Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-14-2006, 09:43 AM   #1
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation
Default Team USA Cuts more than official

Bruce Bowen was recently announced as very likely to be cut. Gilbert Arenas just had to pull out due to a groin injury.

http://www.usabasketball.com/seniorm...renas_out.html

Our final lineup has a 99.99% chance of looking like this:

PG-Kirk Hinrich
PG-Chris Paul
SG-Dwyane Wade
SG-Joe Johnson
SF-Lebron James
SF-Carmelo Anthony
SF-Shane Battier
PF-Antawn Jamison
PF-Chris Bosh
PF-Elton Brand
C-Brad Miller
C-Dwight Howard

Last edited by insidehoops : 01-09-2007 at 05:28 AM.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:59 AM   #2
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

That's the team I would've had.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:34 AM   #3
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Where's Kobe? Don't left him out you idiots. He's by far the best player on that squad you chumps.

That's just the Worlds roster. Kobe's not on that squad, he's rehabbing his knee.

He will be on the Olymic team in '08.
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:37 AM   #4
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Bowen wasn't playing much anyways and Gilbert played like dog crap...Roster looks good to me
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:14 AM   #5
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

i'm not sure why we're having a Kobe explosion on the board this morning, but any way, the cuts look good, although I'm sad to see Gilbert get ousted due to injury
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:19 AM   #6
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

The question is:

Will Bowen take his cut like a man? If you catch my drift...

though I actually feel slightly bad for gilbert considering how much dedication he's shown since the beginning
Old 08-14-2006, 11:29 AM   #7
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
That's the team I would've had.
Me too, but I don't know if I would have called for Arenas to get cut. Luckily, the injury made it easy.

Glad Shane made it. Glad Joe made it. Glad Kirk made it.

Everyone on the team has played well. Bosh needs to step up, though.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:58 AM   #8
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

so what are everybody's opinions? Barring a serious disaster, this will be the final 12-man lineup. With just 4 guards in the lineup, do you think we're stretched the ballhandling/point guard rotation department? What do you think Antawn's role is going to be?
Old 08-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #9
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

ehh, i don't think the US is stretched at the PG rotation. they may only have two legit PG's left on the roster, but they have a few guys like wade, bron and JJ who are all accustomed to handling the ball for their respective clubs.

can't really tell what role 'tawn will play until the rotation is set.

sucks that bosh isn't performing up to expected standards, but im guessing this is mainly due to the fact he's an offensive player, on a team with many scoring options. probably needs more touches/opportunities to get himself into the game. luckily for team USA, bosh is a true team player and won't cry about minutes/shots or anything for that matter. he'll still work hard in practice be positive about the situation.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:29 PM   #10
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

what makes me nervous is that Coach K hasn't really worked on post offense yet. He's still sticking to a perimeter oriented offense that focusses so heavily on guard play. I think Dwight and Bosh especially need to get more experience in the international post game if they are to be effective. Bosh is only shooting 43% so far, mostly blowing easy layins and not utilizing his relatively effective mid-range jump shot.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:33 PM   #11
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

I think Bosh is gradually adapting to his role on the team the more they play together. In the early games he was shooting a lot, trying too much to be the scorer on the floor, but I think lately he's been focusing on other aspects more, like how he was the leading rebounder in the last game for example. If he can continue to find his place on the team, I think it will not only help the USA, but it'll also help him grow as a player as he learns the skills associated with the less glamourous aspects of the game.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:40 PM   #12
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
what makes me nervous is that Coach K hasn't really worked on post offense yet. He's still sticking to a perimeter oriented offense that focusses so heavily on guard play. I think Dwight and Bosh especially need to get more experience in the international post game if they are to be effective. Bosh is only shooting 43% so far, mostly blowing easy layins and not utilizing his relatively effective mid-range jump shot.

wow, thats low. especially considering he shot 50.5% from the floor over 70 games last year.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:17 PM   #13
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I ultimately feel like we're going to miss Arenas in the long run. When we face teams like Spain who can play the zone well and score well. I think he's somebody that can get hot and take over from the outside. But whatever, I think Hinrich at times can do the same thing, he's gotta get more aggressive with his shots though
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:20 PM   #14
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Chris Bosh

Bosh is stinking it up out there.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:20 PM   #15
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Me too, but I don't know if I would have called for Arenas to get cut. Luckily, the injury made it easy.

It would've been either Arenas or Jamison for me...but Jamison's been consistent all his life and he'll get second chance points as well as anybody there is. And he's efficient as hell. I"m not sure how good Gilbert is with a reserve role. He could be a bench spark, but then again so could any of these guys.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: