Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 08-14-2006, 03:00 AM   #1
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default Trade With Denver

I was looking at some of the stats on NBA.com. After reading the other thread about trading Juwan Howard, I was reading some of the posts and found a trade with Denver. I didnt like the players involved so I thought of this.

Denver receive:

Juwan Howard
2nd round pick

Rockets receive:

Kenyon Martin
cash considerations

After looking at their stats over the past years they are pretty even matched. Juwan and Martin both 6'9, about 10 lbs difference, and both play the same position. Kenyon said he doesnt want to stay in Denver, but the question is do you guys want Martin?
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 06:51 AM   #2
junwin
I hit open 5-footers

junwin has decent reputation

Reasons For:
Juwan is old....every year hes basically less of factor
Kenyon is young and explosive

Reasons Against:

Stromile Swift anyone?
Howard is a vet and his presence could be missed

this would be a risk for houston right here, but i dont think there would be enough incentive for denver to make this trade....
junwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:12 AM   #3
DreamRuled
Kids at the park dunk on me

DreamRuled has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by junwin
Reasons For:
Kenyon is young and explosive

He was explosive. No one really knows what he is going to be right now, else some one prolly would have been willing to take him on.

It doesn't make a lot of financil sense to take on Martin's contract right now. He's making over 10 mil a year until '11. Howard is making considerably less money for considerably time. Honestly, if (big if) Juwan was 8 years younger, most people would like his contract...it's not a whole lot more than the MLE. He's still a little over priced, but not that bad, and he'll be a free agent in 08 (unless he doesn't pick up his option...wouldn't that be great).

Personally, I'd hate to have kenyon on the team. He's a hot head, he's arrogant, and doesn't seem to have much respect for authority or organizations. Lets say he comes here,like Van Gundy, and then Van Gundy gets canned in the midst of a horrible season for some reason. Does he quit on the team and organization becase he doesn't like the new coach? Based on his actions after Cincy git rid of his old coach, I wouldn't be surprised.

There's no reason to take on a high priced player right now. We have a pretty decent team, if they are all on the court. One more backup big man would be nice, a rugged rebounder sort, but not for 10mil a year.
DreamRuled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:11 AM   #4
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far

Maybe I'm just hooked on kenyon's game in the Nets, but here it goes once again.

I've suggested this kind of trade before, here in Rockets forum (and with every other team's forum that might need a pf), and with the same result, people don't want k-mart here. That's just stupid to think he ain't no more a great player and not worth of the cash, cause the years in Denver. People don't give him a change to prove that he can still play.

Sacramento gave Ron Ron a new change when Indiana didn't want to and Kenyon hasn't even jumped in the audiense. And look what happened to Sacramento after the trade, they just played great rest of the season. They are not the same player but just an example of people loosing faith to "players with attitude"

And what comes to his game. When he's hungry, he can be still be unstoppable, like for example 34 points he had against the Mavericks or the 28-12 game he had against Detroit.

He just needs a team and a coaching change. (and a good pg)
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:44 AM   #5
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

the numbers financially would not work out. I don't think K-Mart would be a good fit for Houston. With Yao and T-Mac, K-Mart would not have the attention on him. I think he should go to a place where he could pick-it-up and have a good year
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:28 PM   #6
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapsfan4life
the numbers financially would not work out. I don't think K-Mart would be a good fit for Houston. With Yao and T-Mac, K-Mart would not have the attention on him. I think he should go to a place where he could pick-it-up and have a good year

I think he would be a good fit in the team. Think about the inside defense of the Rocket with Yao and Kenyon. Kenyon is a great one-on-one and help defender. The Rockets also need a solid scorer after t-mac and Yao. And with injuries to T-Mac and Yao (Hopefully not) he could bring good second scoring. Only question is Stan Van Gundy...I think he might not be a coach who can handle Kenyon type of players, Byron Scott did it great, so could coaches like Avery, Pop, Rick Adelman and so on.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:46 PM   #7
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

Ya Van Gundy might not be able to handle him. I think its too big of a risk, chemistry wise and financially to take. The Rockets have too much pressure to win this year
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:59 PM   #8
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn T-Mac
Maybe I'm just hooked on kenyon's game in the Nets, but here it goes once again.

I've suggested this kind of trade before, here in Rockets forum (and with every other team's forum that might need a pf), and with the same result, people don't want k-mart here. That's just stupid to think he ain't no more a great player and not worth of the cash, cause the years in Denver. People don't give him a change to prove that he can still play.

Sacramento gave Ron Ron a new change when Indiana didn't want to and Kenyon hasn't even jumped in the audiense. And look what happened to Sacramento after the trade, they just played great rest of the season. They are not the same player but just an example of people loosing faith to "players with attitude"

And what comes to his game. When he's hungry, he can be still be unstoppable, like for example 34 points he had against the Mavericks or the 28-12 game he had against Detroit.

He just needs a team and a coaching change. (and a good pg)

I liked the way you put that. Martin was much better on the Nets. He doesnt want to stay in Denver and they dont want him. Martin could pick up wherever Juwan left off. Swift could get some minutes too. How do you know he sucks? He could be good, but doesnt get the chance to get some solid minutes. This is how players emerge, change, and get better. I see the lineup as:

PG Rafer Alston
SG Shane Battier /T-Mac
SF T-Mac/Shane Battier
PF Kenyon Martin
C Yao Ming

Looks like a pretty stacked lineup to me. And you got some good bench production. With this team you guys could get pretty far in the playoffs, maybe even the Finals.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:04 PM   #9
Marky418
Decent playground baller

Marky418 has no real reputation yet.

Hell Yeah that the best trade possible The Rockets need young energetic player like Kmart he can add more energy and toughness to the team.

Marky418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 06:51 PM   #10
DreamRuled
Kids at the park dunk on me

DreamRuled has an OK reputation so far

According to another websites trade checker, Howard for Martin won't work b/c of the salaries. And until kenyon can prove that he is consitantly the player he was before his injuries, there's no reason to throw in another player to make the trade work.

It's entirely possible kenyon will be every bit as good as he was in NJ (although it prolly won't show in Denver, with all the big men they have), but he hasn't shown it yet. Until he does, making such a big investment doesn't make sense.

Also, some one said something about Stan Van Gundy...uhmm...wrong brother. Jeff Van Gundy has handled players like Charles Oakley and Latrell Spreewell, so [i]if[i] martin wants to be coached, Jeff can handle him.

Some one else mentioned Swift coming off the Rocket's bench...he's been off the team since the draft, so that's not going to happen. If you knew about Battier being on the team, you should have known Swift was off.
DreamRuled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:04 PM   #11
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRuled
According to another websites trade checker, Howard for Martin won't work b/c of the salaries. And until kenyon can prove that he is consitantly the player he was before his injuries, there's no reason to throw in another player to make the trade work.

It's entirely possible kenyon will be every bit as good as he was in NJ (although it prolly won't show in Denver, with all the big men they have), but he hasn't shown it yet. Until he does, making such a big investment doesn't make sense.

Also, some one said something about Stan Van Gundy...uhmm...wrong brother. Jeff Van Gundy has handled players like Charles Oakley and Latrell Spreewell, so [i]if[i] martin wants to be coached, Jeff can handle him.

Some one else mentioned Swift coming off the Rocket's bench...he's been off the team since the draft, so that's not going to happen. If you knew about Battier being on the team, you should have known Swift was off.
Can I have that website, so next time I post something like this I can check.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:38 PM   #12
Marky418
Decent playground baller

Marky418 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Can I have that website, so next time I post something like this I can check.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine
Marky418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:45 AM   #13
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky418
Thanks, but yeah anyways. Since it says the Rockets have less cap space, the Nuggets are going to ask for another player, so just throw in a third string, or whoever you guys dont want.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:45 AM   #14
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Good thing, there is finally people who still believe in Kenyon! Thanks Marky418 and Kobedaman24
Old 08-15-2006, 02:18 PM   #15
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn T-Mac
Good thing, there is finally people who still believe in Kenyon! Thanks Marky418 and Kobedaman24
You're welcome. Finn T-Mac you have MSN or AIM?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: