Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-13-2006, 08:23 PM   #1
gpfanz
National High School Star

gpfanz has an OK reputation so far
Lightbulb Spain trashed Argentina in Philips Cup 2006

I was in the Philips Cup 2006 in Singapore ytd & I watched Spain trashed Argentina by 20+ points with their consistant long range shooting. It was obvious Spain was very confident with their outside shooting as they keep attempting 3 pointers from the start of the game. So I was thinking if they could shoot like that consistantly they could beat any NBA teams already be it the Heats, Spurs or Pistons??
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:27 PM   #2
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

I think spain has the best team. USA better watch out. Spain has the shooters, ball handlers and superior big men to give USA fits.

Im calling here Spain wins the whole thing.

They could beat the Pistons or Heat if they played FIBA rules.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:29 PM   #3
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

i think it will be

1. USA
2. Spain
3. France

i agree though spain will be the best competiiton out there for the usa, my man jose calderon will finally get to show us how good he is
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:06 PM   #4
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

I think it may be

1. Spain
2. Argentina
3. France
4. Serbia
5. USA

I don't really know what happened, but recent US teams (at all levels) have had trouble in the first round of elimination games(2000 Olympics, 2005 U21, 2002 WC, etc). Call me pessimistic...but I think we might blow our first elimination game and have to play for 5th-6th place.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:21 PM   #5
Younggrease
Banned

Default ...

Is Bargnani playing with Italy or is he still with the Raptors????
Old 08-13-2006, 10:28 PM   #6
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
Is Bargnani playing with Italy or is he still with the Raptors????

No he's not on the WC team
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:32 PM   #7
Milkman

why do you guys rate France so high? Australia beat them last game and Australia is really crap.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:37 PM   #8
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I watched the game on TV (I am overseas right now) both teams looked weak, man to man defense from the US will kill them, but the way the game was officated will reallly hurt a team with an NBA style of play. The States must adjust accordingly, and man up the bigs from 20' because all five guys on both Spain and Arg. can knock down the triple.

Also caught the Sebia vs Slovenia game, and Rasho murdered (and I mean absolutely murdered) Darko, scored on him at will, Rasho looked like TD whenever Darko was matched up against him.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:09 AM   #9
Younggrease
Banned

Default ...

what defense does Spain usually play???Argentina???
Old 08-14-2006, 01:08 PM   #10
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
what defense does Spain usually play???Argentina???

Zone and zone, and for some reason the bigs cut off of the high post and had open 15 footers from the wing all night. That Oberto dude on Argentina hit a couple set-shot style. To me the game looked slow awkward and ugly, maybe I just need to readjust to FIBA style or something but I was very unimpressed.

Pau looked like a force, and Calderon was nice, and from that game Spain looks like the much better team
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:20 PM   #11
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Spain PWNS:

Gasol
Calderon
Garbajosa
Rudy Fernandez
etc.

watchout world
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:42 PM   #12
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
I watched the game on TV (I am overseas right now) both teams looked weak, man to man defense from the US will kill them, but the way the game was officated will reallly hurt a team with an NBA style of play. The States must adjust accordingly, and man up the bigs from 20' because all five guys on both Spain and Arg. can knock down the triple.

Also caught the Sebia vs Slovenia game, and Rasho murdered (and I mean absolutely murdered) Darko, scored on him at will, Rasho looked like TD whenever Darko was matched up against him.

good news for raptor fans. shame on you darko, shame.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:09 PM   #13
eboloid
Flash Gordo

eboloid has an OK reputation so far

Could somebody explain to me why Rasho looks so awesome in international play but is just plain old RASHO (say it like SAS) in the NBA? He was so much more confident and competent in the games against Argentina and Serbia than his scared-ass NBA self.
eboloid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: