Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 04-04-2008, 10:02 PM   #1
determined2win
I hit open layups

determined2win has an OK reputation so far
Default nervousness

so i recently joined a program called mcyp and its a community basketball team where you play etc and everyone makes the playoffs so basicalyl the games are a warm up for the playoffs. the games are played a school where it is ref'd by highschool refs and all the shots rebounds assists etc are marked down and uploaded onto their site.

well today was my first ref'd game and i pulled in a steal and that was about it. my buddies kept telling me to play rough and stuff and i kind of got nervous.. have you guys ever felt this way? if so how did you guys dealw ith it? got any tips for me? thanks!
determined2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:12 PM   #2
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: nervousness

Yeah, I think everyone felt nervous, it's understandable if it's your first time with a full boxscore. I don't know what to tell you, for me, it's experience, I was nervous in practise and in games, but then eventually was really into the practises and didn't feel anything because it's always the same people, I know what they do and I know what I can do. Then naturally after a couple years, I became really into the games as well, no tips, just get experience, keep playing and keep in mind that your not playing with future LeBrons or Kobes, just regulars, you can play with them.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:37 AM   #3
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here

Like v-unit said, just get some experience and soon enough you should be fine.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:52 AM   #4
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

OlDeRaDo_64 has an OK reputation so far

i remember my 1st ref'd game, i was a sack of nerves but i was playing with my team, my friends, my family! It was great, yeh we lost but we all played our best... something you should always do, play your best and dont let your nerves get the best of you. And im also seconding v-unit, jus play a few n ur nerves will die down... heck i have a game this sunday n i feel nervous, but i know ill play my best
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:27 AM   #5
determined2win
I hit open layups

determined2win has an OK reputation so far

when i was on the court i could see it in the other ppls eyes that they were nervous because the guy who usually is really good in practices couldnt even handle the ball well so i guess im not the only one with this problem, thanks all.
determined2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:01 PM   #6
Trajko
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Trajko has an OK reputation so far

I agree. Experience and practice are the only way
Trajko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: