Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-14-2006, 02:59 PM   #16
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by allball
You guys are making much ado about nothing. Carmelo is a nice player and he has scored well so far but saying his is the best game for international play is overreaching. A guy who has more career turnovers than assists does not necessarily an international style player make.
That doesn't negate the fact that his game fits better in International style, then LeBron or Wade. Travels don't count as points. If they did, LeBron and Wade would be the leading scorers. Melo has some pure basketball skills, that are more readily taken advantage of in the International Game. Mainly, having a very good and consistent jump shot. But don't act as if Melo can't hold his own in the NBA. He is one of the best small forwards in the league. He's an impact player, wherever he is. Fans just have to come to grips, that LeBron and Wade - hype and referee / official bias ... aren't the best player on the team.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:21 PM   #17
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryHuman Error posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Melo's my boy. Go Melo!!!
Kobe fans tend to be Carmelo fans tend to be Marbury fans. Coincidence? I think not.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:24 PM   #18
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryHuman Error posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Well sometimes people are wrong
How?

Wade, LeBron, Arenas and Brand are inarguably better than Carmelo in the NBA. And I'd also have Joe Johnson, Hinrich, Paul, Howard and Bosh over Carmelo anyday.

The only players whom Carmelo has the clear-cut edge are Bowen and Battier.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:02 PM   #19
Ben mc
I brick open layups

Ben mc has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
Kobe fans tend to be Carmelo fans tend to be Marbury fans. Coincidence? I think not.

And your point?

im by no means a great fan of either kobe or marbury, but they are both tremendous players and i dont see how you can be so derogatory about melo purely because of this fact.

Carmelo has played the best so far for team U.S, simple as that. His game translates better to the internaltional game than LBJ's and Wades.
I love lebron and wade but when it comes down to it they are not playing nearly as well as carmelo in the international game.
Ben mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:51 PM   #20
ronron15
High School Starter

ronron15 is considered somewhat coolronron15 is considered somewhat cool
Default re

Quote:
How?

Wade, LeBron, Arenas and Brand are inarguably better than Carmelo in the NBA. And I'd also have Joe Johnson, Hinrich, Paul, Howard and Bosh over Carmelo anyday.

The only players whom Carmelo has the clear-cut edge are Bowen and Battier.

:stupid:
ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:55 PM   #21
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Quote:
I'm a Kobe fan, and I'm not a fan of Marbury. Why is there so many people on here, who feel the need to pideon hold 'fans of whoever' into one group, that are all alike. It's ignorant, and stupid. It's like stereotyping, but on a smaller level. You don't know every single Kobe fan, or every Melo fan. Your half assed hypothesis are crack induced illiusions.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: