Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 04-09-2008, 05:59 PM   #1
Lil Balla21
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Lil Balla21 has an OK reputation so far
Default Hook shots!

Okay, i never get this but how do you guys get hooks so good. Like most of the time i make them but sometimes i completely miss the rim and it bounces off the back board or something. I don't suck at basketball i'm pretty good for my age but it bugs me that i can't hook!! haha if anyone could tell me and my banana how to hook we'd be happy! thanks!
Lil Balla21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hook shots!

I am working on my baby hook so I can take PG's into the post if they switch onto me.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:16 PM   #3
Lil Balla21
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Lil Balla21 has an OK reputation so far

Ya i guess baby hooks would help
Lil Balla21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:33 PM   #4
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

do the "ray allen" drill that's what i call it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IPuD8bGdts

he does it with jump shots but u can pretty much do that drill with any shot you're comfortable with. i do it with jump hooks and jumpers

basically, start at 0 and start shooting

each make is +1 point and each miss is -2 points. you win/lose when you get to either +10 or -10

i do this every day it really gets your confidence up, i find it helps when you talk yourself thru it but that's just me
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:02 PM   #5
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am working on my floaters ( Baby Hook Shoots) because this is a lethal weapon when i am going up againts the SF of the other team. I think Hook Shots are more effective if you have a longer wingspan, and this can intimidate your opponent because this is one of the best traditional move in basketball.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:35 AM   #6
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i've been having my son work on this lately, teaching him to use his body to gain position and to jump as high as he can for the hook shot. i haven't seen too many younger kids doing this so i really pushing it.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: