Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-05-2008, 12:55 AM   #1
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here
Default Laker fans VS Kobe fans [compliments of Socal]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
why are laker fans always getting into it with each other? seems to be the theme after every game now..

Quote:
Socal: yeah, ive noticed it too... its a good question you bring up sizzle... maybe that should be a thread by itself in the Laker forum...

Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:29 AM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Laker fans VS Kobe fans [compliments of Socal]

I think this is a good thread... I was thinking about it and the only downside is that there are quite a few so-called Laker fans that do not or hardly ever post in ths forum, so it will be interesting to see who emerges to participate.

It is very interesting that there is a division this way. I noticed fans that love the Lakers more than Kobe arguing and vice versa.

So, what does it mean to be a true fan of a team? Is it okay to like a player more than the team they are on?

I will kick it off:

For me, while I enjoy the skills of individual players, I have always maintained that the Team is more important than any one individual on the team and it is the Team that wins championships and not the individual.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

i kinda agree with socal, this past summer i was talking with a few friends about basketball-the lakers-kobe drama and i flat out told them if he goes to another team, although id like him to good, when his team plays the lakers, im rooting for the lakers

furthermore, it would be nice for kobe to get the MVP [which is what i feel these last 6 games will decide] but on the whole i just wana get a parade here in LA!
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #4
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

It's all about the team. How can you be a fan of a team if your just rooting for one or two players to succeed? When those players are gone, do you follow them? I bet half our Laker fan base would have been Bulls fans if that trade went down last summer. Shaq was my all time fav player, when he left, I cursed the day he was born

Its all about whats written on the front side of the jersey and the colors, not whose name is on the back.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #5
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Here is my take....it is simple.

It's all about whats on front of the jersey then the back.
Has and will always be.

Even if Magic (I dread the thought) ever left the Lakers and played on another team against the Lakers guess who I will be rooting for.

Does not mean I got no love for Magic or other individual players...I just have my loyalties to the purple and gold. And I think thats what being a Laker fan is all about.

This team has been to the post season 55 out of 60 years. 27 division titles and 14 world championships. A host of Laker greats are in the hall etc.

You see....players come and go but the Lakers will always be there every season. With a new cast of players to back and root for every year. And this franchise has put a successful product out 55 times out of 60.

Now I have no problem with people who root for a certain player over a team etc. It's just not the way I roll....to each his or hers own. That doesn't mean I don't like individual players because I do. I consider myself a LeBron fan...a Reggie Miller fan....I also like Baron Davis, Shaq, Paul Peirce, A.I., Dirk etc. But of course any of those players become the enemy when it comes to my team.

I think there is more honor to stick to your team rather then a player.

Peace.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:11 PM   #6
Jorn444Lakers
Local High School Star

Jorn444Lakers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Here is my take....it is simple.

It's all about whats on front of the jersey then the back.
Has and will always be.

Even if Magic (I dread the thought) ever left the Lakers and played on another team against the Lakers guess who I will be rooting for.

Does not mean I got no love for Magic or other individual players...I just have my loyalties to the purple and gold. And I think thats what being a Laker fan is all about.

This team has been to the post season 55 out of 60 years. 27 division titles and 14 world championships. A host of Laker greats are in the hall etc.

You see....players come and go but the Lakers will always be there every season. With a new cast of players to back and root for every year. And this franchise has put a successful product out 55 times out of 60.

Now I have no problem with people who root for a certain player over a team etc. It's just not the way I roll....to each his or hers own. That doesn't mean I don't like individual players because I do. I consider myself a LeBron fan...a Reggie Miller fan....I also like Baron Davis, Shaq, Paul Peirce, A.I., Dirk etc. But of course any of those players become the enemy when it comes to my team.

I think there is more honor to stick to your team rather then a player.

Peace.

I agree with all of that. It's all about the purple and gold and the "Lakers" logo on the front of the jersey. Players come and go, but i'll always love the lakers.

I will say this though: I do find myself defending and sticking up for kobe in the nba forum because he is a laker. And because he's been a laker ALMOST as long as i've been a laker fan (been a fan for about 12 years) I feel really attached to him, and he has become my favorite player.

But just like i thought i would never see shaq go, it happened, and i'm still bleeding purple and gold
Jorn444Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:59 PM   #7
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn444Lakers
I agree with all of that. It's all about the purple and gold and the "Lakers" logo on the front of the jersey. Players come and go, but i'll always love the lakers.

I will say this though: I do find myself defending and sticking up for kobe in the nba forum because he is a laker. And because he's been a laker ALMOST as long as i've been a laker fan (been a fan for about 12 years) I feel really attached to him, and he has become my favorite player.

But just like i thought i would never see shaq go, it happened, and i'm still bleeding purple and gold

I feel you with the whole Kobe thing specially on these boards.
But it goes both with with Kobe you have the fanatic Kobe fans and the fanatic anti Kobe fans. The guy just draws the emotions either way from people. But he is a Laker and I'm damn happy he got his sh*t straight and stuck with our team. Of course he is my favorite player to watch etc.

Peace
Old 04-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #8
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

ok im one of those 'laker fans' who doesn't post that often.....but i do read this forum a lot. my opinion is pro TEAM all the way. ok it helps having the best offensive player in the league, but even more increacingly; either reading about or watching games id rather other players step up. As my avitar states my fav player to be Farmboy that in effect means im routing for all new young blood on the team bynum, machine (and would have ben crit)etc.

btw i was for kobe being traded pre-season but would have never falterd from my laker support. in fact i belived that we would have been a better team without him (though i would reconsider that statement now)

as for the kobe fans vs laker fans. meh theres always gona be a divide and you only know real basketball fans when they are able to openly critise the best players for example kobe shooting too much. though i do understand it does get damn annoying every week having to read these kobe vs the world threads.

Lakers all the way!!!!!

Last edited by LuppersGB : 04-07-2008 at 12:43 PM.
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:35 PM   #9
SCV42
Buck Foston

SCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this board

I think it's all about the TEAM. I am a big fan of Kobe again now that he shut his mouth and played for the TEAM that drafted him and game him the chance to be wealthy and win championships in the city with the greatest weather of any NBA city. Also, playing for Dr. Buss, who unlike many near-sighted Laker fans, is a blessing due to the fact that he sees the big picture long-term for his franchise. Teams like the Knicks make trades just for the sake of making trades and that only leads to lack of cap flexibility.

I guess, if you truly love the GAME of basketball, you should be a fan of the mechanics of an offense and defense. When a great player such as Kobe works within the realm of the x's and o's, then the player is elevated to the level of the love of the team. If Kobe was to opt out and join the F'n Spurs, you can bet the farm I sure as heck not gonna pull for San Antonio. It's all about my Lakers

Oh yeah..good thread topic!
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:40 PM   #10
ShowtymeCA2NC
Serious playground baller

ShowtymeCA2NC has an OK reputation so far

I was born into the Laker family,so this is alot deeper than Kobe,even tho he is my second fav. laker of all time..
ShowtymeCA2NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #11
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool

I'm definately a "Laker" fan first! I was a Laker fan well before Kobe, and I'll be a Laker fan long after Kobe. Yeah, Kobe is one of my favorite players, but he, alone, doesn't make the "Lakers" the "Lakers". Honestly, Kobe may end his career as being one of the best NBA players ever, BUT he'll still stand in a long line of Laker "GREATS" that were there before him, and that will be there after him!!
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:27 PM   #12
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

well after reading all that, i don't know what to call myself anymore

here's soemthing bout me:

i have been a lakers fan since i first started playing ball, and that would be the early 90s. my pop had all these showtime videos on betamax & that influenced me a lot. however i also became an orlando magic fan when shaq got drafted, i had shaq's jersey, orlando magic caps etc. i thought its all good since the two teams were on different conferences. everyone was rooting for the bulls back then and i was the odd one out. the magic were easier to cheer on because they were winning more especially when jordan retired but the lakers werent doing too bad themselves (xcept for that season before eddie jones got drafted).

when shaq signed with the lakers, i kinda became a lakers-only fan..so i guess you could call me a shaq fan heh. it was also during that time when i started collecting kobe rookie cards, though i also collected shaq, grant hill, & c-webb cards, those guys were my favorite players. but when shaq left i remained a lakers fan and didn't even root for shaq & the heat.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:29 PM   #13
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

oh and i forgot to mention that i am also a kobe fan now and want him to win the mvp this season
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:32 AM   #14
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

Big_Dogg is a pretty well-respected posterBig_Dogg is a pretty well-respected posterBig_Dogg is a pretty well-respected poster

I was a Laker fan long before Kobe, I will be a Laker fan long after Kobe.

Nuff said.
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:31 AM   #15
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
I was a Laker fan long before Kobe, I will be a Laker fan long after Kobe.

Nuff said.

Amen brother!!!!

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: