Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-11-2006, 11:40 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Charlie isn't a SF???

I have read a lot of posts where raps fans want to deal Cvill for a legit SF? What then is your definition of a SF in this day in age? Isn't Rashard Lewis a SF? 6'10", like Cvill. To me they are similar players and nobody is saying Seattle should deal him for a traditional SF. Anyone remember a guy named Larry Bird? Cvill is not Larry Bird by any stretch, but I bet some people whould have wanted the Celtics to get a 'more traditional SF' and we all know that worked out pretty well. Josh Smith, Peja.....6'9"....the list goes on and on. So, what is the big issue with Cvill at SF? To me, he's not big enough for PF and so him and Bosh at 3/4 is ideal.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:29 PM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

There isn't a hue problem with him at SF, but he isn't a pure SF. You can't compare him to Lewis and Peja, they play completly different. Lewis and Peja were always SF's, Charlie has been a PF throughout high school and college. He does have SF skills so I don't think this should be as big of a debate as it has turned into, but the fact remains he isn't a perfect SF.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:49 PM   #3
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
There isn't a hue problem with him at SF, but he isn't a pure SF. You can't compare him to Lewis and Peja, they play completly different. Lewis and Peja were always SF's, Charlie has been a PF throughout high school and college. He does have SF skills so I don't think this should be as big of a debate as it has turned into, but the fact remains he isn't a perfect SF.

Agreed, he surely plays the PF position. He does have a flash of SF skills, but is much better suited to playing the PF spot.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:59 PM   #4
Danny
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Danny has an OK reputation so far

I agree with all of you that Charlie is not a true SF but a PF..

But we have to look at the mis-match he creates.. Other SF's cant guard him because of his inside dominance and smilarly he cant guard other SF's because they are too quick for him.. thus we have an advantage on the offensive end and a disadvantage on the defensive end.. that is why we were one of the worst defensive teams and other teams had a 50+ FG percentage against us all season long..
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:33 PM   #5
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far

Charlie V's game suites the SF position but he could also play the 4 but i think hes more effective at the 3 hes got a height advantage at that spot and pretty quick .
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: