Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2006, 10:21 PM   #1
SaveOurSonics
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
SaveOurSonics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2
SaveOurSonics has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation Save Our Sonics

http://www.saveoursonics.org

join the fight!! don't get apathetic!!!
SaveOurSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:55 AM   #2
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters
 
Young HkM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 796
Young HkM is considered somewhat coolYoung HkM is considered somewhat cool
Default

Registered.

Glad to be a member of the fight.
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:17 AM   #3
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS
 
RainierBeachPoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: seattle
Posts: 6,877
RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default torn

although i would love to see the sonics stay in the area--- even renton or bellevue, i think that the issues are bigger than just our team and the arena

i have felt priced out of sonic games for a while now and havent been to the key in years. the whole nba is going corporate in catering to the rich and their skyboxes; catering to the gullible in their marketing of jerseys etc to pay for these incredible salaries

that being said, i still love the game more than any other sport or any other b-ball league

the bigger issue is about corporate welfare. the city fronting money so that owners can reap the profits. wrong wrong wrong

but there are many cities just chomping at the bit to do this. ok city, st louis, san jose

if our inner city schools could be upgraded further, more innovative responses to the homeless people could benefit from the $$ NOT spent on the sonics, then it is a no-brainer to me (even as a hardcore sonics fan)

the intangible is the loss of civic pride in the fact that seattle wouldnt have a nba team. but so many people are fair weathered fans here--- i wonder how much the sonics would really be missed by the general population. just we hardcore fans would shed tears
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:26 PM   #4
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer
 
lebron_zoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: tiger airways
Posts: 428
lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far
Default

OK sorry but can you explain to me how inner city schools and homeless people have anything to do with this? im not following
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:58 PM   #5
SaveOurSonics
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
SaveOurSonics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2
SaveOurSonics has an OK reputation so far
Default

The best option for keeping the NBA in the Puget Sound is to build an arena in the suburbs, preferably Bellevue. I think Seattle is not even an option...Bellevue still is; Renton can be a last choice.
SaveOurSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:11 AM   #6
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS
 
RainierBeachPoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: seattle
Posts: 6,877
RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default choices

it was a throwaway line meant to get a response

a city has choices. when a city choose to cow-tow to millionaires who want the city to build a studium and then the OWNERS real the profits, that is a form of corporate welfare.

i would rather the city choose options such as building better schools/funding for teachers, fund creative options to deal with homeless people, improve infrastructure etc etc etc that benefit the whole of the city and the quality of life here

as much as i love nba hoops and the sonics, i would not have it at any cost--especially the price of our civic soul

the tickets are too expensive for the average joe; the nba these days is more interested in pumping up the lebron james' and selling their jerseys for $178....

let the folks in bellevue who can afford it front their millionaire cohorts
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:46 PM   #7
GoSFGators
I Hit Open Layups
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1
GoSFGators has an OK reputation so far
Default See Ya Sonics

The sonics should stand on their own two feet and not on the necks of hard working tax payers. If IBM ask us to build them a building we would say get lost. These sports franchises make so much money (high ticket prices, high cost merchandisea and high cost food) that they can afford to pay their players hundreds of millions of dollars. Then they have the balls to ask people who make 30 or 40 thousand dollars a year to build them an arena which the Sonics will get all the profits from and the people are left with bill. What a scam.
GoSFGators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:14 PM   #8
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS
 
RainierBeachPoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: seattle
Posts: 6,877
RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Save Our Sonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveOurSonics
http://www.saveoursonics.org

join the fight!! don't get apathetic!!!

get updated!

can you believe that this thread was started july 2006
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:15 AM   #9
d_white089
Let's Go.....
 
d_white089's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,806
d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Save Our Sonics

wow
no hope anyway
Coming soon to an arena near you:
The Oklahoma City Sonics
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:55 AM   #10
Weez65
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 40
Weez65 has decent reputationWeez65 has decent reputation
Default Re: Save Our Sonics

RBB, your response is close to mine but i would actually even take it a bit further. In fact i have posted this on the NBA's own forum, and ESPN's forum.

It breaks my heart to loose the Sonics, but you have to draw the line somewhere, and as long as David Stern is in charge of the NBA, and the same owners exist, the same owners who it looks like will vote in favor of the move ( based on there own personal want for new FREE arenas.)even though they know its wrong to do this to the city of Seattle and its fans, i will NEVER be able to trust the NBA again.

What this means is that if we loose the Sonics and the NBA DOES end up offering us an expansion team, as much as i would love for that to happen, i think out of principle, and just plain common sense, we HAVE to tell he NBA to take there offer and stick up there OKC! Why in the world would we trust the same people who screwed us so royally, ever again? Charlie Brown should have stopped trusting Lucy along time ago, and in my eyes getting TRICKED once is enough for me. David Stern is a sneakier, shameless conn man of a Lucy who may ask us to kick the football one more time. and im not gonna do it. When David Stern has been FIRED for gross misconduct and behavior unbecoming a league official then i may have interest in the NBA again.

And btw, does it rub anyone else the wrong way that we would have to crawl back to the very people that STOLE our team and beg for a new one? Have you thought about the idea of Clay Bennet sitting smugly at his owners meeting and "gracefully out of the goodness of his heart" voting to let poor Seattle have a new team? Have you thought about David Stern and how sickening it will be to watch him act like hes doing Seattle a giant favor by allowing us a expansion team? About the fact that in the end we will have to bow down and THANK the NBA for this team when what we should be doing is telling them to go to hell for taking the first team for NO GOOD REASON!!!

The more i think about an expansion team in Seattle the more it makes me feel Ill. Cheapened like i sold out to the devil. My integrity Vs NBA BB in Seattle. Sorry, i choose my integrity.

Now...I have some things to say that are addressed to specific targets.

David Stern, your bound and determine to help your ol buddy out, even at the cost of so many Seattle hearts breaking, and that says a lot to me about who you are and what kind of league you will run. You cannot be trusted. You have destroyed your credibility. In short, you are soulless and a crook and i want no part of anything your associated with.

To any NBA owner who votes FOR the move, your so in bed with the idea of tax payers funding your stadiums and with a threat to move if they don't, that u have lost all compassion for the fans that make what you do possible. I hope that some day something that has become a big part of your life that you love will be ripped away from you without mercy, just so you will know what you helped make happen in Seattle.

To Howard ( I know nothing, NOTHING! ) Shultz....your a real piece of work you traitorous dog. I'm ashamed your from Seattle. Is there not a orphanage somewhere you should be trying to close down? I never did like Starbucks and now i have a good reason to rally against the place. While staying within the law i will spend the rest of my life doing what ever is legally allowed to hurt your business. I wish for you a hostile takeover where even though you fight with all your heart and soul to save something that you helped build and love, in the end it is ripped away by some smug jackass with a smirk on his face. Rot in some place lower that hell you wank.

To the Washington state lawmakers that decided it was more important to end your session on time so you could skip on home to pack for your vacations even while the CEO of Microsoft and Costco were doing everything they could to keep the team in Seattle, even as they offered more money out of there OWN pockets than OKC's entire tax payer base approved.

You LIED to us and told us that calls about the sonics were coming in at a 10 to 1 clip against saving the Sonics, and now when the records were legally obtained we find out its exactly the opposite. 3008 calls were recorded and out of those JUST 117 said don't save the sonics. 97% said please save them and you LIED to the public about what was really happening. i will NEVER vote for a single one of you again. Bring on the Challengers. its time for a political house cleaning in our state.

To Clay Bennet, rot in hell you lying underhanded LEECH. If there is a heaven and i'm allowed to exist there, Clay Bennet will be the man i have fishing through my dogs poo to make sure he's eating a proper diet. My contempt for you is pretty much endless.

To OKC fans, i wish you luck. you'll need it. My only wish is that some day something will allow you to see that even though it wasn't your fault, what your city did to get a team was very very wrong.

To OKC officials, shame on you. Your lust for a team is so high you cant wait your turn for an expansion team like good honest people should? Your ok with STEALING another cities team? Your mothers and fathers obviously didn't teach you proper morals. The NBA talks now about maybe giving Seattle a expansion team? 0.o Anyone see anything wrong with this picture? ITS OKC THAT SHOULD BE ASKING FOR AN EXPANSION TEAM! NOT SEATTLE!!!

To other Seattle fans, I say that i feel your pain. And i wish it were different. But i appeal to you to not give in and let Bennet off easy. He doesn't care if you keep your teams name. Hes not offering to allow us to keep our team name out of the goodness of his heart. THERE IS NO GOOD IN THAT HEART OR HE WOULDN'T TAKE THE TEAM TO OKC! Its a ploy to bargain his way out of the lease. Please don't allow the man that took your team to skip off like a happy grade schooler who had a tantrum and then got his way as a result of that tantrum.

Should Seattle be thankful for the NBA's unofficial offer of an expansion team? I think not. that should be OKC's roll while we continue a 41 year old love affair.
Weez65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:39 PM   #11
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS
 
RainierBeachPoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: seattle
Posts: 6,877
RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Save Our Sonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weez65
RBB, your response is close to mine but i would actually even take it a bit further. In fact i have posted this on the NBA's own forum, and ESPN's forum.

It breaks my heart to loose the Sonics, but you have to draw the line somewhere, and as long as David Stern is in charge of the NBA, and the same owners exist, the same owners who it looks like will vote in favor of the move ( based on there own personal want for new FREE arenas.)even though they know its wrong to do this to the city of Seattle and its fans, i will NEVER be able to trust the NBA again.

What this means is that if we loose the Sonics and the NBA DOES end up offering us an expansion team, as much as i would love for that to happen, i think out of principle, and just plain common sense, we HAVE to tell he NBA to take there offer and stick up there OKC! Why in the world would we trust the same people who screwed us so royally, ever again? Charlie Brown should have stopped trusting Lucy along time ago, and in my eyes getting TRICKED once is enough for me. David Stern is a sneakier, shameless conn man of a Lucy who may ask us to kick the football one more time. and im not gonna do it. When David Stern has been FIRED for gross misconduct and behavior unbecoming a league official then i may have interest in the NBA again.

And btw, does it rub anyone else the wrong way that we would have to crawl back to the very people that STOLE our team and beg for a new one? Have you thought about the idea of Clay Bennet sitting smugly at his owners meeting and "gracefully out of the goodness of his heart" voting to let poor Seattle have a new team? Have you thought about David Stern and how sickening it will be to watch him act like hes doing Seattle a giant favor by allowing us a expansion team? About the fact that in the end we will have to bow down and THANK the NBA for this team when what we should be doing is telling them to go to hell for taking the first team for NO GOOD REASON!!!

The more i think about an expansion team in Seattle the more it makes me feel Ill. Cheapened like i sold out to the devil. My integrity Vs NBA BB in Seattle. Sorry, i choose my integrity.

Now...I have some things to say that are addressed to specific targets.

David Stern, your bound and determine to help your ol buddy out, even at the cost of so many Seattle hearts breaking, and that says a lot to me about who you are and what kind of league you will run. You cannot be trusted. You have destroyed your credibility. In short, you are soulless and a crook and i want no part of anything your associated with.

To any NBA owner who votes FOR the move, your so in bed with the idea of tax payers funding your stadiums and with a threat to move if they don't, that u have lost all compassion for the fans that make what you do possible. I hope that some day something that has become a big part of your life that you love will be ripped away from you without mercy, just so you will know what you helped make happen in Seattle.

To Howard ( I know nothing, NOTHING! ) Shultz....your a real piece of work you traitorous dog. I'm ashamed your from Seattle. Is there not a orphanage somewhere you should be trying to close down? I never did like Starbucks and now i have a good reason to rally against the place. While staying within the law i will spend the rest of my life doing what ever is legally allowed to hurt your business. I wish for you a hostile takeover where even though you fight with all your heart and soul to save something that you helped build and love, in the end it is ripped away by some smug jackass with a smirk on his face. Rot in some place lower that hell you wank.

To the Washington state lawmakers that decided it was more important to end your session on time so you could skip on home to pack for your vacations even while the CEO of Microsoft and Costco were doing everything they could to keep the team in Seattle, even as they offered more money out of there OWN pockets than OKC's entire tax payer base approved.

You LIED to us and told us that calls about the sonics were coming in at a 10 to 1 clip against saving the Sonics, and now when the records were legally obtained we find out its exactly the opposite. 3008 calls were recorded and out of those JUST 117 said don't save the sonics. 97% said please save them and you LIED to the public about what was really happening. i will NEVER vote for a single one of you again. Bring on the Challengers. its time for a political house cleaning in our state.

To Clay Bennet, rot in hell you lying underhanded LEECH. If there is a heaven and i'm allowed to exist there, Clay Bennet will be the man i have fishing through my dogs poo to make sure he's eating a proper diet. My contempt for you is pretty much endless.

To OKC fans, i wish you luck. you'll need it. My only wish is that some day something will allow you to see that even though it wasn't your fault, what your city did to get a team was very very wrong.

To OKC officials, shame on you. Your lust for a team is so high you cant wait your turn for an expansion team like good honest people should? Your ok with STEALING another cities team? Your mothers and fathers obviously didn't teach you proper morals. The NBA talks now about maybe giving Seattle a expansion team? 0.o Anyone see anything wrong with this picture? ITS OKC THAT SHOULD BE ASKING FOR AN EXPANSION TEAM! NOT SEATTLE!!!

To other Seattle fans, I say that i feel your pain. And i wish it were different. But i appeal to you to not give in and let Bennet off easy. He doesn't care if you keep your teams name. Hes not offering to allow us to keep our team name out of the goodness of his heart. THERE IS NO GOOD IN THAT HEART OR HE WOULDN'T TAKE THE TEAM TO OKC! Its a ploy to bargain his way out of the lease. Please don't allow the man that took your team to skip off like a happy grade schooler who had a tantrum and then got his way as a result of that tantrum.

Should Seattle be thankful for the NBA's unofficial offer of an expansion team? I think not. that should be OKC's roll while we continue a 41 year old love affair.

good to see ya put your heart out there weez

can you copy and paste this into the main forum-- maybe call it "a super---sonic rant"
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:58 AM   #12
Howard Schits
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gonzaga Town
Posts: 255
Howard Schits has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Save Our Sonics

Beautifully written!
Howard Schits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:25 PM   #13
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator
 
The Big Three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: http://www.insidehoops.com/
Posts: 2,406
The Big Three has decent reputation
Default Re: Save Our Sonics

This is just a sad, sad story with a bad ending. F*ck Oklahoma City, what does that city give to the franchise that Seattle does not?
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:58 PM   #14
Weez65
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 40
Weez65 has decent reputationWeez65 has decent reputation
Default Re: Save Our Sonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
This is just a sad, sad story with a bad ending. F*ck Oklahoma City, what does that city give to the franchise that Seattle does not?

This statement is about as perfect and to the point as anything written. Given all current offers within the state of Washington, what DOES OKC offer the Sonics that the city of Seattle dose not?

If its a equal deal, then why are we stripping a 41 year old franchise city of its team? On some basic level that i disagree with completely, you could argue that if another city offered a deal that was just 10 times better, well maybe it should be considered. As i said i disagree with this but it is an argument that can be made.

I do not think OKC's argument for the team is 10 times better. I do not, in fact, believe there offer to be even EQUAL to the deals that have now been offered from within the state of Washington.

I understand that Clay Bennet being the teams owner has the right to move his team if he wants to. But i also know that the league can stop the move anytime they want to. If the league said no Bennet would be forced to either play the team in Seattle, or sell it if he is no longer interested.

Anyone else disagree and think the sonics would somehow be better off in OKC as either a business or from a league history point of view?

Someone tell me again why its a good idea to take the Sonics to OKC? I cant think of any.
Weez65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:21 AM   #15
sbuxsux
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9
sbuxsux has decent reputationsbuxsux has decent reputation
Arrow Re: Save Our Sonics - JUNE 16 RALLY!!!

GET UPDATED FOLKS!! http://saveoursonics.org/

THERE'S A MAJOR RALLY AT THE DOWNTOWN COURTHOUSE ON MONDAY JUNE 16
Monday, June 16 marks the beginning of historic legal proceedings as the City of Seattle defends its lease to the Seattle SuperSonics in federal court hearings.

Save Our Sonics (SOS) encourages Sonics fans to express their support in a group gathering outside the federal courthouse in downtown Seattle (700 Stewart St.) throughout the day.

Sonics legends "The Glove" Gary Payton and "X- Man" Xavier McDaniel are confirmed to attend and speak at 4:30 pm. Other Sonics Legends have been invited and are expected to appear.

Download and Post this EVERYWHERE!!!
It's the Official Rally Flyer:


B&W: http://saveoursonics.org/Portals/16/rally_0616.pdf

Color: http://saveoursonics.org/Portals/16/rally_0616_rgb.pdf


Steve Kelley of the Seattle Times wrote:
Why is this rally important?

Because people will be watching.

The league doesn't like getting embarrassed and if a huge crowd gathers at the courthouse, the rally will rate ESPN airtime and it will be a signal to the rest of the country that Seattle still cares.

If thousands, instead of hundreds, show up it will be another example that the NBA is dead wrong about this city.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._kelley09.html


ITS FAR FROM OVER... SEE YOU AT THE COURTHOUSE ON MONDAY!!!


SAVE OUR SONICS!!!
Last 3 min of home game vs Mavs - 16,000 fans chanting at the Key
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mp4lAafmZFA&feature=related
sbuxsux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy