Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 06-22-2006, 08:48 PM   #1
greglove777
Can barely lace up my sneakers

greglove777 has an OK reputation so far
Default Trade a good idea?

I'm not completly convinced that trading Boozer is a good idea. One one hand he's missed an insane amount of games the last two seasons, especially last season, but on the other side when he's healthy he's been really solid. Really solid, but not great. More importantly, it has yet to be seen what this current squad can do together for a whole healthy season. The potential Chicago trade is extremely tempting if that has any truth, but I don't see where trading with Memphis can go because I don't see them giving up Gasol in any case. But at the same time, I could see the Jazz mess it all up and trade Boozer to Memphis for far below his worth just because they're afraid he'll get hurt again and that he doesn't like Utah. Here's my prediction. If the Jazz trade Boozer, it won't be worth it for them and not only will Boozer be completly healthy for whatever team he plays for next season, he'll put up better numbers than anytime he spent on the floor for the Jazz.
greglove777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:21 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think Boozer is any good for the Jazz. A guy who I would love to see in the Jazz uniform is Shawn Marion who is apparently being shopped. I think Boozer and the pick could get Marion.

PG- Deron Williams
SG- Gordan Giricek
SF- Andrei Kirlenko
PF- Shawn Marion
C- Mehmet Okur

That would rid youself of Boozer, and with Marion maybe start a runnin' and gunnin'. Hopefully you guys can suck somethin out of Araujo.

Would you do that trade?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:13 PM   #3
Hiato
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Hiato has an OK reputation so far

I am quite afraid of what the Jazz might do in a desperation trade--I don't see the likelyhood that a Boozer trade would be a win situation for the Jazz. What Boozer's attitude is towards staying in Utah is a complete mystery to me. But if he wants, or is at least willing, to stay with the team, then I hope he does. He offers an inside scoring and rebounding presence that few other players can offer, and I think the team can make up for his weaknesses, specifically defense.

Plus, he will continue to get better. And since the Clippers are probably not going to offer Elton Brand in a trade, I hope Boozer stays. The management needs to give this team a chance to gel. It could become a very solid team.
Hiato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:30 PM   #4
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Bricklayer has no real reputation yet.

I agree... it's way too soon to trade Boozer. I wouldn't want anyone less than Pau Gasol from Memphis for him. As for Shawn Marion, that would KICK A if we got him (could u imagine AK47 and Marion together? Deron could close his eyes on a fastbreak and toss it up in any random direction and one of the 2 would slam it down. plus, no one would score against the 2 gumby's) but i think Phoenix would ask for too much more than booze. The chicago trade sounds cool only if we get aldridge and ben gordon out of it. If Aldridge turned into another Jermaine O'neal, we'd forget Boozer in a heartbeat.
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:37 AM   #5
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

lowblok has an OK reputation so far

I think they should keep the nucleus of Boozer, Williams, Okur and AK together then add a shotblocking center with a long 6'6/6'7 type shooting guard.
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:08 PM   #6
DTribble
I airball my layups

DTribble has decent reputation

Bucks fan here. Been hearing a lot more talk about a trade brewing between our teams, mostly centering around Boozer and Magloire. Some a little more complicated than others. Seems like a split jury on both sides. Just wondering what you all had heard and your thoughts.
DTribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:45 PM   #7
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

The Jazz would be silly to trade Boozer before the trade deadline... IMO they should wait and see how this team plays together before doing any major deals.
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: