Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 03-18-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Not happy with Anderson Varejao

Every damn time this guy touches the basketball, bad things happen. Has no jumpshot to speak of, is clumsy, and just doesn't know what to do with the ball. Trying to post feed players who are still trying to get position, forcing careless turnovers, etc.

Even his defense sucks as of late. Seems like he's lost a spring in his step, gets in more foul trouble, and him and Wallace just don't work well together at all.

and him and his agent wanted $10 mil. this offseason...........
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:53 PM   #2
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Not happy with Anderson Varejao

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Every damn time this guy touches the basketball, bad things happen. Has no jumpshot to speak of, is clumsy, and just doesn't know what to do with the ball. Trying to post feed players who are still trying to get position, forcing careless turnovers, etc.

Even his defense sucks as of late. Seems like he's lost a spring in his step, gets in more foul trouble, and him and Wallace just don't work well together at all.

and him and his agent wanted $10 mil. this offseason...........

I tried to tell you. We should have got rid of him. His defense sucks because he exposed himself in the playoffs last year (to the refs. the fans always knew I think) as a flopper and the refs aren't giving him the calls.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:55 PM   #3
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
I tried to tell you. We should have got rid of him. His defense sucks because he exposed himself in the playoffs last year (to the refs. the fans always knew I think) as a flopper and the refs aren't giving him the calls.

Mathius

I guess I just drank the Andy koolaid that was out in full supply last year.

Really been a bad year for him. Yeah, he's still young I guess, but not THAT young. At 25, there is room for improvement, but one would figure by now that he would've started making some of those improvement.

I still think he can contribute some hustle plays and rebounds, but man.........f uckin' HATE watching that flopping sh!t.

What the hell did he spend his offseason doing? It's a gut check time for him, but Mike Brown isn't the man to deliver that message. No consequences for players who underperform.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #4
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I guess I just drank the Andy koolaid that was out in full supply last year.

Really been a bad year for him. Yeah, he's still young I guess, but not THAT young. At 25, there is room for improvement, but one would figure by now that he would've started making some of those improvement.

I still think he can contribute some hustle plays and rebounds, but man.........f uckin' HATE watching that flopping sh!t.

What the hell did he spend his offseason doing? It's a gut check time for him, but Mike Brown isn't the man to deliver that message. No consequences for players who underperform.

He's not going to GET any better. First off, he isn't smart enough. Second off, he's been in the league for three years, and his game hasn't changed one bit. He hasn't learned one new thing.

Mathius
Old 03-20-2008, 03:00 PM   #5
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
He's not going to GET any better. First off, he isn't smart enough. Second off, he's been in the league for three years, and his game hasn't changed one bit. He hasn't learned one new thing.

Mathius

He made some real lucky shots last night, doing stuff he had no business trying to pull off. Everyone in the arena went nuts, and yeah, there was some entertainment value involves and points are always at a premium vs. Detroit, but when he makes those circus shots, he's gonna feel like he can make them again, even those those shots don't go down 9/10 times.

He usually plays well vs. Detroit, though. A real irritant to Rasheed and co.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:28 PM   #6
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

yeah, basically every time he touches the ball, i pretty much know it's a lost possession, he tries to do things on offense that he just can't do
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:05 PM   #7
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan

Cavs2007Champs has decent reputation

I'm not sure we were all watching the same Andy V when he first came back before he was injured.

His jumpshot improved when he was first back, from what I was watching he was hitting his jumper, he was active, he came back and didn't take weeks to get back on track, he jumped right in, and he played great for him.

And he didn't pull a Drew Gooden, Drew had a large portion of games where he was producing before AV came back, and of course, as soon as Drews PT was getting split Drew started to suck. But AV came in splitting PT with Drew and Z, and was hitting jumpers, getting boards and hustling.

I think he's been bad since returning from the injury though, maybe he wasn't fully healed, not sure?

And it's just so hard to get a read on this Cavs team.

Sasha and AV sat out at the beginning of the season, then the injuries to AV, Bron, Boobie, Sasha and Donyell, then trying to implement the players back into the rotation, some got injured during the trade, it's been a crazy year for Cleveland, and if they make it past the 2nd round it will be a great year for them knowing the circumstances.
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:48 PM   #8
dr aj
I airball my layups

dr aj has an OK reputation so far

Not every PF or C in the league has a jumpshot. Andy is in their for his interior defense. Yes he flops, but most of the time they are good, he gets the call and we get the ball.

He lately has been scoring not too badly. And am quite impressed. But what we really need is a true PF or C that can back up Z and score easily. Joe Smith has become that player lately.

Our inside D is stronger than ever, but our outside D is now very weak.
dr aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #9
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr aj
Not every PF or C in the league has a jumpshot. Andy is in their for his interior defense. Yes he flops, but most of the time they are good, he gets the call and we get the ball.

He lately has been scoring not too badly. And am quite impressed. But what we really need is a true PF or C that can back up Z and score easily. Joe Smith has become that player lately.

Our inside D is stronger than ever, but our outside D is now very weak.

He should not be allowed to touch the ball on offense at all. I yell and scream at my t.v. every time he dribbles the ball.

I don't care how good his flopping is, it's not part of the game. He's trash.

Mathius
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: