Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 03-25-2008, 10:47 PM   #1
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation
Default NBA Street Vol. 2

I've played numerous basketball video games, from NBA Live 97 to NBA Jam to 2K8 to Live 2005 to pretty much everything in between, and this game - NBA Street Vol. 2 - is the best basketball video game I've ever played. It's simply the most fun game you can ever play. I should also mention I've played both NBA Street and Street V3, but not NBA Street Homecourt. The moves you can pull off in Street Vol. 2 are just phenomenal from the dunks to passes to blocks to shots to dribbles, etc. Plus it has really good music. It is just the most fun you'll have with a basketball video game (in my opinion). I'm playing it right now on the PS2 and I would say it's the best game I have for the system. This is just some appreciation for the game.

ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #2
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: NBA Street Vol. 2

Yes, for me this was the true succesor to NBA Jam, the best arcade basketball game out there.

I had Homecourt too, and it can't touch this. They really need to go back to that earlier NBA street style, could be really dope with an online mode.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:19 AM   #3
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

YES OMG!! best bball game ever especially the competitiveness when u had a gamebreaker going for gamebreaker to, then the person ur vsing cancels it. then u punch him in the face. **** this game brings back memories.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:04 AM   #4
El Seano
Hey Boston! **** you!

El Seano has an OK reputation so far

What a game, I liked this so much I completed the career mode 4 times, building up your character was great. This was the last one with good street legends too. Bonafide, Stretch and the coolest one that only ever appeared in this game, Osmosis. Introduced the head pass, the backboard pass, the kick pass, bobbito garcia, had a great amount of nba legends too. In fact this is probably in my top 10 games of all time.

DAMN YOU, now I'm gonna have to go wire up the ps2 and play this again!
El Seano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:53 AM   #5
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

best thing was having a team of 3 jordans. do u want to hear a 3 on 3 match that always went on forever between me and my bro.

my bro had: shaq, jordan 85 and tracy mcgrady.

me: wilt, jordan 96 and kobe bryant.

it was like watching the most epic battle.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:36 PM   #6
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

GOAT video game, I was addicted to NBA Street Vol. 1, then 2 came out, bit better graphics, updated rosters and a much better game play. Then NBA Street came out, and that **** was just plain wack. Didn't they have Super Mario and Peach in it, and other Nintendo characters? Don't get me started on 4...
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:24 AM   #7
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

OlDeRaDo_64 has an OK reputation so far

Did anyone here even like NBA Homecourt??i hated it, was really crap i thought srsly disapointed when i bought it and turned out to be so bad
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:27 AM   #8
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDeRaDo_64
Did anyone here even like NBA Homecourt??i hated it, was really crap i thought srsly disapointed when i bought it and turned out to be so bad
ye it was pretty horrible, especially the whole dunking with feat.

however i do like the street version on psp it has updated rosters and songs but has the gameplay of street vol.2
Old 04-04-2008, 09:24 PM   #9
D Domino31
I airball my layups

D Domino31 has an OK reputation so far

Man this game was fun.
D Domino31 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: