Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Fact: Tyrus Thomas is a bust.

Look at the games. Does he ever really look he has a clue? Yes he has solid games once in a while but they're usually isolated around 10-15 bad performances.

The "he needs more minutes" excuse is looking more like something that just isn't true. Skiles never played him, Boylan the assclown doesn't play him, and I'm not sure the next coach is going to play him either. Something is seriously wrong with him as a player. And the Bulls have shown time in, time out that they just can't fix it.

My solution? Trade him on draft night for a pick in the top 20. For any pick. And draft someone that can make a solid contribution with minimal devolopment. Because the Bulls organization CANNOT DEVELOP PLAYERS.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Fact: Tyrus Thomas is a bust.

I totally agree... AND LaMarcus Aldridge had an absolutely sick game last night too with 22 points and 16 rebounds. Just proves that Paxson made a retarded decision to trade the rights to Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:36 PM   #3
MaCC2MuCh
dont blink or i get by

MaCC2MuCh has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I totally agree... AND LaMarcus Aldridge had an absolutely sick game last night too with 22 points and 16 rebounds. Just proves that Paxson made a retarded decision to trade the rights to Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas.

yea hes an official bust as of this seasons end....hes barely developed at all,takes horrible jump shots and does not defend on the perimeter or on ball very well.....he needs to b on a team with a good point guard who can just give him lobs all the time for highlight dunks and thats all...remember hes just a kid with a lot of athleticism but a low basketball IQ and a questionable attitude......i regret that we didnt get lamarcus in the draft and thats one of the reasons why we sucked this year....we have a lot of work to do in the off-season and it should start with hinrich,thomas,nocioni.........TRADE BAIT!!

NO ONE IS UNTOUCHABLE....SORRY DENG
MaCC2MuCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:50 PM   #4
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

look at what happened with tyson chandler

if tyrus thomas finds the right situation hes a 20/10 player
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:22 PM   #5
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Hes not nba ready yet
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:55 PM   #6
dak121
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath

Chandler is a 7 footer that is taller and more athletic than most of the guys he goes up against. Thomas is a 6'8'', 215 pound PF. His size makes it very difficult to make a consistent impact. And unlike similar sized players like Marion or even Rodman, he lacks the skill and intelligence to make up for his smaller size.

He, just like Gordon, should've never been a top 5 draft pick. It's hindsight but Paxson missed on those 2 picks badly.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:33 AM   #7
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

if tyrus is surrounded by vets and high iq players, he'll be very valuable. He needs someone that can cover his low iq and just focus on his athletic ability. Rebound, blocks, tip-ins, alley-oops. He is just surrounded by equally limited players w/c just exposes his limitations.

Chandler has his limitations. Most of his points comes from alleyoops. But the thing is, he has Chris Paul beside him.
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:52 PM   #8
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Yeah, I think Tyrus playing with Jason Kidd, Chris Paul or Steve Nash would be great for him. He'd be putting up nearly 20 PPG probably.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:02 PM   #9
dak121
College superstar

20 and 14 tonight. Of course it was against Wallace so I'm not sure it means a lot, but him being a bust/disappointment is more on the Bulls organization than himself.

With better coaching/management he'd probably be a much better player. But I still don't see him panning out as a Bull. Maybe a decent coach could help because Paxson definitely isn't.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:18 PM   #10
marksmith
Can barely lace up my sneakers

marksmith has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath

The difference in my mind is Tyrus is going to be a much better offensive player than Chandler. If we ever land a real point guard and coach, Thomas will average better than 17 points, 7 rebounds and 2 blocks a game. He will also make an All Star game.

That is ... IF we get a decent enough point guard and coach. And that's a big "if."

God I hope we don't draft another character guy in this draft.
marksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:36 PM   #11
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

I'm sorry but most of you guys are idiots! haha! Conan and Marksmith know what they're talking about. Tyrus has proven that he has a good..and improving mid range jump shot. Aldridge will always be a better scorer I think, only because of his size. If you look at per 48 minutes for Scoring, Rebounds, Assists and blocks, Tyrus wins every category accept for Scoring. And anyone who knows anything about basketball knows that the more minutes you get..the easier things come later in the game. To say that a 21 year old is a bust is just dumb, especially in this case. Someone said it perfect...if we had a better PG...Tyrus points will go way up...and the PG's assist will go up. Our guards RARELY penetrate. The Bulls are a jump shooting team. Gordon...long range jumpers...Deng...mid range jumpers..Hinrich...jumpers...Hughes....loves all jumpers. Only Nocioni penetrates on a regular basis and maybe Sefolosha. People said Tyson was a bust .....look now! The Bulls player rotation is the worst in the league. Time will tell this tale....
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:45 PM   #12
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdv12
I'm sorry but most of you guys are idiots! haha! Conan and Marksmith know what they're talking about. Tyrus has proven that he has a good..and improving mid range jump shot. Aldridge will always be a better scorer I think, only because of his size. If you look at per 48 minutes for Scoring, Rebounds, Assists and blocks, Tyrus wins every category accept for Scoring. And anyone who knows anything about basketball knows that the more minutes you get..the easier things come later in the game. To say that a 21 year old is a bust is just dumb, especially in this case. Someone said it perfect...if we had a better PG...Tyrus points will go way up...and the PG's assist will go up. Our guards RARELY penetrate. The Bulls are a jump shooting team. Gordon...long range jumpers...Deng...mid range jumpers..Hinrich...jumpers...Hughes....loves all jumpers. Only Nocioni penetrates on a regular basis and maybe Sefolosha. People said Tyson was a bust .....look now! The Bulls player rotation is the worst in the league. Time will tell this tale....

Well said. I think the primary target this offseason should be for a Point gaurd. Even more so than a star. I know its getting old now, but Rose would be such a perfect fit for this team age and talent wise. If Paxson somehow managed to pull off that deal I just might pi$$ myself.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:08 PM   #13
MaCC2MuCh
dont blink or i get by

MaCC2MuCh has decent reputation
Talking Re: Fact: Tyrus Thomas is a bust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdv12

ur right............if the bulls had a better/pure pg im certain tyrus would play much better rather than trying to create offense strictly on his own....hes a decent ball handler for his size and his jumpshot has improved from last year...ive just been so frustrated with his inconsistency that its very easy to label him as a bust when u compare his numbers to laMarcus aldrige....but i cant wait to c what moves we make this offseason and get some better players in here who want to win again....
MaCC2MuCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:30 PM   #14
ryno14
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ryno14 has an OK reputation so far

I would give him one more shot at this team, but they need to find a coach who can motivate him. Skiles was too much of a tyrant, Boylan a pushover. Bring in someone who he respects and see if he will develop. Secondly, move him to small forward. Do you realize he is listed as 6'8" and 215 lbs? Paxson and Skiles biggest problems with him (and Ben Wallace) is that they thought these guys were centers or big men. Sure Thomas can leap out of the building, but he has more perimeter potential than Chandler ever did.
ryno14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:21 PM   #15
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Fact: Tyrus Thomas is a bust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring#7
I think the primary target this offseason should be for a Point gaurd.

Exactly what I have been saying for a couple months. Everyone agrees that if TT were teamed up with Paul or Nash he would explode, so why does that mean it is the Bulls coaches fault for not developing him? He has never played with an elite, difference-making PG, so let's get him one. It would make life easier on every player on the Bulls.

I realize it is easier said than done to get an elite PG, but you have to give something up to get something back. Paxson needs to get over his man-crushes with his current players and make a move. Perhaps on draft night he will pull a Danny Ainge...
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: