Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-15-2006, 10:17 AM   #16
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan
The knicks will be better this season. But,

1. how much better will they be (how many games)? And
2. what do you feel will be the most important factor in their improvement?
3. LB being fired?
4. Isiah's coaching?
5. Up tempo offence?
6. New players?
7. Players having something to prove or
8 What?

1.I think they are going to win something like 35-40 games.

2. Chemistry, exspesially Starbury, Francis and Curry. How the backcourt will share the ball, but also how they take shots. Meaning that everybody is talking about sharing the ball, that puts pressure of passing which might lead to taking too much passes and finally taking a bad shot (happened when Francis came to the Knicks last season). How Francis plays of the bech if he will not start (mentally). Curry has to step up.

3. Good move, losing some money, but it had to be done!

4. Could be great. I see him coaching this season and then stepping down. Only thing that worries me is that he might be an "ass****" to some players.

5. Up tempo offense...hmm, I think they could play better with a half court offense, Curry inside just has to learn how to pass the ball outside to the guards. Still they have a roster for run and gun offense (except Curry), so it might work. Better with half court offense.

6. Jeffries can play defense, I like him, but they actually didn't need any new players...

7. They have everything to prove...to the haters, and that they can find the chemistry. (This could be fun to watch)

Last edited by Finn T-Mac : 08-15-2006 at 10:19 AM.
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:59 PM   #17
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn T-Mac
1.I think they are going to win something like 35-40 games.

2. Chemistry, exspesially Starbury, Francis and Curry. How the backcourt will share the ball, but also how they take shots. Meaning that everybody is talking about sharing the ball, that puts pressure of passing which might lead to taking too much passes and finally taking a bad shot (happened when Francis came to the Knicks last season). How Francis plays of the bech if he will not start (mentally). Curry has to step up.

3. Good move, losing some money, but it had to be done!

4. Could be great. I see him coaching this season and then stepping down. Only thing that worries me is that he might be an "ass****" to some players.

5. Up tempo offense...hmm, I think they could play better with a half court offense, Curry inside just has to learn how to pass the ball outside to the guards. Still they have a roster for run and gun offense (except Curry), so it might work. Better with half court offense.

6. Jeffries can play defense, I like him, but they actually didn't need any new players...

7. They have everything to prove...to the haters, and that they can find the chemistry. (This could be fun to watch)

GOOD POST, THE MAN IS RIGHT WE GOT SOMETHING TO PROVE
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:18 PM   #18
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

They will win 43 games. The biggest factor will be the coaching of Isiah Thomas. The players will rally around him. Thomas has been the butt of jokes just like the players. They will bond because of it and give him their all.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:27 PM   #19
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

i think its going to factor around eddie curry whether hes in shape or not
Old 08-15-2006, 05:04 PM   #20
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty
IMHO:...

3. You probably meant... How do we feel about LB getting fired? OK... He deserved it... He is an old bastard who thinks he knows everything. Yeah, I said it.

No. I meant how much will they improve as a result of not having the negative effects of LB weighing them down.

LB is a paradox. A great coach who turned out to be a disruptive factor for the Knicks -- with 43 different starting line ups, forcing players to adopt new and confusing roles (especially Marbury & Robinson) and embarising them in the press. LB is like an Army drill instructor who breaks people down before he teaches. Some players like Chauncy Billups responded positively to that and take away a lot. For example Crawford improved a lot under LB. Jamal became a much better all around player, with better shot selection and defense. But it also hurt many of the other Knicks, who want to show LB up this year.

Will LB's absence help the Knicks win more game this year?
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:21 PM   #21
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

I see them wining at least 33 games - 10 more than last year.

Whether they win more and become a playoff team depends on how well they gell and whether Curry steps up consistently.

I wonder about how Francis will play and the effect of Balkman, Collans and Jeffries on team defense.

Marbury will be back to his old self of 20 points and eight assists. Crawford will continue to improve and I feel he will have his best season. Fry, Lee & Robinson will continue to grow into stars.

Will Asiah, be able to trade those spare parts who will not play much for usable pieces?

If all goes right, they could reach the second round of they playoffs!The only thing that I see for certain, is this year should be vey interesting for us as Knick fans!
Old 08-16-2006, 03:34 AM   #22
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Anyone have some thoughts?
Old 08-16-2006, 01:16 PM   #23
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

HKSVIP has an OK reputation so far

I hope we can get 40+ games but that is a big stretch from last year. I think we can do it now with most of our players being together for most of thenyear now and LB not trying to change everyone's style of play. Isiah will coach this team right. We don't need to do anymore trades. Keep the team as it is and we will be just fine. Hear that Isiah, No K-Mart or Webber. Only KG!
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:51 PM   #24
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
i think its going to factor around eddie curry whether hes in shape or not
Yeah, Curry is big threat to other opponents.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:23 PM   #25
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
12 games. they suck balls

Know nothing clown. Knicks will win 32 games minimum. You are just a twolves fan who has to take out him team sucking on another team. You post more in our forum than in the twolves forum. That is because you are mad at Marbury isn't it. Your idiot GM traded the draft rights to Ray Allen for the draft rights to Marbury. Then Marbury left your team and dissed your lover KG. Your team will never win a championship, KG will leave your team, and you will have noones nuts to hug.
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:56 PM   #26
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

KG will leave the team, if its not this year, it'll be next.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:07 PM   #27
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

The knicks under performed last year. Better coaching and the players' desire to prove that they are not stiffs should win them at least another 10 games or so.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:07 PM   #28
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
I have no problem with KG leaving as long as we get something which we will. I love Foye and McCants.

And a Knicks fan dissing a team's front office work? Your a dumb a$$hole.

why you copy what I do man? you envy my knowledge or is it just rubbing off?

think before you speak dumba$$, that's nine more than last year, you think Jeffries and Balkman and a worse can win you nine games? ignorant, illiterate bum

jeffries is a playoff player
balkman is something the raptors wish they had
collins is a 6'6 backup point gaurd
zeke new head coach

knicks will make it further then the craptors..is fred jones going to take you somewhere? is this anthony parker dude no one knows about gunna take you somewhere? is bargnani the bust gunna take you somewhere? or wait the funniest one....TJ FORD FOR CHARLIE VILLANUEVA

i was so happy when i heard that
Old 08-16-2006, 06:37 PM   #29
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

HKSVIP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I have no problem with KG leaving as long as we get something which we will. I love Foye and McCants.

And a Knicks fan dissing a team's front office work? Your a dumb a$$hole.

why you copy what I do man? you envy my knowledge or is it just rubbing off?

think before you speak dumba$$, that's nine more than last year, you think Jeffries and Balkman and a worse can win you nine games? ignorant, illiterate bum
Koren Robinson hates drinking alcoholic beverages.
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:50 PM   #30
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Balkman isnt even earning a mill this year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: