Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 08-14-2006, 12:20 PM   #1
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far
Default Gooden coming back

I've heard that ESPN radio has reported that Gooden is going to stay, 3-years, 23 million deal. So it seems like the starting five will stay the same.

PG Snow
SG Hughes
SF James
PF Gooden
C Ilgauskas

Would've you wanted somebody else to starting lineup, and bench Gooden or just trade him away? My opinion is that the Cavs are fine with this roster and keeping Gooden is helpful. Gooden is a solid PF who can also score. Better fit for the team would've been, from the free agents, Wilcox. Harrington wasw the other option, but I think Gooden fits better than him.

Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:23 PM   #2
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Al Harrington would be a way better fit for the cavs i think. I cant really stand gooden's inconcsistency. Im just thankful that if this is true its not a long term deal. Maybe he'll get traded i dont know. Thats over 7 mil a year. He's getting a little overpaid i think.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:31 PM   #3
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

It will be interesting to see how well he plays now that he's getting 7 mill/per...
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 06:05 PM   #4
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

I hope the money paid for him, motivates him to make his game more consistent.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 06:22 PM   #5
Fab17
I airball my layups

Fab17 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re:

Smart move by Cavs. I think Gooden is much better than Evans, who has been chased by Cavs.

They found a way to keep Gooden without give him Nene money.
Fab17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 07:12 PM   #6
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

this seems like a good deal, we didnt really overpay him, but the contract is decent enough that we can trade him if we need to.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:13 PM   #7
nawsanenawmean
I brick open layups

nawsanenawmean has an OK reputation so far

At least it isn't 10 million a year, but I'm still iffy on this signing. Drew's inconsistency makes me sick, and the front court of Z and Drew is so soft it's sadd. This is why Drew and Z rode the damn bench in the playoffs because of their lack of consistency and lack of toughness. It's nice to see we signed a guy that even Coach Brown doesn't trust. Hopefully we can still sign Reggie Evans.
nawsanenawmean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:25 PM   #8
Fab17
I airball my layups

Default Re

Cavs really needs Evans or Wesley? Evans is no better than Varej„o, it would make sense only if we let Gooden walk. A team with Gooden, Varej„o and Marshall at PF doesn't need Evans.

About Wesley...he was good, but he is well past his prime and the Cavs drafted two young guards, don't think he would be useful.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:46 PM   #9
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab17
Cavs really needs Evans or Wesley? Evans is no better than Varej„o, it would make sense only if we let Gooden walk. A team with Gooden, Varej„o and Marshall at PF doesn't need Evans.

About Wesley...he was good, but he is well past his prime and the Cavs drafted two young guards, don't think he would be useful.
Wesley's getting old now so dont expect him to have another 3 spectacular scoring years.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:22 PM   #10
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I couldnt be happier about this one. This was the one move i was really hoping for this offseason, and now that it's out of the way we can focus on trading for/signing a better point guard. Gooden i think was just really important to get back on a team that's already paper thin in the frontcourt as it is
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:59 PM   #11
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

There's a lot of disagreement here. Some people are saying Gooden's overpaid and is very inconsistent and some people are saying its a good move and it was cheap.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:31 PM   #12
Legend
I hit open layups

Legend has no real reputation yet.

I think they should get rid of him (if we have him) in a trade but not to early, until we see that he isnt worth it ship him out.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:31 AM   #13
Fab17
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
There's a lot of disagreement here. Some people are saying Gooden's overpaid and is very inconsistent and some people are saying its a good move and it was cheap.

Yeah, he is inconsistent and he got a little bit overpaid.

What I like here is the lenght of the contract, Cavs needs Gooden right now and when a team needs his own free agent the tendency is overpay the player for 6 years, like Denver didi with Nene.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:34 AM   #14
Laphonz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Laphonz has an OK reputation so far
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab17
Yeah, he is inconsistent and he got a little bit overpaid.

What I like here is the lenght of the contract, Cavs needs Gooden right now and when a team needs his own free agent the tendency is overpay the player for 6 years, like Denver didi with Nene.

Totally agree. Three years is enough to make Drew smile but not enough to make him think he's got pay day and doesn't have to 'put in'. Drew is probably as decent fit for the Cavs as anyone, you'd look for him to avg 12-15PPG & 8-10RPG (a little wishful on the RPG!!). LBJ, Z & Larry are your primary/natural scorers, Drew just needs to toughen up a bit and concentrate on the not-so-glamourous stats (Reb, Screens etc). Now if we can a true PG, look out Miami................maybe!!

Eastern Conference Finals - Cavs Vs Heat - That'd be great veiwing!!
Laphonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:06 PM   #15
lbj4life
Can barely lace up my sneakers

lbj4life has an OK reputation so far

awesome. a good contract i must say
lbj4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: