Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 04-07-2008, 02:05 AM   #1
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Now that the Blazers are out of the playoff race...

What should our short term goal be?

1. Try to finish the season above .500 (we are currently 38-39)

or

2. Hope to lose enough to let the Kings pass us, thus (barely) improving our lottery situation (we are currently up 2 games with each team having 5 remaining).

I for one am indifferent. I'd love to see .500 or more, but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter and it was a successful season even if we lose the rest of the games. Sacrificing .500 to let the Kings pass us would likely move us from the 13th pick to the 12th pick, but also slightly increases our chances of jumping into the top 3 picks (emphasis on the slightly).
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Re: Now that the Blazers are out of the playoff race...

Give bench guys minutes so they know who is worth keeping around

But, they still have to play the good players and try to win games, so fans get their money's worth
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

I agree ^^

Play James Jones, Channing Frye, Josh McRoberts, Raef LaFrentz, Jarrett Jack, Martell Webster and Sergio Rodriguez more to figure out who to keep and who to trade in the off season and hope that some upgrade their trade value. Right now IMO, it's all about the offseason.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #4
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thats a great point IH. Also, I truly believe that the Blazers are trying to showcase Jack right now and will trade him this summer to make room for Rudy.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Thats a great point IH. Also, I truly believe that the Blazers are trying to showcase Jack right now and will trade him this summer to make room for Rudy.

Well they only need to let Von Wafer expire to make roster space. Trading Jack would theoretically create more minutes.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:55 PM   #6
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanL
Well they only need to let Von Wafer expire to make roster space. Trading Jack would theoretically create more minutes.

Yeah, I was talking about trading Jack to allow more minutes for Rudy. I see Rudy having Jack's role.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:12 PM   #7
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Yeah, I was talking about trading Jack to allow more minutes for Rudy. I see Rudy having Jack's role.
That would be a pretty tall lineup...

Rudy
Roy
Outlaw
Aldridge
Oden
Old 04-08-2008, 10:43 PM   #8
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

I believe it would

Roy
Fernandez
Outlaw
Aldridge
Oden

Even though thats not the line up they would use except maybe in crunch time.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #9
JordanL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
I believe it would

Roy
Fernandez
Outlaw
Aldridge
Oden

Even though thats not the line up they would use except maybe in crunch time.

Still... the shortest person on that lineup is 6'6"
Old 04-09-2008, 08:11 PM   #10
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

But the true lineup would be

Blake
Roy
Fernandez
Aldridge
Oden

Nate likes Outlaw off the bench because if you took him off then who do you have that is a consistant go to guy? Not Jack, not Webster, maybe Frye some nights and not Przybilla or Jones.

Plus when Brandon runs the offense, things seem to slow down a bit. The Blazers turn more into a half court team when Nate wants to move towards the Phoenix, or Denver type of offensive style.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:06 PM   #11
Myth

Blazers are currently at .500 with 4 games left. Kings tonight, hopefully we can pull out the W and get back above .500.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:51 PM   #12
B-Roy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

B-Roy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
But the true lineup would be

Blake
Roy
Fernandez
Aldridge
Oden

Nate likes Outlaw off the bench because if you took him off then who do you have that is a consistant go to guy? Not Jack, not Webster, maybe Frye some nights and not Przybilla or Jones.

Plus when Brandon runs the offense, things seem to slow down a bit. The Blazers turn more into a half court team when Nate wants to move towards the Phoenix, or Denver type of offensive style.

No way. Fernandez is coming off the bench, BANK on it. We hardly know anything about this guy. He plays SG, and SG alone. He's going to back up Roy. Martell is going to get the start at SF. Nate likes him, and he's improving. Blazers obviously think he has a high upside.

If anything, Fernandez is going to be that spark off the bench along with Travis (If we don't trade him). I would expect KP to trade some quantity for some quality at the PG position. We could possibly try to move up the draft to claim one of the good guards coming. Or he could target a veteran. Either way, I trust KP will make the right decision.

I'm sure there's going to be some trades in the offseason, and I fully expect for guys like Jack, Frye, Wafer, Raef, and McBob to be traded or let go. I don't think we'll resign Jones unless we trade Outlaw or Webster, but I'm sure we'll have a trimmed down roster by the start of next year with probably a 9 man rotation.

Sure Roy will play PG, but you can't expect most of his minutes to be at the 1 position. There's just no way Roy is going to chase around smaller guards for 48 minutes. Blake is decent, but he shouldn't be a starting PG. We need a new point, it's as simple as that.
B-Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:04 PM   #13
joel
Can barely lace up my sneakers

joel has an OK reputation so far

New on the forum here. I am a big Portland fan. Very pleased that the blazers have created a clean image as a team with departed players like randolf and miles etc. I agree to upgrade the point guard position.
A nice trade may be to send Sergio, Jarret Jack, and prizbilla to Toronto. and the 13th pick
In return they could get calderon and Humpries, and graham
toronto gets better rebounding and a defensive center, a good back-up combo guard in Jack, assurance in Sergio and a chance to pick up a good player at 13.

Portland get their starting point, a teammate for Fernandez and their fourth post in Humphries, and an althletic if not inconsistent wing in Graham.
joel is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: