Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 04-09-2008, 11:54 PM   #61
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Best Yahoo Public Team Ever?

You caBll that an average draft? The first 4 players I got lower than they should've gone.

Inactive? I had the 5th most moves this year, and 6th or 7th most of the sesaon. Maybe teams don't use the add/drop strategy in the playoffs?

And this thread isn't about who managed the best, or who did the best managing.

It's about the Best Team. It's all about the Team.
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #62
nashpwnsnoobs1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

nashpwnsnoobs1 has an OK reputation so far

pretty sick how ur still using windows '96 in 2008
nashpwnsnoobs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:24 PM   #63
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller

Matt_3333 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
You caBll that an average draft? The first 4 players I got lower than they should've gone.

Inactive? I had the 5th most moves this year, and 6th or 7th most of the sesaon. Maybe teams don't use the add/drop strategy in the playoffs?

And this thread isn't about who managed the best, or who did the best managing.

It's about the Best Team. It's all about the Team.

I don't think drafting a player lower than their average draft position makes you good (just maybe makes others bad). Since with the first few rounds, you can't really go wrong anywhere (other than injury proness). But, I'd judge it more by sleeper picks and the ones near the end that can really make you're team amazing (like my friend who took calderon last pick of the draft or taking hedo who turned out to be great).

Also, the reason you went 104-80 or whatever was cause you only had roy and dirk for the last week and before than it was gibson and foye...you're not a good manager...anyone might as well pick up marion and yao and bynum right now and post a better team than you...
Matt_3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:25 PM   #64
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashpwnsnoobs1
pretty sick how ur still using windows '96 in 2008

1. I think there was Windows 95, 98, and Mill. Don't ever remember seeing 96.

2. That is XP

3. It's not mine and is from a computer lab.

4. Thanks for trying see you later.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:27 PM   #65
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_3333
I don't think drafting a player lower than their average draft position makes you good (just maybe makes others bad). Since with the first few rounds, you can't really go wrong anywhere (other than injury proness). But, I'd judge it more by sleeper picks and the ones near the end that can really make you're team amazing (like my friend who took calderon last pick of the draft or taking hedo who turned out to be great).

Also, the reason you went 104-80 or whatever was cause you only had roy and dirk for the last week and before than it was gibson and foye...you're not a good manager...anyone might as well pick up marion and yao and bynum right now and post a better team than you...

I didn't edit my lineup for a while either.

When I actually drafted that team, the people in the league were calling me dumb and telling me I wasn't going to win, but I did.

Marion/Yao/Bynum are injured.
Dirk/Roy are healthy.

If anyone can post a better TEAM RIGHT NOW, then win. I can pick up Yao/Marion too. But it's all about the Best Team Going into the Finals.

Yao/Marion = Worthless right now.
Dirk/Roy= Worth a lot right now.

Do you see any difference?

And once again, it's not about the best manager, it's about the best team. THat's all that matters.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:29 PM   #66
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

This was the final roster of my team last year (10-team league, ended up 1st in regular season, but then failed in the playoffs because of Dwyane Wade's injury):

Remember - this was in 2006-07. Keep your eye on the red bordered players, I also had Deng, Gordon, Nocioni (for a while), Dalembert, and Diaw. My team name was 3D (Dwyane, Dirk, Deron, but I had a bunch of other D's including David West).
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:21 PM   #67
joeKool
I airball my layups

joeKool has an OK reputation so far

even though you are in the finals and have a great team, id think youd want more than 2 centers.
just my 2 cents there.

my team as it stands:

g:
mike bibby
raymond felton
gilbert arenas
deron williams
brandon roy

f:
danny granger
andrei kirilenko
caron butler
lamar odom
jeff foster (had to pick up when kaman went down)

c:
dwight howard
samuel dalembert
rasho nesterovic

i pretty much dominated until injuries claimed a ton of my players, but im in playoffs, so we shall see how it pans out.
joeKool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:19 AM   #68
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Ok fine I give in

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/67761

I talked a lot of trash in the league all year, especially at the draft.
Some of my players were FA pickups, but that doesn't matter, I took the risk. But most of that team was assembled during the Draft.
And the best team ever assemble ends up losing the final. Up 6-3 now but will lose assist and 3's when the scores update overnight.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:20 AM   #69
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
And the best team ever assemble ends up losing the final. Up 6-3 now but will lose assist and 3's when the scores update overnight.

What an amazing bump
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:12 AM   #70
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
And the best team ever assemble ends up losing the final.
Yeah, sounds a lot like the Patriots this year...

You should see my team Name....New England Patriots...

Now I know how they felt. Well I knew then too, but now I experienced it first hand.

Dominating team, Possibly GOAT, seemingly unbeatable, had the lead the whole way before blowing it in the end, and season is over.

(Not to mention my great players sitting out while his players have some career nights)

Last edited by Glove_20 : 04-17-2008 at 01:18 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:54 AM   #71
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nope, it's bad managing, you added garbage players for the final day when Sessions is sitting on the waiver or you could of added him earlier in the week to lock up assist. Crisis could have been averted, but you failed.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:58 AM   #72
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
Nope, it's bad managing, you added garbage players for the final day when Sessions is sitting on the waiver or you could of added him earlier in the week to lock up assist. Crisis could have been averted, but you failed.
Or maybe some of my players would've played their final season game like all of my opponent's did. And he also had some crazy career games. Not to mention Caron Butler's injury.

But I had no idea that I actually needed to do anything to finish the week off. I had such a dominating team. And come on, who thought Sessions was going to get that many assists.

But regardless, obviously every team that loses, you can say something to criticize or it wouldn't have lost, including the Patriots.

Should've, coudl've, would've, works for every team that loses. Oh well though....Just like the NE Patriots, my dominating team also fell when I needed it to step up the most.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:10 AM   #73
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Quote:
And come on, who thought Sessions was going to get that many assists.
He just came off a 20 20 game with 24 assist...
Old 04-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #74
cornellunited
I hit open layups

cornellunited has an OK reputation so far

once again, the karma police show they actually exist. Glove will still cling to last year, and next year it will be '2 years ago' and so on and so forth. I guess the jury is in on who' team is better

my team >> your team because i won the championship, therefore by the chain law of fantasy basketball my team is the best team ever. ever.

it aint easy
cornellunited is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: