, everyone says ben hated him so much they'll be better without ben
they all hate flip
flip is garbage
you guys should have done much more under larry brown, he's an amazing coach, but your team is imature
you say ben was nowhere in the playoffs, where was rasheed, in my opinion rasheed is the worst thing for the pistons
hes a nutcase
and detroit is going to miss ben a lot more than you think
bulls will be top 3 in the east
i think the bullies may even come out with the best record in the east this season
you might as well jump on the bandwagon now
bears are winning it all this year too
riots in the streets of chicago

He's delusional.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:31 AM   #44
DinoMite!
Can barely lace up my sneakers

DinoMite! has an OK reputation so far

I think the Bulls will be 1 of the top 3 in the East. It will be them Miami, Detroit in whatever order. IMO i still think Lebron will finish 4th, they didn't make any improvements...

Knicks will be much improved from last year, with a consistent line-up and a more up tempo offence...but to think they will make the play-offs it's not going to happen this year, they would need 40 wins in the east thats almost doubling last years output...

They have some good slashers, runs, but they are weak on the boards (exception of Frye/Lee)...so if they can't rebound missed shots they can't run...plus they don't have any real good outside shooters...
DinoMite! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:13 AM   #45
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

I give the Knicks at least three years to get back into the playoffs by barely making it as an eight seed, considering how other teams develop. Remember there's the Celtics, Sixers, and Magic that will be fighting for that last spot. For the Knicks to make the playoffs next year isn't even close to being realistic. The best I see the Knicks improving next year is 33 wins, 10 more than last year. It will be a gradual process before they get back in the groove. You saw how long it took the Bulls and the Wizards to get back into the playoff picture after the late 90's until about two to three years ago. In all honesty lets not use the Knicks and playoffs in the same sentence, first they have some rebuilding to do. This year the Eastern Conference should be better overall.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: