Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-05-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation
Default Early declarations for the draft

Here is the offiical 2008 NBA draft early entry underclassmen list
It came out May 1
Players can still withdraw from it, of course

Last edited by insidehoops : 05-01-2008 at 05:56 PM.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:37 PM   #2
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Early declarations for the draft

I can't believe Character signed an agent. So far he has been a bust in college and really doesn't have any hype going into the draft. He is really going to have to do well in workouts to prove that he is an NBA calibar player. Right now I'm not sure he would even get drafted, but what gets me is that he could have improved so much.

I also hope Hickson doesn't stay in the draft. He got overshadowed with this freshman class this season and I think he could shoot up the draft board next year.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Only reason I knew who Character was when he signed with Louisville was because he was in a S.I. for Kids issue a few years ago, they said he was going to be the next LeBron James or something.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:09 AM   #4
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jerryd Bayless is leaving too.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:45 AM   #5
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

I heard somewhere that Kevin Love and Darren Collison are both leaning towards leaving...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:18 PM   #6
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
I heard somewhere that Kevin Love and Darren Collison are both leaning towards leaving...
Why would Kevin Love consider leaving? I think he is better off staying in college and come back and have a POY type season. And I'm praying Thabeet won't leave UConn. We'd be nasty next season.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #7
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Why would Kevin Love consider leaving? I think he is better off staying in college and come back and have a POY type season. And I'm praying Thabeet won't leave UConn. We'd be nasty next season.

Love could go pretty high in this year's draft, and his range likely would not go any higher, so why stay? Sure getting POY would be nice, but he shouldn't risk injury or his stock falling. Right now he's probably looking at a lottery spot.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:35 PM   #8
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
Only reason I knew who Character was when he signed with Louisville was because he was in a S.I. for Kids issue a few years ago, they said he was going to be the next LeBron James or something.
Louisville does not want Caracter back and he seemed to not like the idea of sitting out a year waiting to become eligible again. He will be a better pro than college player because he has a pro's game. He will more than likely end up in Europe or kick around in the minors for a bit before eventually sticking in the NBA after 3-4 years.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:37 PM   #9
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Louisville does not want Caracter back and he seemed to not like the idea of sitting out a year waiting to become eligible again. He will be a better pro than college player because he has a pro's game. He will more than likely end up in Europe or kick around in the minors for a bit before eventually sticking in the NBA after 3-4 years.

How good would you rate his jumpshot, because I've heard comparisons to Antoine Walker. He would have to really work on his game to become as good as Antoine though.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:44 PM   #10
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_8827030

I believe monthh is the one that said UCLA will be getting 3 freshman point guards this year, so Collison might not be needed, as good as he is. Love, however, would keep UCLA a dominant force in college basketball and likely make them a top five team to start next season if Westbrook, Shipp, etc. decide to stay. Lorenzo Mata-Real is the only notable senior that will be leaving next year, so if Kevin Love wants to give winning a National Title another shot, the opportunity will definitely be there. Like I said before, though, his stock is high and I can't imagine it going too much higher. He would really help UCLA by coming back, but he is considered a top prospect for this year's draft. It will be a tough decision for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Jerryd Bayless is leaving too.

Thanks, just added him to the list.

Last edited by The Big Three : 04-06-2008 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:54 PM   #11
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
How good would you rate his jumpshot, because I've heard comparisons to Antoine Walker. He would have to really work on his game to become as good as Antoine though.
Mechanically his jumper is better than Toine's, but he does not hoist em up from deep very often. His passing ability is what sets him apart from most big men prospects. He needs to be drafted by a veteran laden team with a great structure in place. The Spurs or the Lakers would be good because they own their own NBDL teams and can really look after him while he is being developed.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #12
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Just saw this on ISH's Rumors page, apparently Louisville's Earl Clark will be entering the draft this year as well. Man, they're losing everybody. Padgett and Palacios are graduating, and both Clark and Character have put their names in the draft. It was unclear last night whether Clark would hire an agent.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/...48/1002/SPORTS
Old 04-06-2008, 08:02 PM   #13
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

PG Ronald Steele of Alabama has declared, as well:

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregis...130.xml&coll=3

He might still come back for his senior season, however. Apparently just testing the waters.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:58 AM   #14
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

Terrence Williams has entered the draft according to the ESPN In/Out page as well.

Character really reminds me of Derrick Coleman. He could have been the next great LeBron/Oden type of player. A sure-fire #1 pick. It just seems like his attitude and work ethic have held him back. This is the type of guy that I would grab in the 2nd round, but I'm not sure he would even get picked. He is one of the biggest wastes of talent in years. If he got his head screwed on straight he would be a huge steal in the 2nd round. He is a lottery pick talent.

I'm sure Love will leave. He really has an ego and thinks that he is going to be a star player. I'm not saying this is a bad thing or that he has an attitude problem, but if you listen to him talk, he is not affraid to talk about himself without talking about his team. With this kind of attitude, he is going to the NBA because he wants to play against the best (which is why he probably chose UCLA over Oregon).
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:46 AM   #15
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

Does anybody have anything on Hasheem Thabeet possibly declaring?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: