Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-03-2008, 01:07 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Will lakers extend Odom?

Quote:
Kupchak also said the team would like to re-sign restricted free agents Sasha Vujacic and Ronny Turiaf, although he hedged somewhat when asked if Lamar Odom would receive a contract extension this summer. Odom, 28, has one more season and $14.1 million left on his contract.

"We want to see how we perform in the playoffs, what the market is like this summer, and most important, how successful our team will be in the playoffs," Kupchak said.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/printe...5.story?page=2

I think something will be done about odom's contract.

I know it might be too early to predict this but we're already over the luxury tax, we might choose to keep him just for his expirer then sign him for less money?

The options are endless. We should probably wait until later to discuss this.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:22 PM   #2
GMW
Local High School Star

GMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Will lakers extend Odom?

We shouldn't rush any decisions on him, he will be a huge asset next season, both because of his big expiring contract and his value as a player. Lets wait and see what possibilities come up.

and like Mitch said, his performance in the playoffs will be key.
GMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
andredpg
I airball my layups

andredpg has an OK reputation so far

kupchak is right, we should wait and see how odom will cooperate with kobe+gasol+bynum.
play-off will be the time when odom will fight (will he?) for his future in lakers
he could be usefull, if he proves so in then he could get a solid extension.
if not, he will be traded as a exp contract.
andredpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #4
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people

I thought Odom wanted to retire at 28. Anyways, I was wanting to trade him in the past, but quite frankly not anymore, lol.

I think he's just going to get even better when both drew and pau are in there. Man I can't wait to see that.

sasha sucked until pay day then turns into the machine.
odom hasn't yet been worth his paycheck until he's up for a renewal.
luke was what, top 3 in the league last year for 3's ? something like that.

Buss is gonna be Mr. Deep Pockets for awhile to come.
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:49 PM   #5
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Really its all on the playoffs. He does bad, he out, if he does good and we good deep, he will stay
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:40 PM   #6
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool
Cool Re: Will lakers extend Odom?

Odom will be traded to Washington Done Deal!!!

mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip

loool

Man if we could get Gilbert here, that would be awesome!
Old 04-03-2008, 04:13 PM   #8
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
loool

Man if we could get Gilbert here, that would be awesome!

I think Odom will have break out year over there!! Move Odom to a team like Chicago New York The Nets or Washington!!! Odom will average 20+ Pt's 10+ reb's 6-8 assists!!!

I do think a-lot of Odom just not sure on this team, even thou he has played great the last few games, he's too inconsistent but ya da play-off will determine his future!!!! But not what most think!!! If he prove him-self in da play-off!!! Even when we win it all!!!! That's da time to trade, when his value is at his peak!!! Time &Time again we see players step up during contract year!!!!! Is Odom worth da same value as Gasol!! They get paid the same!! And I still believe Odom will be demanding more money!!!!

Also I like to day dream of the rare possibilities that we can trade for Gilbert and sign Artest for Mid-level or something!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 05:11 PM   #9
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip

PG: Fisher

SG: AgentZero

SF: Bryant

PF: Gasol

C: Bynum

=
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:23 PM   #10
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN

=

Not a good deal. Kobe and Arenas shoot a lot as it is with their teams. When Arenas was healthy, he shot like 21 times per game. Kobe himself shoots just as much. I don't see both of them sacrificing shots based on their egos that I have noticed. Arenas may if he was asked to but you know Kobe. Kobe was always my favorite player and stuff but the reality of the situation is that you can't tell him what to do unfortunately. Even Phil doesn't yell at him during games like he does with Radman, etc. I guess Phil knows he can't tell Kobe to shoot less or what he should do. Kobe's ego is too large for anybody to tell him what to do.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:50 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Not a good deal. Kobe and Arenas shoot a lot as it is with their teams. When Arenas was healthy, he shot like 21 times per game. Kobe himself shoots just as much. I don't see both of them sacrificing shots based on their egos that I have noticed. Arenas may if he was asked to but you know Kobe. Kobe was always my favorite player and stuff but the reality of the situation is that you can't tell him what to do unfortunately. Even Phil doesn't yell at him during games like he does with Radman, etc. I guess Phil knows he can't tell Kobe to shoot less or what he should do. Kobe's ego is too large for anybody to tell him what to do.

Phil approaches everyone a different way. Since Kobe has the biggest ego, Phil has to approach him differently and let his actions do more of the talking.

For example, Phil wont criticize Kobe in front of his teammates because Kobe is the leader and he feels like he is, so when teammates find their leader being scolded by Phil they wont have as much respect for him and Kobe wouldn't listen to phil if thats the case.

So instead of yelling, Phil will bench Kobe for an extra few minutes, which kills Kobe inside and makes him want to change what he was doing. Where as if someone not as important as Kobe keeps shooting, Phil can show them by not playing them in some games, or even yelling at them in front of the whole arena.

Everyone responds differently. Kwame Brown was probably the most failed experiment from Phil because Kwames confidence was already low as he always believed what people would say about him.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:54 PM   #12
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There you guys go again... "AgentZero" is your player now... fill out the lineup card without even thinking if he would fit into the Lakers system with the personnel they have... personally, for the Lakers needs, Arenas is NOT the answer. If ANYTHING, they need to go after a true 3 more than anything... that is if they decide that LO is not the right fit (which I find hard to believe).

Personally, I think they will be able to get LO for a bargain price as he wants to retire in LA and he knows his current market value is more in the $6-$9M range.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:05 PM   #13
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Personally, I think they will be able to get LO for a bargain price as he wants to retire in LA and he knows his current market value is more in the $6-$9M range.
you me and bleedin feel the same way...
the only place i could see the lakers being able to move odom too would be knicks or nets...
odom has already said that he'd retire before he played in another city... he likes LA, has business interests here, new york is his home, also he love's basketball but it's not his only pupose in life....

so yeah, 9 10 million possibly or he'd agree to a sign and trade to one of the teams i mentioned
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:14 PM   #14
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
There you guys go again... "AgentZero" is your player now... fill out the lineup card without even thinking if he would fit into the Lakers system with the personnel they have... personally, for the Lakers needs, Arenas is NOT the answer. If ANYTHING, they need to go after a true 3 more than anything... that is if they decide that LO is not the right fit (which I find hard to believe).

Well if we can resign under 10 mil then hell that be cool!!! Some how I think he may ask for more!!! Maybe try to get a sign & trade and get paid!!! 14 to 16 range or as low as 12 mil!!! But if he wants to win take less!!!

Quote:
If ANYTHING, they need to go after a true 3 more than anything... that is if they decide that LO is not the right fit (which I find hard to believe).

Ya like Artest!!!!
But anyway getting a player like Gilbert, is a plus One of da Laker's true problems is PG position not only now but the Future!! Even when we have all our bigs will can't afford to to get them into foul trouble!!! But ya we need a defensive minded PG!!! How Arenas D'?!!!!!! And Fisher is geating younger!!! And Farmar is getting older!!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 09:15 PM   #15
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN

=

Do I think Arenas would fit L.A. system? Umm..No

Would I receive a smile if regardless of that, the lakers still sign him? Yes

Im just glad that regardless of what occurs in Lakerland...one certain thing is that its never boring
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: