Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-07-2008, 02:08 PM   #16
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who you want to play in the 1st round?

does it really matter who the lakers play in thefirst round? seriously, if they can't beat whoever they end up being seeded against then they don't belong in the second round...

back in the days of 5 game series in the first round i worried about matchups because any team can get lucky or hot for a couple games and steal one... but in 7 games series the better team wins...

to me, the road to the finals goes through san antonio until they get knocked out of the playoffs... they are the only team of the 30 in the NBA that have proven they belong...

Last edited by gts : 04-07-2008 at 02:10 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:37 PM   #17
Phanatik
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Phanatik has an OK reputation so far

I would want to see the Lakers play Houston or Dallas at this point. But Dallas scares me because both games we've played them has gone down to the wire so they can easily go both ways in the Playoffs. Houston would be a sure win I think, but anyone else, would be a tough series.
Phanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #18
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Phoenix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:01 PM   #19
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

I would like to play the Suns because the match up of Bynum and Shaq and plus we owe them.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:03 PM   #20
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anybody.

Bring them all on!!!!!

I would like to play the Warriors though if they made the playoffs so I can watch the games up here in the Bay.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:27 PM   #21
Crash
Its Showtime

Crash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash
Whats the tiebreak situation with San Antonio?

Anyone? lol.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:50 PM   #22
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash
Anyone? lol.

Spurs are up 2 to 1 so who ever wins sunday gets da tie breaker!! Some one correct me if I'm wrong, "I want to know too!"

Still want da Suns in da first RD!!! Rematch and more money for da NBA!! lol
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:04 PM   #23
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Probably rockets, we can take advantage of their lack of inside help. But serioulsy, any one we get in the 1st round is going to be tough. Warriors, Dallas, Nugs, Rockets, all quality teams and are very very good 7,8 place teams. But i think rockets we have the best chance with
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:22 PM   #24
millencolin735
Decent playground baller

millencolin735 has decent reputation

Go Warriors!!! I got tickets to home game 3, so I want a good show.
millencolin735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:25 AM   #25
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

such a tough call, none of the teams are super appealing, my first choice is houston, i just don't think they could possibly outscore us 4 games out of 7. I think we could beat them in the fewest amount of games, they have the least playoff experience and I just don't like the chances of a team in the playoffs relying on rookies and mutumbo to hold the middle. i love what houston did, played right, strung together wins in the face of criticism like i just gave them, I just still choose them first.

Second choice is really tricky, I guess I almost lean towards Dallas, they haven't been up to big games at all late in the season and we seem to have their number for the most part. The bad thing with them is they are probably the most playoff experienced team and I do think it has to be factored in. Dirk, J-kidd, Jo-Ho, and Terry could all get white hot and it could be trouble. All four of them have been to the NBA Finals, they've all been deep in the playoffs, they understand the second season approach. They have obviously tested us at least in spells in every game this year. Dampier who is their weakest link is probably playing the best basketball of his career. That said, he and dirk are not enough of a presence to stop our frontcourt and we have shooters to deal with their adjustments and of course, Kobe.

Golden State doesn't have the men in the middle to deal with us, my boy lamar was basically back to back 20/20s against them and he is a tall small forward and respectfully, not a 20/20 guy. I don't see how they handle pau or bynum and i don't think our team is weak enough to have to compensate and play small ball like so many other teams inevitably feel they need to do. The problem is they showed us last year what their fearlessness and heart can do, they have the ability to outscore us, they took us to the limit in two games recently and they are really equipped to be nothing more than a giant-killer in the playoffs, you just don't want to be the giant they kill.

Denver we just mopped up this year I felt like but Camby is the most legit big man of the three teams in question for second choice, Melo and Iverson, say what you will, are lethal offensive options. Xfactor guys like najera and smith (and nene and k-mart and kleiza) have deadly capacity on a given night or stretch. They don't play D, they don't seem like they should beat us but they're the most complete team and their firepower matches the warriors in my eyes, certainly in terms of versatility. It's dangerous grounds no matter who we face, I'm glad these last five games are relatively important because we need to use this time to buckle down, regain our rhythm with Pau in the lineup, and be ready to win some tough games on the road. gonna be going against teams at full throttle every night.

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 04-08-2008 at 06:33 AM.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:36 AM   #26
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

TIEBREAKER SITUATION WITH SAN ANTONIO

spurs currently hold the tiebreaker over us because it's 2-1 in the season series, if we beat them it will be 2-2 and go to the conference record (would have gone to divisional record if we were in the same division) for the tiebreaker.

currently:
Lakers Conference Record 33-14
Spurs Conference Record 30-17

looks awfully favorable even if we lose to Portland and New Orleans.

and if you're curious or if i have my division/conference swapped in my understanding of the rules:
Lakers Division Record 10-4
Spurs Division Record 10-6

we'll certainly beat EITHER the clippers or kings and win that one as well, just in case.

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 04-10-2008 at 02:00 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:01 AM   #27
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

hey we lost to portland. i guess i shouldn't assume there's only four teams we could play, we could still be the 7th seed if we play like hacks
Old 04-10-2008, 04:13 AM   #28
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is popular on this boardbrandonislegend is popular on this boardbrandonislegend is popular on this boardbrandonislegend is popular on this board

i want pheonix, if we lose oh well, we need to get them back
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #29
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I say the Suns as well!!!!!

Payback time!!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:07 PM   #30
clayton
Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

clayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
I would like to play the Suns because the match up of Bynum and Shaq and plus we owe them.
I don't want to see that. Lol. Shaq should kill Bynum when his mojo returns on the court.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: